Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 27, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #28,396 of 36,066
Let me make it clear, i tried to changed my cable not because of wanting a different sound sig, but because my cable is losing signal on the right channel in a certain angle.
So i didnt expect there will be difference in sound sig

But there was, and a harsh savant isn’t my thing so i dump that cable and re-use the original cable

Me too, except my cable got that problem, and it’s not fun at all :frowning2:
So you got yourself an replacement original cable? Were you able to compare and definitely repeat the difference in sound?
I'm not trying to be difficult or unfriendly, just that I have heard many things over my years that I attributed to cables. None of them have proved to be so in the end. Or at least, any "improvements" bought about by cables did not add to the my enjoyment of music in the long term.

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #28,398 of 36,066
So you got yourself an replacement original cable? Were you able to compare and definitely repeat the difference in sound?
I'm not trying to be difficult or unfriendly, just that I have heard many things over my years that I attributed to cables. None of them have proved to be so in the end. Or at least, any "improvements" bought about by cables did not add to the my enjoyment of music in the long term.
Not the original cable, but the ultrathin cable from Noble

I compared the original cable and this ultrathin cable and found in most songs, my savant become quite harsh

Attachments

• CC655DF4-9618-458A-BA3E-91A4ACA03318.png
    CC655DF4-9618-458A-BA3E-91A4ACA03318.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 28, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #28,400 of 36,066
Here’s the cable im talking about
Reverting to the original cable solved the problem? I still say that doesn't actually prove that the cable made the difference but I guess if not using it was preferable then that's that. I take it you got a replacement original cable?

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #28,401 of 36,066
Reverting to the original cable solved the problem? I still say that doesn't actually prove that the cable made the difference but I guess if not using it was preferable then that's that. I take it you got a replacement original cable?
Why do people need to prove to you that cables do provide changes to the sound? If you don't believe / can't hear the difference that's fine but there are so many other people, including myself, who use cables to tune the sound of their systems.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #28,402 of 36,066

Yup i changed back to original cable and the sound sig is back to what it used to be.
I dont like saying cable “improve” something, but in my case it does make the savant sounds harsh.
No i didnt get a replacement and still using the old one, i just need to be careful when using it.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #28,403 of 36,066
Why do people need to prove to you that cables do provide changes to the sound? If you don't believe / can't hear the difference that's fine but there are so many other people, including myself, who use cables to tune the sound of their systems.
Sorry if you find my questioning tedious. I am genuinely interested. I also think it is worth challenging the idea that cables are worth spending money on as noone has ever proved that they do to my knowledge.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #28,404 of 36,066
Sorry if you find my questioning tedious. I am genuinely interested. I also think it is worth challenging the idea that cables are worth spending money on as noone has ever proved that they do to my knowledge.
It is a matter of perception and preference and there is no point in seeking a proof as such, as there is no right or wrong answer. How much money a person is willing to invest in cables is entirely a personal choice, and I don't see the point in challenging that.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #28,406 of 36,066
It is a matter of perception and preference and there is no point in seeking a proof as such, as there is no right or wrong answer. How much money a person is willing to invest in cables is entirely a personal choice, and I don't see the point in challenging that.
I challenge the idea that it is necessary to spend money on cables. There is a wierd idea on Headfi that true enjoyment of music lies in the last two percent of performance.
Anyway. I've made my point and In very happy for you to have your POV. :)

Damn Right. Here's an example from the last time a cable discussion got too out of hand.

I was aware that I may be opening an unwelcome can of worms. Patronising of me I guess but I always think that those new to Headfi should be aware that these tweaks are contraversial at best.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #28,407 of 36,066
High end cables have benefits in other ways, but if you buy them for sound, you may or may not get what you are looking for. There are people on here that if you told them anything that sounds good to them, they open up their wallet. In the end, these companies are a business, they are here and in business to make money, period.

Oct 28, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #28,408 of 36,066
Both my bike, and computer are very happy right now. Threw on my K10's, fired up the pressure washer, gave the bike a nice bath then lubed the chain etc. Next up, took my PC outside, took both doors off, fired up my blower and gave it a good dust bunny blowout. I did a vacuum of the computer a couple days ago but just didn't feel satisfied. As always, the seal with my K10's make it them great for blocking out the noise from the blower, its really loud even though its an electric one over a gas. The pressure washer is gas though, blocks that noise right out also.

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #28,409 of 36,066

It is same idea of why you love your k10s and others may not feel the same. Can u prove them why?. I love my k10s and I did upgrade my cable to lionheart and yes it made a huge difference in vocal presentation.. it brought it to my tastes over stock. Now u don’t see the difference awesome you saved a ton of money but please don’t take an approach that You are right and others aren’t.,

Pc

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #28,410 of 36,066
It is same idea of why you love your k10s and others may not feel the same. Can u prove them why?. I love my k10s and I did upgrade my cable to lionheart and yes it made a huge difference in vocal presentation.. it brought it to my tastes over stock. Now u don’t see the difference awesome you saved a ton of money but please don’t take an approach that You are right and others aren’t.,

Pc

Well, that's also hard to prove. You went from SPC to an 8 wire SPC. You went from SE to balanced, so what really made the improvement? I tried balanced with my AK player, didn't think it did a damn thing. Then you get people saying balanced on AK sucks and its amazing on Sony and others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back