Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 16, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #10,801 of 36,066
My friend is worried. I saw this at the Earwerkz thread.
So Heir used to make k10s? How do I find out who made his unit?

Not really sure you need to be worried.
Dr. Moulton, Brannan, and a significant number of the noble staff used to work at/run Heir audio before breaking off and starting Noble. The origin story is at the start of this thread I believe.  
That being said, Heir never made the K10. That is 100% a Noble Audio creation. They have their own 10 driver ceim called the "10.A". I think the last ciem that Dr. Moulton and team worked on at Heir was the 8.A.  

Also, Noble's current factory is located in china, because as the Dr. mentioned previously, most of his artists live there. 

May 16, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #10,802 of 36,066
Not really sure you need to be worried.
Dr. Moulton, Brannan, and a significant number of the noble staff used to work at/run Heir audio before breaking off and starting Noble. The origin story is at the start of this thread I believe.  
That being said, Heir never made the K10. That is 100% a Noble Audio creation. They have their own 10 driver ceim called the "10.A". I think the last ciem that Dr. Moulton and team worked on at Heir was the 8.A.  

Also, Noble's current factory is located in china, because as the Dr. mentioned previously, most of his artists live there. 

Haha thanks for explaining. I fugure it was like that but when suddenly i saw that comment several questions popped in our heads.

May 16, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #10,803 of 36,066
I would imagine the major stores that carry Noble such as e-ear and Fujiya would have Savant. For these initial units, the sig is on the right shell.
thanks I'll try to google map them. My sister will be in Tokyo on Sunday for about a week. Will see if she can find a store easily. Do you anticipate a rush/out of stock in the first days? Or is it already sold out? :p

Got until June 30th for International preorders and ships out in July so best bet is try to buy physically in Japan hah.

May 16, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #10,804 of 36,066
Hi everyone,

I have just received the universal Savant and these are some initial impressions. You can expect a full review coming along soon :)

The savant is, like all accounts thus far, a baby k10. Tonally it is very very close to the K10, but perhaps a tad less rich sounding. Technically there is a definite difference with the K10 on a higher level in separation, staging, and extension on both ends, but tonally they are very close.

I'm not quite sure if i might be hearing some plastic resonances, I'll have an update on that in a while, but basically, its a very balanced, pleasant sounding IEM, with a good level of detailing. At the universal price, it does perform pretty well. It doesnt wow the same way that the k10 does, but it is an endearing listen. Feel free to ask more questions and I will be happy to help :)

Despite its imperfections, If you want a noble product but dont want to spend too much, it is really good and sounds really good :)

May 16, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #10,808 of 36,066
Me, contemplating for the past 20min the new Prestige options, and the prospect of owning my own Prestige:

My short list:
#1 - Spalted Tamarind with Wizard swirl mix in a flamboyant ode to Nature, to its vibrant living colors: purple, intense green, turquoise, salmon sunset palette. Oh yeah that Savant Prestige show earlier was a start.
Spalted Tamarind isn't listed in the Wizard's wood options so this might not be possible, o well.

#2 - Pablo , Purple & Red. Loving the color palette.

#3 - Space Balls! Ehm I mean Space Zebra! Purple & Gold. when Warren posted a photo of the Orange black one it looked even better!

Honorable mention: Pine cone copper red. Wanted it initially but then it creeped me out a little, reminded me of scolopendriae, and then I thought that in public it might cause a scare. Someone might thing a bug is eating my ear and bleeding out :devil_face:

May 16, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #10,810 of 36,066
Great, I'll remember that.

I admit I chuckled when I saw that Savant release banner.

I thought the space zebra fabric was a vacuum shrinked futsac (called hackey sack
in English if I'm not mistaken).

The blue Pine cone option reminded me of those heavy demo stands for the Noble One, but the woodmen parts seemed like tree trunk slices.

Hmm not to pry but won't you have to mention some technical data onto the boxes of the UF Savants sold in stores, including driver counts? There's absolutely no shame in revealing that it has less drivers. You carefully explained it wasn't meant to take away the flagship status of the K10 nor substitute for it. It's also quite cheaper too. And if you look at the JHA theater, there seem to be an equal amount of persons preferring the Angie over the Layla. 8v12 and more than half the price. I'd even take pride if it's even less than the 5 mentioned by Wata. Means you tuned it well :wink:

May 16, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #10,811 of 36,066
May 16, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #10,813 of 36,066
I think the Savant, has been tuned to be more analytical than the K10. I can hear a definite peak in the higher region, not as much as say the HD800, but enough for those small details to pop out. 

May 16, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #10,815 of 36,066
The universals have screws. If someone really wanted to count the drivers they could just open it
tongue.gif

But who'd want to open up a perfectly good Noble product...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back