Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 15, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #9,046 of 36,066
  Folks.....

A simple observation

The K10 CIEM can really only be ordered individually, so distributor/dealer demand really has little impact on the availability of the CIEM K10. 

On the other hand, the K10 Universal can be ordered by bulk quantities.......  thus, dealer/distributor demand can make an impact, on availabilty

Could you please said what is expected producing time now for K10 custom? just make an order, want to understand better when to expect them. thank you!

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #9,048 of 36,066
As stated on the website, the current standard build time is 6-8 weeks (30-40 business days) from receipt of impressions at the labs.

I need them in middle of May for long vacation - so probably 8w + 1-2w for shipping would be the worst scenario? hope so, I have them. actually I have 9. I just don't believe any websites becouse on my personal experience with CIEM and experience of other people what is written there and the real life are very different things.  hope it's not your way doing business. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #9,049 of 36,066
  I need them in middle of May for long vacation - so probably 8w + 1-2w for shipping would be the worst scenario? hope so, I have them. actually I have 9. I just don't believe any websites becouse on my personal experience with CIEM and experience of other people what is written there and the real life are very different things.  

To be honest, mid-May is a stretch. You may want to consider our rush order service if you really need them by mid-May.

Regarding your experience with stated build times and other websites, I am sorry to hear that. Rest assured, our website represents the most accurate information available regarding build times and we have an excellent record of getting the job done in a timely manner.

Mar 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #9,050 of 36,066
I am sure build times will claw back a bit once recovered from backlog from Christmas, New Years and Chinese new years.

Congratulations to noble on the k10. Such high demand on such a high end product speaks for it's self. These are no cheapo iems and they are selling like hot cakes

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #9,051 of 36,066
I am sure build times will claw back a bit once recovered from backlog from Christmas, New Years and Chinese new years.

Congratulations to noble on the k10. Such high demand on such a high end product speaks for it's self. These are no cheapo iems and they are selling like hot cakes

Thank you.

6-8 weeks (30-40 business days) was the standard build time before the holidays and we managed to hold steady throughout the period. We expect things to remain the same for the foreseeable future.

Mar 15, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #9,052 of 36,066
To be honest, mid-May is a stretch. You may want to consider our rush order service if you really need them by mid-May.

Regarding your experience with stated build times and other websites, I am sorry to hear that. Rest assured, our website represents the most accurate information available regarding build times and we have an excellent record of getting the job done in a timely manner.

Have rush order wait times been extended due to the holiday?

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #9,054 of 36,066

Just on that last bit, can I just add to the general good feeling by saying that the service by Noble (Brannan and Sunny for me so far) is just first class.  I am a keen reader of this particular thread and have to say that I think that the engagement of the various Noble representatives is just out of this world.  Well done, ladies and gentlemen, you have gathered yourselves an amazing amount of goodwill by virtue of outstanding products and even more outstanding service.

I am keenly waiting my K10s, which will still be a couple of months away given that my impressions arrived in the lab only a few days ago.  I am now slowly understanding the building sense of excitement that others have expressed on this thread as they wait for their IEMs to arrive!!

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #9,056 of 36,066
  Dropping by to thank Jody for this tip.
I tried out all the stock Noble tips on my K10U and was having trouble finding a balance between comfort and seal.
I got the UE900 tips in today and they seal perfectly and they're extremely comfortable.

Highly recommended to anyone who owns a Noble universal and has fit issues.

Just wanted to echo iKhaos' thoughts - my UE900 tips arrived today and just tried them on my K10U. Seal and comfort are so superior to any tip I've tried to this point, and I've tried plenty. Even the Meelectronic M6 single-flange, which up to now had suited me fine.

Thanks Jody!

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #9,057 of 36,066

Just on that last bit, can I just add to the general good feeling by saying that the service by Noble (Brannan and Sunny for me so far) is just first class.  I am a keen reader of this particular thread and have to say that I think that the engagement of the various Noble representatives is just out of this world.  Well done, ladies and gentlemen, you have gathered yourselves an amazing amount of goodwill by virtue of outstanding products and even more outstanding service.

I am keenly waiting my K10s, which will still be a couple of months away given that my impressions arrived in the lab only a few days ago.  I am now slowly understanding the building sense of excitement that others have expressed on this thread as they wait for their IEMs to arrive!!

I have not received my K10 yet but I agree. So far coordination and communications with Brannan and Sunny has been first class service.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #9,058 of 36,066

Just wanted to echo iKhaos' thoughts - my UE900 tips arrived today and just tried them on my K10U. Seal and comfort are so superior to any tip I've tried to this point, and I've tried plenty. Even the Meelectronic M6 single-flange, which up to now had suited me fine.

Thanks Jody!

I got myself the UE900 tips too, and can only agree with their comfort. I got a hybrid iem cable from Forza Audioworks and due to the L-shaped connector they sit in my ear slightly different than the stock cable, as a result the double-flanged tips i was using weren't making the seal as effectively. The UE900 tips are perfect though. 
I do object to having to buy a set of 5 pairs of tips just to get the one size that fits though! They're not too readily available in the UK either. I ended up getting mine form Amazon US.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #9,059 of 36,066
Try and grab a AK120Titan, you get the dual Wolfson WM8740s, 128GB on board with 2x 64gb micro sd card slots for total of 256gb, DSD capable (decimated to 88.2 PCM via optical out), optical out.   Better bang for the buck relative to the AK100II in my opinion.   I'm quite happy with my K10U/AK120 combo stand alone away from my Hugo....just unable to stand alone for too long.

An interesting suggestion as price: performance is usually what drives my decision making, if I was to buy an A&K I'd get this one. The scratch proof design is fabulous...

I'm surprised there's only been one recommendation for the Sony Nw-zx2. For the price, I'm reading reports that the sound quality is on par with the top end AK's. Although, I prefer the look and simplicity of the AK's. If the performance is undeniable and I'vd seen them for around £800 on eBay. I think I'll be getting the Sony.

Great battery life, great sound, 800 pounds...(or 950 sourced within the UK).

Unless I'm missing something here?

:)

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #9,060 of 36,066
I did recently with my K10U some direct comparison between ZX2, ZX1, AK100II and AK120II and I preferred by a large margin the AK players sound with the K10, especially the AK120II. The pairing is just incredibly beautifull. There is a coherency with the AK players that the sony players don't reach. AK100II vs AK120II, the 120 felt slightly more balanced and resolving, the 100 felt slightly warmer and slightly less resolving, both were outstanding and better than the more clinical sony ZX2 and the more V shaped sony ZX1.

I've just re-read this. Earlier I read it as Sony Xperia z2 (face palm). You've given me more to think about. Battery life is a concern for me with the A&K's. Both the Sony and A&K have undeniable build quality. Hmmm...I won't be able to easily audition them so me thinks mor reading is required :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back