Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 16, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #9,078 of 36,097
  Is there a specific type of "crush proof packaging" that you would suggest?  I just got my impressions made and am unsure where I can get a crush proof box.

Ask your audiologist for one when you get the impressions, or they will put your impressions in one already.  What I did was take that box, wrap it in bubble wrap and insert it into a larger box for mailing.

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #9,079 of 36,097
My audiologist gave me a box. It was labeled "Westone" but it also worked for Noble impressions! :smiley:

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #9,080 of 36,097
Ah, ok sweet.  My audiologist did give me a box, but they impressions were loose inside it, so I stuck some napkins inside so they don't flop around and put that small box inside another box.  I just hope they get there okay.
confused_face.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #9,081 of 36,097
  Ah, ok sweet.  My audiologist did give me a box, but they impressions were loose inside it, so I stuck some napkins inside so they don't flop around and put that small box inside another box.  I just hope they get there okay.
confused_face.gif

Its not like impressions are made of a material that will shatter, they will make the travel just fine.

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #9,082 of 36,097

Its not like impressions are made of a material that will shatter, they will make the travel just fine.

Yup. They are pretty solid, and have a nice weighty feel. I doubt they'd shatter or damage easily. I shipped my impressions out once in a cardboard box (via my local store), and everything turned out fine.

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #9,083 of 36,097
I used to make silicone. If they end up shattering it would be at such a low temperature that CIEM impressions would be the last of our worries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back