Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 15, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #26,416 of 36,066
Yeah, they are interesting, a bit ahead of the 3135 in a submariner, although that is an underrated movement.

A Frank Muller Fan?! So, you're the one! :D

It's very cool that you are a fan of high-end watchmaking (haute horology). I love F.P. Journe myself.

It goes hand in hand with a love of high end audio.

As a watchmaker myself, the Tudor MT5612 movement, which is like almost like a mini 3135 but no decoration so is much cheaper to produce. But rest asure the built quality is really like a tank.

F.P.J is turely one of the few best modern brand. Really love it!

Check out De Bethune as well!

Watch & Music is too good match!

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #26,418 of 36,066
A Frank Muller Fan?! So, you're the one! :D

Yep, I'm the one. Been in love with the idea of the Crazy Hours series ever since seeing my friend's Crazy Tourbillon in action. Not sure it's a terribly practical watch, but I love the ingenuity of the series. Given my travel schedule, my next watch is probably a FM Master Banker. The maintenance on FM scares me though.

It's very cool that you are a fan of high-end watchmaking (haute horology). I love F.P. Journe myself.

It goes hand in hand with a love of high end audio.

FPJ - classic! Nice.

Agreed about the linkage between nice watches and high-end audio--it's all about attention to detail, and after you get past a certain level of functional capability, you can go down any number of increasingly expensive (and often intersecting) rabbit trails: high design, blazing-new tech, classic execution, new materials, etc.

Except Hublot.

I

Just

Can't.

Nov 16, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #26,421 of 36,066
There is also also something else that watches and earphones have in common.

Limited suppliers of the internal components

Swatch
Knowles

Indeed, it's a quasi-monopoly after ETA also sucked up Valjoux and Lemania), there are some "raw" movements (Ébauches) available from manufacturers like Soprod, Selitta, Vanlanvron, Dubois-Depraz, La Joux-Perret (all Swiss), Miyota and Seiko from Japan, Sea Gull, Shanghai from China, but of course none offers the the brand image (Swiss Made), scale and flexibility of ETA in one....

Knowles - didn't know they are so market dominating, I only remember that Sonion (Denmark?) and Sony (Japan) produce BA drivers too....very interesting, any more insights you can share?

Nov 16, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #26,423 of 36,066
Indeed, it's a quasi-monopoly after ETA also sucked up Valjoux and Lemania), there are some "raw" movements (Ébauches) available from manufacturers like Soprod, Selitta, Vanlanvron, Dubois-Depraz, La Joux-Perret (all Swiss), Miyota and Seiko from Japan, Sea Gull, Shanghai from China, but of course none offers the the brand image (Swiss Made), scale and flexibility of ETA in one....

Knowles - didn't know they are so market dominating, I only remember that Sonion (Denmark?) and Sony (Japan) produce BA drivers too....very interesting, any more insights you can share?

Final in Japan make their own, as do TSST in Korea (they have a headphone brand called EarNine) :)

Nov 16, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #26,424 of 36,066
NoDNt7al.jpg

oDSbe4gl.jpg

the three drivers in the tray are Sonion drivers, the final driver appears to be a proprietary driver made by Sonion for Final.

There aren't too many other options out there, probably less than half a dozen. There is a new company that appears to be "on the move" gaining market share at a rapid pace.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 16, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #26,426 of 36,066
NoDNt7al.jpg

oDSbe4gl.jpg

the three drivers in the tray are Sonion drivers, the final driver appears to be a proprietary driver made by Sonion for Final.

There aren't too many other options out there, probably less than half a dozen. There is a new company that appears to be "on the move" gaining market share at a rapid pace.

Which model is that Final driver from?

Have you heard of TSST? They are doing some vented BA's.

EDIT: I see it's from LAB 1

It also seems that most other Final models used BA's from Molex...

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #26,428 of 36,066

Photo Nov 16, 18 07 57.jpg

Introducing EDC Velvet, the premiere model in the all-new EDC series,
characterized by a warm, pleasant, sound with solid low-end response considering its compact form factor.

offered at $96 (reg $120) with Black Friday 20% discount
available though Sunday, November 19th

Specs

Single 5.8 mm dynamic driver
Precision-machined ported aluminum housing
Reflective cable with Vectran fibre weave
3.5 mm termination and three-button mic/controls (iOS and Android compatible)
Impedance less than 35 ohms

What's included?

(1) set EDC Velvet earphones
(1) round Noble carrying case
(2) complete sets of eartips

-------------

www.nobleaudio.com

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #26,429 of 36,066
That's awesome Brannan! Way to go team Noble!

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #26,430 of 36,066
Thank you Lord, I mean Noble, I don't have to upgrade my Encores!!!!!!!
Shoot, I should have waited before buying my daughter a set of Beats earphones... Do these EDCs come in pink? She tells me its all about the color, than sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back