Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #17,131 of 36,042

Here I cut and paste from a Review of the Sony NZ2 DAP and my Sim Audio headphone amplifier amp manual. 

You asked the question "How many hours approximately for burning the K10's in?" and were given the answer "None"
I have reiterated that BA IEMs require no burn in.

You have gone completely off topic into burn in requirements for DAPs etc.
Why not just accept the answers you were given? You will find out soon enough when you receive your K10s.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #17,132 of 36,042
Thats it, after I win the lottery and I am a multi millionaire, everything I tell people on the internet will become true. 
popcorn.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #17,133 of 36,042
  You asked the question "How many hours approximately for burning the K10's in?" and were given the answer "None"
I have reiterated that BA IEMs require no burn in.

You have gone completely off topic into burn in requirements for DAPs etc.
Why not just accept the answers you were given? You will find out soon enough when you receive your K10s.

I wasn't discussing burn in on the K10's. It was a general comment on electronics based on the reply back. Please read more carefully.

None, burn in is a myth. 
popcorn.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #17,134 of 36,042
It's seems that it is generally accepted, no burn in on BA drivers, but burn in on daps, dacs, and even dd drivers. Two different topics.

ken6217 No reason to mock the person that enjoyed Walgreen headphones, that's his opinion. If he likes them, more power to him, and definitely more money in his wallet. I've had a number of TOTL IEMS, spending literally thousands, right now. I'm enjoying my Sony Xb90ex, sound is amazing, and only cost me $82. Does that make my opinion hold less weight? No. To each their own.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #17,135 of 36,042

I wasn't discussing burn in on the K10's. It was a general comment on electronics based on the reply back. Please read more carefully.

None, burn in is a myth. 
popcorn.gif

I've carefully read your reply and still cannot see why you went off topic.
"None, burn in is a myth." is something I am in full agreement with, when taken in the context of your question and the context of this thread. Should it be applied to the wider question of "life, the universe and everything", then... I guess the answer's still 42

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #17,136 of 36,042
Something that may help. To remove CIEMs quickly. Put your thumb under the bottom of the CIEM and lift. Should pop right out.

Yep. That's how I remove my CIEMs too. Still, it's more cumbersome to remove and insert CIEMs as opposed to universals, which are a lot easier to handle. It could be entirely psychological, since the difference should be minimal, but, oh well. My wife knows, when I'm listening to my CIEMs, I don't always answer her calls. There's IM for that. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #17,137 of 36,042
The only opinion is yours. They are obviously making the statements based on their own knowledge and experience. There would be no reason for some manufacturers and reviewers to add this to documentation. It would serve no purpose.

Anyway, it is pointless to continue going off tangent any longer on this thread. You only have to believe what you want and I only have to believe what I want to.

I am afraid I disagree with you here. There can be a purpose - it can, may and does lead people to believe that the stated phenomenon is real. It is an appeal to authority.

And, yes, we should stop this interminable discussion. A lot of us believe that the act of burning in BA drivers serves no purpose; it is just a myth. Nevertheless, it is fair game to you if you believe in its benefits. After all, it is a subjective concept. Should we end this debate on this note?

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #17,138 of 36,042
. Still, it's more cumbersome to remove and insert CIEMs as opposed to universals, which are a lot easier to handle. It could be entirely psychological, since the difference should be minimal, but, oh well. My wife knows, when I'm listening to my CIEMs, I don't always answer her calls. There's IM for that. :D

I guess the difference between CIEM and Uni is helix lock.
Careful when ignoring that wife of yours! :wink:

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #17,139 of 36,042
I guess the difference between CIEM and Uni is helix lock.
Careful when ignoring that wife of yours!
wink.gif

Oh, it's alright. My wife and I have a mutual understanding on this issue - when she's listening to her CIEMs, she texts me back, too. 
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #17,140 of 36,042
From another thread, this is how much I love my K10's. They are injured and going in for surgery.

I actually had a dream last night I had them back after 2 days. They just filled in the part that broke, it didn't look normal, but I didn't care. I just kept thinking how did they get back to me so fast. Something is wrong when you dream about your K10's, or something is really right.

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #17,141 of 36,042
Oh, it's alright. My wife and I have a mutual understanding on this issue - when she's listening to her CIEMs, she texts me back, too. :wink:  

#RelationshipGoals

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #17,142 of 36,042
Oh, it's alright. My wife and I have a mutual understanding on this issue - when she's listening to her CIEMs, she texts me back, too. :wink:  

Sounds like a very harmonious relationship. Long may it continue.

From another thread, this is how much I love my K10's. They are injured and going in for surgery.

I actually had a dream last night I had them back after 2 days. They just filled in the part that broke, it didn't look normal, but I didn't care. I just kept thinking how did they get back to me so fast. Something is wrong when you dream about your K10's, or something is really right.

I feel for you Wata. Here's hoping that they are back soon and that you love them more than ever.

Jan 8, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #17,143 of 36,042

I dreamnt about mine too last week, though I am still 8 weeks out from receiving them back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back