Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 10, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #24,376 of 36,064

Agree wholeheartedly.
Could somebody please give me a set of K10* so that I can understand all the awards?
tongue_smile.gif

*(Katana or Encore also acceptable)
wink.gif

-If you are lucky it will be yours. I personally used close to a year with reading reviews and saving up. Then one day, custom K10's arrived. They are good. I have forgotten about the price. It is no issue. Only joy now.  However, when people ask what it is I have, it's just sad that people can't try them :) 

Trust the reviews!

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #24,377 of 36,064
There are places where you can demo the universal ones. When i was in japan some time ago i dropped by one of the shops that just had an abnormal amount of high end earphones and headphones to try out and i spent a few days in there listening to everything that they offered. After my listening session the k10s were my favourite of them all and i just knew i had to get a pair. Currently waiting for them to be made now. I wouldnt say i forgot about the price ..... as spending that much on something isnt exactly something most people can do on a whim - but its one of those things you save up for knowing that you want it because you truly appreciate it and want it to use for some time to come. its kind of like saving up for a nice watch, or a nice suit set, or basically a nice anything where you plan to use it for a long time to come so the amortized price comes out to be much lower.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #24,378 of 36,064
I think price point should always be considered. You can compare them, but it is not a fair comparison. If they were designed to compete at the same level, they would be priced accordingly. That's not to say that higher price always means better performance. But a cheaper product can be expected to be outperformed by a more expensive product while still being exceptional for it's price point.

Well, yes, I agree that price points should be considered, if we're talking about a general spectrum of IEM price points. However, at the flagship, $1,000+ level IMO, variances in objective performance between competing models start to get awfully close to one another. I have found that most company's flagships tend to excel in certain areas, whilst yielding absolute superiority in other technical aspects. There is no 1 IEM that stands above the heap. Hence, one of my all-time favorites, the K10, may not be the top-dog in objective prowess, but it sounds a lot better to my ears than higher priced models. That's why I feel things get a lot more subjective the nearer to the summit we climb. 
smile.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #24,380 of 36,064
If the reshell process is anything like the normal process which I'd assume it is, the 6-8 week wait time for me began when the I got the email saying they'd started manufacturing. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #24,383 of 36,064
Nobles with sexy cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back