Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 18, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #18,188 of 36,065
  Back at 15! Let's see if it gets to 20 in the end..

Man I so wish I could join this drop as they are back to 15 and only need one more to get that <$700 price but at this time I just can't pull it off, sorry guys
redface.gif
Looks like there are only 17 hours left!

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #18,190 of 36,065
"Note: This drop is limited to 20 units"

Well it's only at 15 right now, my comment was about who would be # 16 to drive that price down to the $689.99 price which everyone in the drop will get if # 16 steps up to the plate! Unfortunately that won't be me at this time but surely someone in the Noble thread here can get one more on board
wink_face.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #18,191 of 36,065

Well it's only at 15 right now, my comment was about who would be # 16 to drive that price down to the $689.99 price which everyone in the drop will get if # 16 steps up to the plate! Unfortunately that won't be me at this time but surely someone in the Noble thread here can get one more on board
wink_face.gif

I'm tempted by this.  I have been going back and forth on the Noble 10u and the Adel u12 (just based on reviews... I haven't been able to listen to any of them yet, unfortunately).  But the price point for this drop is very attractive.  Perhaps this would be a good starting point?  I'm coming from some Mad Dogs which I have found to be a bit too linear for my preferences and would prefer IEMs at this point.  My main use case is for listening while working in an office.

I have only been able to find a few reviews on the Noble 6, making the decision more difficult.  Does anyone have personal experience with the Noble 6 _and_ either the 10u or u12?  I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts on the differences.

For reference, I currently have a Schiit Magni/Modi pair, but was already leaning towards stepping up to a Mojo.  I enjoy listening to a variety of things including classical, folk, classic rock, indie rock, etc.  I tend to enjoy a broad sound stage and crisp vocals.  I prefer bass that is tight and controlled (not boomy).  On the treble, I certainly want it present, but too forward of a presentation tends to bother my ears.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #18,192 of 36,065
I have the K10U, and have listened to the N6 in the past; I'm also receiving my U12 today, actually. I might post my impressions when I give them a listen.

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #18,193 of 36,065

I'm tempted by this.  I have been going back and forth on the Noble 10u and the Adel u12 (just based on reviews... I haven't been able to listen to any of them yet, unfortunately).  But the price point for this drop is very attractive.  Perhaps this would be a good starting point?  I'm coming from some Mad Dogs which I have found to be a bit too linear for my preferences and would prefer IEMs at this point.  My main use case is for listening while working in an office.

I have only been able to find a few reviews on the Noble 6, making the decision more difficult.  Does anyone have personal experience with the Noble 6 _and_ either the 10u or u12?  I'd be very curious to hear your thoughts on the differences.

For reference, I currently have a Schiit Magni/Modi pair, but was already leaning towards stepping up to a Mojo.  I enjoy listening to a variety of things including classical, folk, classic rock, indie rock, etc.  I tend to enjoy a broad sound stage and crisp vocals.  I prefer bass that is tight and controlled (not boomy).  On the treble, I certainly want it present, but too forward of a presentation tends to bother my ears.

Thanks!

Never heard anyone describe those as linear....

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #18,194 of 36,065

Thanks!

Zero listening of the Adel, but I have heard the K10U, I have the K10 customs and I gave the 6 a run in Nov. The K10 is the top dog for a reason in the Noble line, its just so much fun to listen to and thats what I like. The 6 at this price, great buy right now, but if you really want the best in their line, thats the K10, as always YMMV. If the budget allows it, K10 all day long IMHO.

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #18,195 of 36,065
  Never heard anyone describe those as linear....

Interesting.  Perhaps this is more of my limited experience and vocabulary in such things.  I brought them into a store recently and did some back to back comparisons with the Mad Dogs, the LCD-XC, and the EL-8 Closed back.  Linear was the first thing that came to my mind when thinking about how the Mad Dogs compared.  Perhaps neutral would be a better description?  I rather enjoyed the sound of the LCD-XC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back