Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 30, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #22,261 of 36,115
I concur 100%. I also have all 3 of them, and although the Savant is nowhere near the K10 and Katana technically, but the smoothness and listening experience is unique and I have no intention to abandon the Savant!

Try this version on the Katana 
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #22,263 of 36,115
Same here! As much as I'm enjoying the K10U, there's still that tiny voice in the back of my head whispering "what if?"

Fortunately the Singapore event is several months away.  I'm excited, it's going to be my first audio event and I'm gonna save some cash for the Katanas or whatever Noble has in store for 2017 :D

Very clever the way Noble have managed to release a new totl without making the K10 redundant.
The K10 could have become a bit of a roadblock.
A fine example of Zigging where others Zag!

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #22,264 of 36,115
Folks, those of you who have the Noble BTS module, have any of you ever had an issue with it pairing, staying connected etc? Mine has started introducing hiccups to the stream every 15 seconds or so. It does this with both; my mac and phone (iPhone). I feel bad because this is a second module from noble as the first one skipped songs and had other similar issues... as for the music it outputs, I'm loving it!

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #22,265 of 36,115
Folks, those of you who have the Noble BTS module, have any of you ever had an issue with it pairing, staying connected etc? Mine has started introducing hiccups to the stream every 15 seconds or so. It does this with both; my mac and phone (iPhone). I feel bad because this is a second module from noble as the first one skipped songs and had other similar issues... as for the music it outputs, I'm loving it!

Most sources made from milled aluminium have had poorer connection results.  My Sony (phone/plasitc housing) I can get plenty far from, but my I Pad doesn't get as good as range as the Sony.  

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 30, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #22,268 of 36,115
I am about to finish my full impression on the Noble Trident. Brace yourselves guys...for this might not really be what the Trident owners want to hear, but as a music lover I really don't wanna lie about my impression and be as honest as possible.

So please take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #22,269 of 36,115
Well...I am finally back guys.

Here's my thorough impressions of the Noble line ups I've tested. Everyone of them are tested with my friend's Dita Answer L sized silicone tips as they gave the best seal to my ears.

The source I use are Fiio X1 + E12A Mont Blanc Amplifier for IEMs. The amplifier is set on my usual Low Gain setting with Bass Boost turned on.

The build quality of every single demo unit I got my hands on were as immaculate as they are in my mind.

Perfect 10/10 for them. If I bought these by any chance in future, I would have no worries about them being cracked easily like eggshells like many other cheapos out there I once owned. These things are built to last, like Campfire Audio and Mee Audio's quality IEMs.

Noble Trident

Well well, the first of my priority happens to be...sadly, the biggest disappointment for my ears as I have such high expectations for them. Maybe this is me being unfair due to my own lofty expectations despite others' opinions since I really want to formulate my own after trying it first hand.

Well...this is what I get from Trident's not-so-good experience.

Clarity/Detail: There's definitely a fair bit of detail pick up from this pair of entry IEMs from Noble. I can hear some stuffs that I don't normally hear from plenty of tracks out of it. Compared to Mee Audio's P1 Pinnacle though, the P1 is able to trounce the Trident more as it's capable of far more realistic presentation of everything.

Of course, considering the difference of impedance between the two that's not exactly a fair comparison so I'll just leave it at that.

Trident gets a 7.5/10 in Clarity/Detail in my book. Pretty damn good for the starter line up.

P.S: Owners who are interested in this unit -- my advice is it's handy to have a portable amp along to drive these. Preferably at low gain since they're actually easy to drive, but will benefit with some extra juice pumped in.

Soundstage: It's decent for a BA driver IEM. Judging this as a triple driver however, I sort of expected them to be a bit more impressve and expanded. However, I cannot help but feel there's an odd sense of disorientation when I am playing fast tracks such as Slipknot's People = **** or (Sic). Maybe it has something to do with the odd placement of instruments. The imaging feels off sometimes on fast tracks, yet when I played slower songs like Lenka's Like a Song or Trouble is a Friend it was a lot better.

Soundstage on Trident gets a 6.5/10 in my impression. Great effort but I think could be done a bit better.

Bass

It has a decent amount of body and quantity with a bit of punch together. It's one of the better bass IEM to my ears, and definitely much better than my stupidly boomy XB50AP. 

Playing Metallica live records were a bliss with this unit since I can easily pinpoint Robert Trujillo's bass tuning thanks to its well-controlled lows.

Trident's Bass is an awesome 8.5/10.

This unit doesn't fool around with the bass. Rock Instrumental lovers will enjoy it. Listening to Metallica's Orion track was quite a fun experience.

Mids

Welp...Trident tried to be intimate with the mids but sadly it...didn't do so well to my ears. Listening to Adele and Lenka was a mixed bag for me, even on male vocals like Ray Charles and Andrea Bocelli or even Il Divo.

