Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 3, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #14,266 of 36,048
  Anyone has an estimate on how long will the waiting time be if I order a pair of K10U right now? Just sent an email to Noble but I really need an estimate as quickly as possible.

2-3 months. Otherwise look for a reseller that has them in stock. Otherwise look in the FS thread (there have been a couple of second hand K10U's recently).

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #14,267 of 36,048
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg
  Anyone has an estimate on how long will the waiting time be if I order a pair of K10U right now? Just sent an email to Noble but I really need an estimate as quickly as possible.

Also, you can try your luck in the forum:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/773751/sold-noble-audio-k10u

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #14,268 of 36,048
K10u still has to be hand made that is why and so they make it to order

The shells are injection molded.   But we hand finish the shells, seal the face plate to the shell, sand down the joint, making the product seamless.  We then apply cosmetic grade glitter to the shell, and lacquer the shell (final step)

Overall, the process requires a lot of time. 

I think the point he is trying to make is that you are unable to order them on Nobles website at the moment. It was the same situation for a month (maybe longer) before the Wizards birthday sale. Supply never quite meets demand with K10U and I think they do that to help catch up sometimes. Unless you don't mind waiting at least three months, 'near new' second-hand might be a good option...

A couple of reasons why we are back ordered.

1 - The demand
2 - the large amount of time required to build the k10
3 - Dealers/Distributors purchase lare quantities of product, so the production is dedicated to filling their orders.  (first come first serve)

If someone is looking for a New K10, it may be a good idea to go to our dealer page, contact one of our dealers and see if they have a K10 U in stock.   http://nobleaudio.com/en/about/dealers/

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 3, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #14,269 of 36,048
Just spent the last few days catching up on 3-4 months worth of posts, most of which were Watagumps!!

Wanting to upgrade from my Fiio x1. I've been looking at the AK Jr and x5 mkii, any one have any experience with both and a set of K10?

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #14,270 of 36,048
Just spent the last few days catching up on 3-4 months worth of posts, most of which were Watagumps!!

Wanting to upgrade from my Fiio x1. I've been looking at the AK Jr and x5 mkii, any one have any experience with both and a set of K10?

Thanks.

Hello everyone I am new here this is my first post. Hoping to get to know all of you.

Sep 3, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #14,273 of 36,048

Thanks.

If you're looking at the price range, have you considered a DX90? They pair very well with a good many IEMs, including the K10.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #14,275 of 36,048
If you're looking at the price range, have you considered a DX90? They pair very well with a good many IEMs, including the K10.
Agreed, I feel that the poster should step up a notch on the DAP front, no real point in having one of the best IEMs out there, and then throttling it with a less than perfect source.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #14,276 of 36,048
Seems like k10u can't be ordered right now through Noble, only chance is through their authorized resellers for now.  I'll stay patient and keep an eye on things.  Thanks for the advice on the classified market but I don't have a habit of buying used IEM and I'd want the original warranty for the just in case.  Keep the impressions coming gents.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #14,277 of 36,048

I sold off my DX50 and T1 amp to fund the DX90 but never bought one in the end. Is it still a contender at its price range?

Grabbed the x1 to get me by. Was just curious as to what's about and any recommendations.

Thanks.

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #14,278 of 36,048
I sold off my DX50 and T1 amp to fund the DX90 but never bought one in the end. Is it still a contender at its price range?

Grabbed the x1 to get me by. Was just curious as to what's about and any recommendations.

Thanks.

I bought the DX90 to use when my K10's are finished. I have been using my Cowon for years. Now I wish I had the DX90 for testing back in May when I tried the K10 and others for the first time.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #14,279 of 36,048
Agreed, I feel that the poster should step up a notch on the DAP front, no real point in having one of the best IEMs out there, and then throttling it with a less than perfect source.
Spending more on a new DAP because you have already spent a lot on headphones? I can't agree with that advice. K10s are very efficient and easy to drive. As long as a source is gapless with low noise floor and good channel balance I think you would find it very hard to tell the difference between it and a more expensive one when driving IEMs.

Sep 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #14,280 of 36,048
Spending more on a new DAP because you have already spent a lot on headphones? I can't agree with that advice. K10s are very efficient and easy to drive. As long as a source is gapless with low noise floor and good channel balance I think you would find it very hard to tell the difference between it and a more expensive one when driving IEMs.

I spent a lot of time at CanJam comparing a Chord Hugo/AK player with an iPhone. With myK10's. No difference that I could tell. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back