Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 27, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #8,731 of 36,135
Hi there waiting on an order for my k10u. Been liaising with Brannan at noble who said you can choose a different colour say for example blue and they will create something nice for you. The extra you pay is $300. Lovely company to deal with. Can't wait for them to come, as I have just put a deposit down for the ak240 stainless steel version. Will post review thanks for everyone's comments.

Holy crap I wish I knew that when I got mine, as black is just not my thing.  BTW where did you saw the AK240SS on sale?

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #8,733 of 36,135
Hi there waiting on an order for my k10u. Been liaising with Brannan at noble who said you can choose a different colour say for example blue and they will create something nice for you. The extra you pay is $300. Lovely company to deal with. Can't wait for them to come, as I have just put a deposit down for the ak240 stainless steel version. Will post review thanks for everyone's comments.

Let's be clear, as the shell is originally black, it is difficult to change the color due to the base color being black. A layer of blue glitter will be added to the shell, and it will mix with the base color yielding a dark blue/black type color. Do not expect sky blue or something like that.

Cheers

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 27, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #8,734 of 36,135
Hi DR SHEEP
Remember it's all about the bass not colour. The AK240SS is on sale here in the UK. I have ordered mine from hifi lounge Bedfordshire uk. The other site is audiologic. Both have it priced at £2500.

Thanks, I guess US got hosed this time.  NVM I just saw it on Moon-audio.

Let's be clear, as the shell is originally black, it is difficult to change the color due to the base color being black. A layer of blue glitter will be added to the shell, and it will mix with the base color yielding a dark/black type color. Do not expect sky blue or something like that.

Cheers

Thanks for clear things up, as I was thinking a different shell and not a paint over.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #8,737 of 36,135
Hey folks, I'm looking to get some opinions on portable upgrade options to pair with my K10Us.  My current state is an AK120 TItan > K10Us; The sound is quite amazing as is; was wondering which parings you have heard that you enjoy most.  I'm looking for a neutral response that will not alter (too much) the current signature I'm getting.  My library is mostly rock 70s-90s, with a little Coltrane and Davis mixed in.

Here were a few things I was considering

1) Take my AK120 Titan and add a Chord Hugo into the mix:  AK120>Hugo>K10Us
2) Take my AK120 Titan and add a ALO International + Optial into the mix:  AK120>ALO>K10Us
3) Buy an AK240, sell the AK120:  AK240>K10Us

Thanks

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #8,738 of 36,135
Can't comment on options 2&3, but I'm more than delighted with option 1. The only upgrade I envisage to this combo is to get a full custom K10, and that's more purely for aesthetic reasons.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #8,739 of 36,135
I think I will go with the ciem version.

Just make sure you consider the following:

CIEM are exactly that, custom to you.  This gives you added design options which are absolutely incredible at Noble and the quick insert and go convenience.  However you sacrifice the fact that you can’t share what you are hearing with others and the re-sale value will also be less ($ for $).  You also have the added cost and time of the molding and fitting (and perhaps re-fitting) process.

Universals may take a little time to dial in by finding the right tip setup, but when you do, you are set. I can get my K10Us in my ears, blindfolded in the dark, pretty quickly.  If you’ve used universal IEMs before with success, you should expect the same with the K10Us.  You can share your experience with your friends, delivery may arrive sooner and for some crazy reason if you don’t like what you hear, the resale recovery will be greater.

You really can’t go wrong either way, just pick which scenario fit you best.  Enjoy!

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #8,740 of 36,135
Just make sure you consider the following:

CIEM are exactly that, custom to you.  This gives you added design options which are absolutely incredible at Noble and the quick insert and go convenience.  However you sacrifice the fact that you can’t share what you are hearing with others and the re-sale value will also be less ($ for $).  You also have the added cost and time of the molding and fitting (and perhaps re-fitting) process.

Universals may take a little time to dial in by finding the right tip setup, but when you do, you are set. I can get my K10Us in my ears, blindfolded in the dark, pretty quickly.  If you’ve used universal IEMs before with success, you should expect the same with the K10Us.  You can share your experience with your friends, delivery may arrive sooner and for some crazy reason if you don’t like what you hear, the resale recovery will be greater.

You really can’t go wrong either way, just pick which scenario fit you best.  Enjoy!
You are making it hard for me lol. I want to be able to share it with my sister who is very into music. The resale value isn't really a factor for me because I don't really sell my stuff. I would make a much easier choice if I live here because transportation would not be a issue. Being a student is also another downside because I cannot go from Monday to Friday. My only chance is to go during this spring break.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #8,741 of 36,135
This is what Brannan at noble has said can be done........ Basically you will have to communicate the color you want to me and we will do our best to accommodate. For instance, you could say you want blue, and we would come up with a nice blue. The set that you saw with green and gold flecks was probably a full custom IEM. Customs are built under a totally different process than the universals, so those options are not available. Basically, we are just looking at painting the exterior of your K10U a different color and that is it.

This will not alter the waiting time as the unit is being made to order as is.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #8,742 of 36,135
  Hey folks, I'm looking to get some opinions on portable upgrade options to pair with my K10Us.  My current state is an AK120 TItan > K10Us; The sound is quite amazing as is; was wondering which parings you have heard that you enjoy most.  I'm looking for a neutral response that will not alter (too much) the current signature I'm getting.  My library is mostly rock 70s-90s, with a little Coltrane and Davis mixed in.

Here were a few things I was considering

1) Take my AK120 Titan and add a Chord Hugo into the mix:  AK120>Hugo>K10Us
2) Take my AK120 Titan and add a ALO International + Optial into the mix:  AK120>ALO>K10Us
3) Buy an AK240, sell the AK120:  AK240>K10Us

Thanks 

A much less expensive is to get a Glove Audio A1 for the AK120 Titan. It is a very good amp and also has balanced outputs for AK 2.5mm TRRS and RSA/ALO.I got one for my AK100 and I love it.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #8,743 of 36,135
You are making it hard for me lol. I want to be able to share it with my sister who is very into music. The resale value isn't really a factor for me because I don't really sell my stuff. I would make a much easier choice if I live here because transportation would not be a issue. Being a student is also another downside because I cannot go from Monday to Friday. My only chance is to go during this spring break.

getting to know your iem - finding right tip, right angle in your ear, etc can deliver great sound.
saying that, with many earphones of all sorts for the past 30+ years... everyone deserves at least one customs :)
tell your sister to get her own cuz sharing an in-ear is disgusting...
o2smile.gif

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #8,744 of 36,135
I just received my K10 Wizard recreation pictures from the lab.  Man are they beautiful!!!!  I think I have looked at the pictures 10 times today already.  Anyone know how long it takes to receive them from this point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back