Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 30, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #12,346 of 36,066
  Basically, to answer your question, the K10 is between the Roxanne and Layla, but much closer to the Layla.

After only a couple of hours I am starting to think that Savant squeezes in between Roxanne and K10 too 
cool.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #12,347 of 36,066
  There isn't much out there, if not anything that can provide the isolation that the ER4 does. (in fact the tripple flange ear tip s patented as well) 

That's only because it's inserted so deep that it touches one's brain.

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #12,351 of 36,066
Ordered the savant yesterday but asked a friend to order it for me so my wife doesn't find out...I kinda feel like i'm in a spy movie or something
biggrin.gif

Can you say "Playing with fire"?
wink_face.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #12,352 of 36,066
Hmm, which is worse, caught cheating or caught getting a prestige kaiser? 

I have a policy which serves me well. I don't do anything that could not be justified to my wife after a long conversation. Then I just don't bother with the conversation. :wink:

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #12,354 of 36,066
  Do not get married, EVERY problem solved.

Way too late with this advice!

I have a policy which serves me well. I don't do anything that could not be justified to my wife after a long conversation. Then I just don't bother with the conversation.
wink.gif

You have shown me the error of my ways!

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #12,355 of 36,066
Jun 30, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #12,356 of 36,066

@yancem, I would concur with John.  The Savant should be the one you are looking at.  The 4C comes second.  The 4 comes third.

Lol, I asked this as well... and was given the same answer... which makes me a little sad

Ahem, I believe there is an entry in the Head-Fi Gift Guide as well?  
redface.gif

The Savant doesn't have that massively expansive soundstage that the HD 800 has.  It's also an IEM, as opposed to a full-sized headphone.  And it's easier to drive.

Hmm... I don't have a 4C so I'll take your word for that.  I definitely think that the Savant is closer to the HD 800 than a 4U.

Right?  
smile.gif

And don't you go thinking that you need to address that issue y'hear?  
wink.gif

Yeah, I was disappointed to hear that the Savant can only comes in custom in the prestige styles.  I mean the prestige styles are crazy cool but it triples to quadruples the price instead of the normal custom which only adds 50-100% depending on your design.  I currently have a pair of 4.As and I can't imaging going back to universals but I also can't imagine spending $1700-$2100 on headphones when I still really like my 4.As.  Oh well, I guess for now I will have to be content with what I have.

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #12,357 of 36,066
Yeah, I agree the pricing on the prestige customs makes it simply unavailable to almost everyone. The designs are beautiful, but hard to justify for no improvement in sound. Is there any plan to reduce the pricing?

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #12,358 of 36,066

Yeah, I was disappointed to hear that the Savant can only comes in custom in the prestige styles.  I mean the prestige styles are crazy cool but it triples to quadruples the price instead of the normal custom which only adds 50-100% depending on your design.  I currently have a pair of 4.As and I can't imaging going back to universals but I also can't imagine spending $1700-$2100 on headphones when I still really like my 4.As.  Oh well, I guess for now I will have to be content with what I have.

Another way to look at it is, a Prestige Savant is the same price as a custom K10. Of course the K10 can cost more, but base its the same.

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #12,360 of 36,066

It would be about twice the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back