Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 1, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #23,870 of 36,116
I'm 5 weeks in. It gets somewhat better....ish. I'm so excited to pair it with my mojo.

Cheers mate 
beerchug.gif
, I am also 5 weeks in. THAT MEANS that there is a chance it will be finished somewhat next week :D... ( 6-8 weeks fabrication time)

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #23,873 of 36,116
  Can you guys recommend portable amps? And talk a bit about how they change the audio and your opinions of having a portable amp over not having one?

Just got a Mojo and am currently waiting for my Encores.  I'm using it with a Night Hawk and Th-900.  Technically it isn't an amp, but it's a DAC that has enough power not to need an amp for IEMs.  It brings incredible clarity and musicality.  It is like night and day for me relative to my phone, and these are low impedance headphones. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #23,875 of 36,116
Just dropped off my impressions at the post office ...... now for the long wait ....

I dropped my impressions too yesterday, the wait is already killing me
tongue.gif

The wait is downright torture - but oh so worth it! I've just started The Wait, Part Deux myself:

Having the OG K10 and the Katana keeping my company is a bit of a double-edged sword (Katana pun not applicable). On the one hand, I've already got beautiful craftmanship and amazing sound. On the other hand, I know exactly how mind-blowingly amazing it's going to be when the new puppies arrive... So I've got something to distract me from The Wait, but The Wait itself just gets even harder.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #23,876 of 36,116
The wait is downright torture - but oh so worth it! I've just started The Wait, Part Deux myself:

Having the OG K10 and the Katana keeping my company is a bit of a double-edged sword (Katana pun intended). On the one hand, I've already got beautiful craftmanship and amazing sound. On the other hand, I know exactly how mind-blowingly amazing it's going to be when the new puppies arrive... So I've got something to distract me from The Wait, but The Wait itself just gets even harder.

But a Katana only has a blade on one side! :p

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #23,877 of 36,116

Having the OG K10 and the Katana keeping my company is a bit of a double-edged sword (Katana pun intended). On the one hand, I've already got beautiful craftmanship and amazing sound. On the other hand, I know exactly how mind-blowingly amazing it's going to be when the new puppies arrive... So I've got something to distract me from The Wait, but The Wait itself just gets even harder.

But a Katana only has a blade on one side! :p

There are some modern made Katanas that have a cutting edge on the top of the blade.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #23,878 of 36,116
There are some modern made Katanas that have a cutting edge on the top of the blade.

Pft, they aren't proper katanas they are just curved swords styled like a katana. If you look up katanas the definition is quite specific.

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #23,879 of 36,116
Can you guys recommend portable amps? And talk a bit about how they change the audio and your opinions of having a portable amp over not having one?

In general, amps provide more power than phones or other weaker sources, which can improve musicality, soundstage (height, width, and depth), separation, and imaging. Basically the only downside is you have to have another box to worry about...which isn't too bad! Well worth it.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #23,880 of 36,116
Just had my ear impressions done with Giselle in Aid2Hearing in London. Really great service and would highly recommend! First time I had ear impressions done and found that I couldn't use the bite block (as I have a really strong gag reflex) so just had to use it to estimate how wide to keep my jaws open and try not to move. Giselle proclaimed herself really happy with them. I have medium sized ears apparently but no sharp bends in the inner ear or anything, so should be fine. The impressions are now winging their way towards Brannan I presume, so the long wait starts now...

Dithered between the blue carbon glass prestige but decided to go with a reprint of these guys in K10E flavour instead:

Definitely my favourite design that I've seen so far!

Now to distract myself for the next 3 months somehow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back