Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 30, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #12,361 of 36,095
Yeah, I agree the pricing on the prestige customs makes it simply unavailable to almost everyone. The designs are beautiful, but hard to justify for no improvement in sound. Is there any plan to reduce the pricing?

You're not paying for an improvement in sound.  You're paying for opulence :p It's just in this case, there's no middle ground.  If the point is to hide the internals, I would imagine regular customs could be offered with only opaque acrylics.  However, we don't know if that's the only reason for only doing Prestige customs for the Savant.  At the end of the day, it's their choice what they offer and how much they offer it for.  

Jun 30, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #12,362 of 36,095

You're not paying for an improvement in sound.  You're paying for opulence :p It's just in this case, there's no middle ground.  If the point is to hide the internals, I would imagine regular customs could be offered with only opaque acrylics.  However, we don't know if that's the only reason for only doing Prestige customs for the Savant.  At the end of the day, it's their choice what they offer and how much they offer it for.  

Thats a really good point I never thought of. If someone ordered a set they can see into, they would know what the Savant has. Thats some uber trickiness from Noble if they did think of that.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #12,363 of 36,095
Grrrr I give up.
Can anyone find me the pictures of light smoke, almost transparent K10s? I've been searching for quite a while now, can't find it.

Edit: Found it. Page 750 for further reference.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #12,365 of 36,095

I would guess that another reason is that Noble already has a full line up of standard ciems (if you can call them that) with larger order numbers, whereas they can, firstly, manufacture the Savants as a universal for the price point they're asking (relatively low), and many fewer Prestige's are made, so they can more readily fit Savants into that mfg. process.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #12,366 of 36,095

I get that the prestige is expensive for a reason.  I have no idea how they make them but they are very impressive.  The challenge is that for this particular model (Savant) there is a really big difference in price between the universal and the prestige.  Most (all?) of the other models come with the in between simple custom model.  You're correct that in the end that it is their choice what they offer and how much they offer it for but in the end, it is also up to the customers to decide how much they will pay for a certain product.  In my case, I have no interest in going back to universals but don't have the extra disposable income to justify the cost of the prestige.  I'm not sure if I'm truly in the market for new ciems (I really like my 4.As) so they shouldn't make the customs on my account but I have to wonder if there isn't s decent market for custom (non prestige) Savants.  That is for Noble to decide.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #12,367 of 36,095
In the last two days, I received a review unit from Noble and from iBasso. What's interesting is that The Wizard actually created what I considered to be my first good IEM, and my first ever amplifier of any kind was actually from iBasso. Some things never change and I'm happy to see how these companies have grown and changed through the past few years 
etysmile.gif
. One could say perhaps my portable setup has come in a "fullcircle"? (ok sorry...)

Also if the first picture is not allowed for... a somewhat obvious reason.. feel free to tell me.

2012                                                             2015

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #12,369 of 36,095
Brannan, John, I got a 'simple' question which would help my decision process about the Savant tomorrow:

I'm in no rush of getting it, and like you guys said, the Savant is now in at least 6 weeks back order (Gisele Flower also said that).

Since Noble Audio will be at the London CanJam, will there be the opportunity there to buy a Savant UF on the spot?
I mean roughly +/- I'd get the Savant at the same time either way if I go via Aid2Hearing/Gisele or directly at the CanJam.

Like I said, I'm in no rush to get it (got the EarWerkz Omega comin this week probably).
Can I expect a promo/deal on Univ Fit at the CanJam or is it only for Custom orders?

Wisdom tells me I should wait for CanJam so I get to audition it beforehand, see if it complements my Omega.

NB: for full disclosure and honesty, if I get the Savant it would probably mean I'd have to cancel my Cavalli LC preorder

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #12,370 of 36,095
  Brannan, John, I got a 'simple' question which would help my decision process about the Savant tomorrow:

I'm in no rush of getting it, and like you guys said, the Savant is now in at least 6 weeks back order (Gisele Flower also said that).

Since Noble Audio will be at the London CanJam, will there be the opportunity there to buy a Savant UF on the spot?
I mean roughly +/- I'd get the Savant at the same time either way if I go via Aid2Hearing/Gisele or directly at the CanJam.

Like I said, I'm in no rush to get it (got the EarWerkz Omega comin this week probably).
Can I expect a promo/deal on Univ Fit at the CanJam or is it only for Custom orders?

Wisdom tells me I should wait for CanJam so I get to audition it beforehand, see if it complements my Omega.

NB: for full disclosure and honesty, if I get the Savant it would probably mean I'd have to cancel my Cavalli LC preorder

Right now we do not know at what "capacity" we will be at the show at UK.  It may be through other companies that we have a comradery relationship with etc etc.   Also, I couldn't tell you if we will have enough units in stock to be able to sell at the show.....    essentially, my crystal ball doesn't go out that far.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 30, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #12,371 of 36,095

Right now we do not know at what "capacity" we will be at the show at UK.  It may be through other companies that we have a comradery relationship with etc etc.   Also, I couldn't tell you if we will have enough units in stock to be able to sell at the show.....    essentially, my crystal ball doesn't go out that far.

I appreciate the swift response. I'm inclined to finalize the details with Gisele then.
One last question: Is it possible to order a one-off Wizard designed Savant (like the one Søren got but my base design would go off the #3341 in the Lookbook), with the 15% promo and via Gisele tomorrow? Np with the wait times for batch shipping :wink:

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #12,372 of 36,095

Savant will be at CanJam to audition at least though?

Jun 30, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #12,374 of 36,095
I appreciate the swift response. I'm inclined to finalize the details with Gisele then.
One last question: Is it possible to order a one-off Wizard designed Savant (like the one Søren got but my base design would go off the #3341 in the Lookbook), with the 15% promo and via Gisele tomorrow? Np with the wait times for batch shipping :wink:

There will be three wizard savants offered during the sale, none of them are the bumble bee design. Due to our shipping routines, a special order wizard wait time would be very long, and the only way to avoid the wait would be to pay the shipping out of your own pocket....... And things would start to get ridiculously expensive really fast

The shipping obstacle, is one of the reasons we utilize a "what u see is what u get" style shopping experience with the wizard universals. Brannan is adjusting the website now, and the wizard savants may be up on the Noble site now, or within the near future.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back