Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 16, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #28,891 of 36,078
Hi, John I also had a question about the brand new top of the line iem "KHAN" I was just wondering if the name "KHAN" came from well-known founder and first Great Khan of the Mongol Empire - Genghis Khan?
According to the photo posted above, it certainly looks so. Isn't it? I was wondering if there was no risk associated with the use of such name?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #28,892 of 36,078
Hi, John I also had a question about the brand new top of the line iem "KHAN" I was just wondering if the name "KHAN" came from well-known founder and first Great Khan of the Mongol Empire - Genghis Khan?
According to the photo posted above, it certainly looks so. Isn't it? I was wondering if there was no risk associated with the use of such name? Just coming up to my memory from good old days in high school, the big name "Khan" was highly controversial indeed. Anyone today can find relevant information on the first page of Wikipedia i.e.: The death of millions of people caused by Genghis Khan Mongol Empire and destruction during the 13th-century Mongol conquests have been widely noted in both the scholarly literature and popular memory. It has been calculated that approximately 5% of the world's population were killed during Khan invasions or in their immediate aftermath. If these calculations are accurate, this would make the events the deadliest acts of mass killings in human history.
I think the idea is that the Khan destroys all competition. I was momentarily uneasy about the name but wouldn't take it too seriously.

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #28,895 of 36,078

Attachments

• 1111111.jpg
    1111111.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 16, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #28,896 of 36,078
According to the photo posted above, it certainly looks so. Isn't it? I was wondering if there was no risk associated with the use of such name?

Not much of a mystery, as we have historically used descriptive terms of royalty/heritage/lineage etc.

Screenshot_20181217-035511_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181217-035609_Chrome.jpg

I also felt Ghengis Khan was fitting as i feel it reigns supreme over its predecessors.

Technology wise, it is more complex, fit wise (subjectively) better. Rarity of build materials, far more rare than what has ever been offered as a "standard" build feature.

Even the Khan cable is an upgrade from its predecessors.

As far as the Noble line up, it is in my view, the Khan is, the king of kings.

Screenshot_20180824-200134_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 16, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #28,898 of 36,078
Not much of a mystery, as we have historically used descriptive terms of royalty/heritage/lineage etc.

I also felt Ghengis Khan was fitting as i feel it reigns supreme over its predecessors.

Technology wise, it is more complex, fit wise (subjectively) better. Rarity of build materials, far more rare than what has ever been offered as a "standard" build feature.

I can't wait to hear it...Thank you for such a great explanation!

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #28,899 of 36,078

Really looking forward to hearing Khan. I hope it is the universal that fits me!

Dec 16, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #28,901 of 36,078
I'm surprised the Gold X Silver cable wasn't standard, unless this new Kahn cable is better? I love my Gold X Silver, but you don't hear much talk about it.

Its already $2399, adding another $300 might be asking a lot. People have the option of course, just buy the other cable for the Khan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back