Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 15, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #10,786 of 36,045
Savant universal pre-ordered!

May 15, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #10,787 of 36,045
That's exactly what's wrong nowadays... People tend to neglect other products because they don't have "the numbers" that the TOTLs do. But then again it does sound cooler when you can say "it's got 12 drivers! On each side!"
Curiosity can be a driving entity for marketing.

While I agree with what you're saying, (I have the se846) great sound with 4 drivers. I still think people who spend the money on the product should know what's going on in the inside. There's two sides to each coin. For a lot of people it's part of the hobby to understand what's going into the products they buy.

May 15, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #10,788 of 36,045

Right back at you.

We decided to do it again,

$1599 for prestige savant? I have lost all faith in you and Brannan as 'businessmen'
wink.gif

Space zebra is a real material o_o

May 15, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #10,791 of 36,045
While I agree with what you're saying, (I have the se846) great sound with 4 drivers. I still think people who spend the money on the product should know what's going on in the inside. There's two sides to each coin. For a lot of people it's part of the hobby to understand what's going into the products they buy.

Yes you're right. But at the end of the day the decision is still on the buyer's side. So the implementation of value is on him which won't necessarily be the same as people you've mentioned. It can possibly be just purely in sound or even just the brand!

Reminds me back in the days when I used to collect NBA basketball cards. "Just like a box of chocolates... You never know what you're gonna get!" But I still bought them...

May 16, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #10,793 of 36,045
As I have said before the lack of a standard custom might be due to the unwillingness to disclose the numner of drivers, which i actually see as a good thing. Of course it would be nice if it was offered in opaque standard cusom choices too :)

But basically apart from the K10, (and i've tried almost every other custom IEM from the bigger and not so big names, through the demos and force fitting of units when I have the chance), and the fitear 333, which is a 3 driver unit, every other BA iem i like is a 2 driver unit. They arent the last word in resolution and extension but theyre close.

its never about the number of drivers. Sure a single BA will be sorely lacking im extension, but from my experience, from 2 drivers onwards, its really about the tuning :)

People like to assume that more is better. I think the presence of so many high driver count iems which, despite their technical ability,often fail to sound too good, is proof that that isnt true. The more the number of drivers, the more complicated the crossovers, the more complicated the resonances within the sound tubes, the more complicated coherence issues you face.

Whatever the number of drivers. It is an art to tune them, and any number of drivers can be made to sound good.

May 16, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #10,794 of 36,045
As I have said before the lack of a standard custom might be due to the unwillingness to disclose the numner of drivers, which i actually see as a good thing. Of course it would be nice if it was offered in opaque standard cusom choices too
smily_headphones1.gif

But basically apart from the K10, (and i've tried almost every other custom IEM from the bigger and not so big names, through the demos and force fitting of units when I have the chance), and the fitear 333, which is a 3 driver unit, every other BA iem i like is a 2 driver unit. They arent the last word in resolution and extension but theyre close.

its never about the number of drivers. Sure a single BA will be sorely lacking im extension, but from my experience, from 2 drivers onwards, its really about the tuning
smily_headphones1.gif

People like to assume that more is better. I think the presence of so many high driver count iems which, despite their technical ability,often fail to sound too good, is proof that that isnt true. The more the number of drivers, the more complicated the crossovers, the more complicated the resonances within the sound tubes, the more complicated coherence issues you face.

Whatever the number of drivers. It is an art to tune them, and any number of drivers can be made to sound good.

I agree with you. Although for me it seems a trend that with more BAs the IEMs tend to have better separation which leads to better imaging a lot of the times (not always). And just because they separate instruments better does not mean they sound better either. So yes, I agree with you, it comes down to the tuning of the drivers in the end.

May 16, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #10,798 of 36,045

You've got to be kidding me.. No way! How'd they do it? :eek:

But yeah, the number of drivers is an entirely moot point. What's important is how well they sound, and you don't need a gazillion drivers to do that. If the Noble lineup is any indication, the Savant should be good, at the very least.

But still, Space Zebra? :ph34r:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back