Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 15, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #8,491 of 36,065

I'm not sure if is standard across ALL COMPANIES, but it certainly isn't a unique policy.

Universal Products

Westone warrants this product to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of original retail purchase. This warranty is available only to the original purchaser

Is my warranty valid if I purchase earphones from a reseller that is not a Shure Authorized Dealer?

Published 03/08/2006 09:36 AM   |    Updated 11/13/2009 08:16 AM
QUESTION:
Is my warranty valid if I purchase earphones from a reseller that is not a Shure Authorized Dealer?

ANSWER:
The warranty is Shure's guarantee that the product will meet our standards of quality and performance. In order for this warranty to be valid, the consumer must, at the time the product is returned, provide proof of purchase in the form of the original purchase receipt directly from Shure or from a Shure authorized reseller. Shure strives to form relationships with resellers who will provide the best service and value to customers who buy our products. Authorized Dealers receive only inventory that is new, in factory-sealed packaging, with all accessories, documentation, and full factory warranty. Authorized Dealers receive extensive factory support, and they are the first to receive shipments when new products are introduced. Non-authorized resellers do not have any direct business relationship with Shure. Shure cannot guarantee the authenticity or condition of the items they stock, and we have no ability to intervene on the customer's behalf if necessary.

Dr Moulton, maybe i am nitpicking here , but the shure situation deals with resellers and not transfer of warranty from original seller

putting them both in the same category seems like a nice word play which favours your (100% logical) point on warranty issue.

the bold part simply asks that the shure product was purchased from shure/authorized shure seller and proof of such a purchase with a receipt is presented

correct me if i am wrong here , of course -  i see a grey area of semantics there

i could have bought a shure product from another person here and with the receipt at hand it seems that i am covered warranty-wise

westone is 100% alligned to your warranty policy , no questions there

cheers

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #8,492 of 36,065
It's fairly common practice in the US (and so not surprising from our Noble friends) but some of my European friends have pointed out that things can be different in terms of rules and expectations in different geographies. Cheers 

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #8,493 of 36,065
  Dr Moulton, maybe i am nitpicking here , but the shure situation deals with resellers and not transfer of warranty from original seller

putting them both in the same category seems like a nice word play which favours your (100% logical) point on warranty issue.

the bold part simply asks that the shure product was purchased from shure/authorized shure seller and proof of such a purchase with a receipt is presented

correct me if i am wrong here , of course -  i see a grey area of semantics there

i could have bought a shure product from another person here and with the receipt at hand it seems that i am covered warranty-wise

westone is 100% alligned to your warranty policy , no questions there

cheers

my interpretation is the shure product needs to be purchased from an authorized source, for the warranty to apply....   I'm not sure if that is what "Shures" interpretation is as well.

Regardless, if it is or isn't, as stated before, Noble's policy is not unique in this industry, and if needed more examples can be found.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 16, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #8,495 of 36,065
Been lusting after the Noble 4's for about a year now, finally bit the bullet and ordered a pair of the universals. Can't wait to get them 
etysmile.gif

Main reason I finally got around to it was because I felt it was finally time to retire my trusty Etymotic HF-5's:

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #8,496 of 36,065
I've got them both, and you're probably not going to be disappointed in the performance of the Noble 4U. Despite being very neutral, they have slightly less upper mids than the HF5, slightly more body and weight, and the clarity and dynamics can really immerse you and pummel you when called for, and can sound massive in scale for stuff like well-mixed action films. No need for bass emphasis for weight when the 4Us have such transparent clarity and size capabilities.

Those HF5s look to have served you well aswell, I chuckled. :)

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #8,497 of 36,065
Used to have the HF5's, then moved up to ER-4's and that was an amazing upgrade. Then jumped to the K10's and its a whole new world. Noble really knows what they're doing.

I'd also suggest you consider upgrading your source as well if you really want to get the most out of your 4's as the Nobles scale very well. What are you currently driving your HF's with?

Cheers

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #8,498 of 36,065

Sometimes I feel like a broken record, but I have to once again recommend the Leckerton UHA-6S mkII. It sounds brilliant with the K10 and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. If the budget is bigger the iQube V5 is exceptional. 

You don't sound like a broken record to me. The UHA-6S.mkii is absolutely fantastic with the K10.  I use the low-gain mod (just ask Nick for it when ordering), and I have a huge usable range on the volume knob.  The fact that you can do op-amp rolling makes it super versatile.  I love the ADA4627 and the AD8620 op-amps.

Seriously, you won't go wrong with the the Leckerton Audio DAC/amp.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #8,500 of 36,065
You don't sound like a broken record to me. The UHA-6S.mkii is absolutely fantastic with the K10.  I use the low-gain mod (just ask Nick for it when ordering), and I have a huge usable range on the volume knob.  The fact that you can do op-amp rolling makes it super versatile.  I love the ADA4627 and the AD8620 op-amps.

Seriously, you won't go wrong with the the Leckerton Audio DAC/amp.

Project86S mkii! Just kidding! I've heard the leckerton and it's very nice, the apex glacier is very nice as well. Both sound great with the K10 and 4C (the Noble ciems I have) and I recommend either.

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #8,502 of 36,065
So I'd love to hear the best portable amp anyone has used with their K10's. I currently am running my Fiio X3 into a Headstage Arrow 4T for portable use and have a Geek Wave Ultimate coming in a few months, but was thinking about any worthwhile options in the meantime.

I've heard great things about the Pure II and the SR71A as well as the Theorem 720. I also have the chance through Massbuy to get a Centrance mini-M8 pretty cheap.

Would love a hand all feedback from my fellow K10 users.

Thanks in advance!

I've used both the Pure II and SR-71A with the K10's. The Pure II is really great sounding and has a smaller profile than the RSA, but the mids are pushed a little more forward. On some songs that's better, on others not so much.  What I really like about the RSA is that the mids are slightly more recessed than the Pure II, but that makes it sound a little airier and open. I think you will like the soundstage it provides.  Plus it is a lot better with full size headphones than the Vorzuge.  Honestly, I tried my best at a/b testing of the two for the last week, and still couldn't decide which one is best.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #8,503 of 36,065
Used to have the HF5's, then moved up to ER-4's and that was an amazing upgrade. Then jumped to the K10's and its a whole new world. Noble really knows what they're doing.

I'd also suggest you consider upgrading your source as well if you really want to get the most out of your 4's as the Nobles scale very well. What are you currently driving your HF's with?

Cheers

You guys got me all kinds of excited about them now. Currently just running them straight off my rockbox'd iPod 5.5, LG G3 via TIDAL, and on my old TF101 Transformer via TIDAL+Voodoo. Threw money at the LH Labs Geek Stream thing a while back, so hopefully I'll be able to run that sooner or later.

Feb 16, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #8,504 of 36,065
Just made an appointment to get my ear impressions done. Can't wait to order and get my K10s. But I'll have to wait!

@FullCircle, I sent you a PM with a few questions, I hope you'll be able to answer it before I get my order it In a few days :)

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #8,505 of 36,065

Cheers

I second this comment. I was very critical of the Noble4 universal as none of my sources drove them well. Finally listening to Sony Music Unlimited through my Playstation4 hooked to my ifi amp, this combination pushed the Noble4 to a level I didn't think possible. Now I can't put them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back