The mids were recessed a bit due to the V-shape nature of the Trident. As a result it sounds veiled. Vocals tried to express themselves through my ears but can't quite get there to reach out to me, which is a shame since despite being recessed, they still convey plenty of emotions enough for me to get a faint grasp on!

Truly a shame for this IEM to be V-shape. The mids were actually really damn promising! D:

Trident's mids get a 6/10 for my ears.It tried but just can't reach there like its bigger brothers.

Treble

Arrrgghh!

That FORSLUGGINA ARCHLLES' HEEL of this promising unit!!!! 

I am going to be outright frank, the treble is the biggest weakness of this unit. It's just far too harsh for my ears. Listening to Adele's tracks, I never once skipped before in my life. And yet Trident was able to force me to not listen to Cold Shoulders before she even finish the chorus lines. That never once occurred even though I blame the studio for not putting a damn pop filter to Adele's mic before recording.

I always thought I could endure the sibilance when everything else is pretty good. But not this one. The sibilance and harshness of the treble is just all over the place that I find it difficult to finish a song that has some of it. The harsh treble made a lot of my songs hard to listen to due to the piercing "SSS" sounds.

Truly the biggest disappointment of this unit. I sincerely hope Trident gets a re-tune in future like a V2 or something or when they make another entry IEM for Noble, the team will address to this harsh treble weakness.

I know some prefer a bit of harshness in their listening session but my sensitive ears just couldn't take it. I am sorry.

Treble of the Trident gets a 4/10 in my book.

I won't rate it lower than that because despite the harshness, the cymbals sounded very good surprisingly. Lars Ulrich might've purposely tuned his drum set to sound good through all sorts of recordings regardless of quality. Hell, even Joey Jordinson's cymbal hits were quite delicious sounding despite this weakness on the Trident.

Conclusion

I want to like the Trident. I really, really want to. But sadly the treble of this unit just crippled it completely from earning my favor.

If it wasn't for the troubled treble and harshness of the Trident it would've been a really, REALLY good triple-driver IEM for me. The mids might be recessed but the detail retrieval ability on the vocals are actually slightly on par with the Shure SE535 which is a mid-centric IEM!

If the mids were a bit more forward I am sure the Trident will trade blows with the SE535 and considering the price between the two Trident could very well win a lot of listeners who are on a tighter budget.

Sadly the treble killed this unit for me. =(

However, the bass for this thing is beyond its price bracket. It's truly a powerful bass-powerhouse because the bass produced here is every bit as well controlled and punchy as the Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 which I consider to be the next king of IEMs on the price that won't exceed 250 bucks.

Those who love V-shape sound signature will definitely love this unit if they can look past the harsh treble of the Trident.

I will post my full impression on the Savannah next time. Thanks for reading, guys.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #22,270 of 36,115
Very clever the way Noble have managed to release a new totl without making the K10 redundant.
The K10 could have become a bit of a roadblock.
A fine example of Zigging where others Zag!

Well...I am finally back guys.

Here's my thorough impressions of the Noble line ups I've tested. Everyone of them are tested with my friend's Dita Answer L sized silicone tips as they gave the best seal to my ears.

I will post my full impression on the Savannah next time. Thanks for reading, guys.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 30, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #22,271 of 36,115

Hope you don't mind me being slightly critical to the unit lol. I am just trying to be honest with my impressions. Anyway, I will put more soon.

There's still the Savannah, Savant, Dulce Bass, Django, K10U and of course, the biggest star of my Noble impression, the Katana...

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #22,272 of 36,115

Hope you don't mind me being slightly critical to the unit lol. I am just trying to be honest with my impressions. Anyway, I will put more soon.

There's still the Savannah, Savant, Dulce Bass, Django, K10U and of course, the biggest star of my Noble impression, the Katana...

Go right ahead, I don't think you have an agenda, and I've never gotten that impression. Your just a guy that is careful with his purchases, nothing wrong with that.

The Trident is our BMW 318, and I drive an M, and if I owned a Mercedes, I'd own an AMG.  I don't know of any company that has perfected low end....    low end anything.  

There is even price points in paper clips, clothes hangers. and toilet paper.

That is just the reality of life/business/capitalism

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #22,273 of 36,115

Go right ahead, I don't think you have an agenda, and I've never gotten that impression. Your just a guy that is careful with his purchases, nothing wrong with that.

The Trident is our BMW 318, and I drive an M, and if I owned a Mercedes, I'd own an AMG.  I don't know of any company that has perfected low end....    low end anything.  

There is even price points in paper clips, clothes hangers. and toilet paper.

