Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 18, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #18,196 of 36,040
Couldn't help it....... couldn't wait. So I hooked up my player and twisted, pulled and wriggled the custom k10's I received from Duxr in England. Sure I had a little discomfort and had to hold them in to get any bass, but WOW!!!

Rebecca Pidgeon's Spanish Harlem ~ Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here ~ Miles Davis' So What ~ Dire Straits Love Over Gold ~ Ed Sheeran ~ Alan Parsons ~ Bob Marley ~ Led Zeppelin ~ Peter Gabriel ~ Talking Heads ~ Beethoven ~ Mozart ~ Stevie Wonder etc. etc.

The highs, the mids the present but never boomy bass! The soundstage, presence, seperation, tonal quality.

Wow, just wow, I was floored and completely mesmerized. Then it just became too uncomfortable and alas I had to remove them.

I can't imagine how much difference there will be when I get them molded.

So little money so much music so little time!

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #18,198 of 36,040
Couldn't help it....... couldn't wait. So I hooked up my player and twisted, pulled and wriggled the custom k10's I received from Duxr in England. Sure I had a little discomfort and had to hold them in to get any bass, but WOW!!!

Rebecca Pidgeon's Spanish Harlem ~ Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here ~ Miles Davis' So What ~ Dire Straits Love Over Gold ~ Ed Sheeran ~ Alan Parsons ~ Bob Marley ~ Led Zeppelin ~ Peter Gabriel ~ Talking Heads ~ Beethoven ~ Mozart ~ Stevie Wonder etc. etc.

The highs, the mids the present but never boomy bass! The soundstage, presence, seperation, tonal quality.

Wow, just wow, I was floored and completely mesmerized. Then it just became too uncomfortable and alas I had to remove them.

I can't imagine how much difference there will be when I get them molded.

So little money so much music so little time!

Congrats on the phones!  I would have done the same thing, that is, squeezed someone elses customs into my ears just to try!! 

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #18,199 of 36,040
One of the pins broke off on the connector on my noble 3's :frowning2: Is it better to just buy a replacement cable from noble or go look into other aftermarket cables? Which ones would fit? Any recommendations? 

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #18,200 of 36,040
The only thing I'd change from the posters rig is swap the X5II for a DX80 then use that with Mojo. DX80 is smaller, touch screen, still has the dual card slots and you have coax and optical out. X5 units can be cumbersome slow navigating. In 2016 touchscreen are the way of the future.

Took your advice on this one and pulled the trigger on the Mojo.  I figured I would spring for a solid AMP first since I will be doing a lot of office/desk listening at first and I can use my PC as a DAP for now.  I am definitely leaning towards the DX80 as a DAP when the time comes to travel though.  Already started filling a couple 200 Gb cards :)

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #18,201 of 36,040
My very early impression is that the U12s are much airier than the K10. Interestingly, their bass presentations seem rather similar. Treble extension is a bit better, mids are less forward.

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #18,203 of 36,040
The Noble 6's defining characteristics, IMO, are its thick midrange and bass presence. It's a fun sounding IEM, but its soundstage falls short somewhat. Treble extension was also not quite enough for my taste, but it's still good for an IEM of its price range. The K10 offers a more accurate midrange, the U12 a more spacious soundstage.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #18,204 of 36,040
May I sneakily join in this thread? After trying out the SE846 and the N6, and then seeing the beautiful N6 deal on Mdrop...you can guess what happened next.  I like the Noble 6 - it's got slightly less levels of bass than the 846, but the higher frequency does nicely to lift it up.  It's also speedier, and while not exactly as fast as the ER4...comes close enough, in addition to bringing some nice bass.  

Overall, couldn't be happier right now.

EDIT: well, I didn't just try out the 846.  Also gave the UM Pro 50, W60 N5, N4, and some others a go.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #18,207 of 36,040
I decided to take the plunge and joined the drop.  Thanks to everyone for the help today.  Sounds like the Noble 6 is quite nice and the price was just too hard to pass up.  I'm looking forward to see how they pair with the Magni/Modi combo!  I'll report back once they arrive and I've had time to do some listening.

Feb 19, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #18,208 of 36,040
  I decided to take the plunge and joined the drop.  Thanks to everyone for the help today.  Sounds like the Noble 6 is quite nice and the price was just too hard to pass up.  I'm looking forward to see how they pair with the Magni/Modi combo!  I'll report back once they arrive and I've had time to do some listening.

Nice, did the same.  Yes, it is quite nice indeed.  Hoping that  
a) They ship soon.  
b) We don't get slapped with a huge import tax. 
tongue.gif

Look forward to maybe getting balanced cable for them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back