Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 29, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #20,836 of 36,066
Ok. Just bought a set of Noble 3's.....and I would love to try them out but I can't get the tips on!!! Is there a trick I'm missing? This is the Blue tips I'm speaking about. Come to think of it, what is the difference between the colours? Which ones should I be using?

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #20,837 of 36,066
  Ok. Just bought a set of Noble 3's.....and I would love to try them out but I can't get the tips on!!! Is there a trick I'm missing? This is the Blue tips I'm speaking about. Come to think of it, what is the difference between the colours? Which ones should I be using?

Blue tips are tricky to get on at first because the tip shaft is smaller in diameter than the nozzle on the Noble 3. To make it easier for me I normally squeeze the top of the eartip until the shaft is a slightly oval shape which opens the bottom of the tip a bit more which it makes easier for me to get on.

The difference between red and blue is the stiffness of the sillicone and the size of the tips which are a few millimeters difference between small, medium and large then the blue. The Blue medium tips are my favourite out of the two colors, but at the moment I'm running black Bowers and Wilkins C5 Medium ear tips on my Noble 4. Perfect fit.

In terms of what tips you should use, really that depends on what you find comfortable. The red ones to me are too stiff while the blue ones are excellent though a tiny bit too large for extended comfort.

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #20,838 of 36,066

Blues are a pain to get on, it's really just patience and time to get them on. I ended up getting spin fits and using them over the stock Noble tips. Relatively easy to get on, and provided the best seal and comfort.

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #20,839 of 36,066
I have a pair of K10UA's.  I loved them in the store but since getting them home I have struggled trying to get tips that work well with them.  The large Noble red tips worked in the store, I am now back and forth between JVC and Spinfit, and still not completely satisfied.  I ordered a pair of custom tips through Null Audio in Singapore, which I am waiting on arriving.  I'm hoping that does the trick, but given the trouble I've had I'm not too optimistic.

In the meantime, I tried on the tips I had for my Bose QC20's.  They are the Bose StayHear tips.  I used to travel a lot and they were the headphones I used on flights.  They don't get used so much now, and I forgot about them.  Wow, I mean WOW!  They are supremely comfortable, and sound really good too.  They fit easily on the K10 nozzle.  I thought they might be a little loose, but so far no problem at all.  Sound signature changes with the different sizes, but for me the Large sound grea, and are really, really comfortable.

If anyone is struggling to get suitable tips for Noble, or for other iem's with 6.5mm nozzles, check out Bose StayHear tips.

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #20,842 of 36,066
Greetings,

There is an unusual IEM's design in your lookbook:

According to "Details" this is a "Mystic Swirl" personal design, but it's blue instead of purple. I really enjoy the look of the blue swirl and wonder it's still possible to buy K10 with this design? And if it is possible, will that count as the Wizard reprint or as a personal design?

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #20,843 of 36,066
I really dig the trippy space zebra design. Is it possible to get similar look through wizard design?

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #20,845 of 36,066
Wait times for ciems usually go up during promotional offerings (logical)
Build times are normally 6 to 8 weeks for ciems and more than likely the time will be extended, by how much is yet to be determined.

I think its pretty much accepted, ciems offer a stronger bass response due to their issolation/fit, im not sure if that means a better sound quality, as that is subjective

I use universals myself, lifestyle choice

Which Universals do you use ?

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #20,848 of 36,066
  Greetings,

There is an unusual IEM's design in your lookbook:

According to "Details" this is a "Mystic Swirl" personal design, but it's blue instead of purple. I really enjoy the look of the blue swirl and wonder it's still possible to buy K10 with this design? And if it is possible, will that count as the Wizard reprint or as a personal design?

Please email us directly at contact@nobleaudio.com so we can discuss how we can achieve your desired look.

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #20,850 of 36,066

Ah yes, the Kangaroo.

So that's what you're calling the new, super secret 20 driver flagship... Nice 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back