That is just the reality of life/business/capitalism

Thanks lol. I really hope people won't try to bite me for being honest :D

Anyway, I've decided that I will prepare Savannah's impression soon. 

Incoming text of walls~

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #22,274 of 36,115

Noble Savannah Impression

Well, as usual, the impression is done with Dita Answer L sized silicone tips with Fiio X1 + E12A at Low Gain + Bass Boost on.

The Savannah is interesting to say the least, because it actually shared a bit of similarity in sound signature compared to the not-so-good Trident. Yet it managed to sound more pleasant to my ears at some parts! I noticed something wasn't right since many told me that Savannah is V-shaped like Trident, where I expect it to be bad on the treble again, yet...something isn't right. I'll go right on and explain bit by bit here.

Clarity/Detail

This might come as a surprise, but Savannah is actually just as detailed as the Trident. But wait! There's more!

The acoustic guitar strings reproduced by this little gem is actually SHOCKINGLY organic! It's so addicting that I found myself jamming to Spanish Guitars more than anything else in my demo! It's definitely one of the highlight performance of the Savannah to my ears. It's so addicting that listening to Ace Combat Zero's Near the Border was nothing short of mind-boggling. 

The level of clarity on instruments was really good, but guitars seriously sound nothing short of accurate and soulful. I absolutely enjoyed the guitars with this, especially acoustic guitars.

8/10 for clarity and detail. Acoustic lovers will fall in love with the Savannah.

Soundstage

For a quad driver, the soundstage on this unit is pretty damn convincing to my ears. While it's not extremely expansive and holographic 3D like other expensive IEMs/CIEMs. Compared to the Trident, the soundstage here is actually more realistic. Listening to Metallica live records were a fun experience. I feel like part of the crowd when they were cheering for the band.

A solid 7.5/10 for soundstage. Impressive indeed.

Bass

The bass is punchy, has a fine amount of body, and is fast without too fast a decay. Very impressive considering this is from the second cheapest unit from Noble. I really enjoy the double-bass from Joey Jordinson's performance thanks to this. Fast, powerful and sharp enough without too much unnecessary rumble because when a song is meant to be fast-paced, having any prolonged bass rumble will only slow the enjoyment down because it felt like something is delayed or couldn't catch up with the rest of the song.

Nu Metal and heavy metal lovers will enjoy this type of bass I am pretty sure. Especially those that like fast songs.

A superb 9/10 for bass. Nice.

Mids

Again, it felt slightly recessed but compared to Trident, these were actually a bit more forward and that's a good thing. Why? Because the mids were just as great quality as the Trident. And since it's brought to a bit further now, vocals are actually a lot more enjoyable here! 

Adele's voice is much more brought to my ears thanks to this, and the emotion she tries to convey through Hello became more effective.

Lenka's cheery voice that has tremendous air to her vocal feel rejuvenating.

Instruments are well presented and there's a lot of emotion shown here despite being slightly recessed still, but to a much lesser extent than Trident.

Overall, the mids earned a very good 7.5/10 for me. If the mids were brought to a bit more forward position though, this could have potential of netting even a 9/10!

Treble

Again, this is the less impressive part of the Savannah. But unlike the ear-piercing treble on Trident, Savannah is a lot more forgiving. While it's still quite harsh and sibilant in all honesty, it's not as bad as Trident. I sensed a very noticeable smoothness on this frequency despite still being a bit much for my sensitive ears. And to me, that's a very good effort in ironing out the sharpness and harshness of the treble.

Listening to OMAM's Little Talks, I am actually very surprised that the treble is rather well-controlled even though the recording itself has quite a bit of sibilance.

Once I clicked on Cold Shoulders again by Adele, it's still very much to the zone of being intolerable, but again, not as bad as Trident, and is actually a bit more forgiving. It did its best to balance out the harshness but still noticeable. 

Well, this is what happens when your producer can't afford pop filters for your voice, Adele. Dang it... =(

Anyway, 6.5/10 for treble. This is pretty impressive, considering how bad the treble on Trident was for me. Big improvement here.

Conclusion

This is an impressive improvement. Really.

I am very satisfied at trying the Savannah due to it being a much smoother version of Trident with really, really, REALLY good acoustic instrument reproduction performance!

Those who love to listen to Spanish guitars, take note...I assure you will love this gem. The guitars play so well in this unit that I couldn't stretch this enough.

It's hardly V-shaped compared to Trident, but holy hell is it smooth compared to the smaller brother! And I really like it because of that.

Sadly it's out of my price bracket at the moment so until I got my wallet filled again in future, maybe I'll consider this unit...

...or I could settle in for the extreme buttery smoothness that is the SAVANT...which I will cover tomorrow.

Thanks for reading again, guys. Hope my impression is of some help at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back