Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 6, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #8,281 of 36,066
Feb 6, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #8,284 of 36,066

Linum Super Bax prototype. 2.5mm TRRS balanced, superb ergonomics and slightly more spacious than the regular Linum Bax. Not because of frozen snakeoil or magic tricks, but because the regular Linum Bax is 1.5ohm and the Super Bax is >0,75ohm. 

nice piece u got there.

i'll prob spend a great deal of money on cables and new dap while waiting for my k10. the longer the wait the more i'll probably spend.
hope it wont be that long, my 2 months baby gotta eat something...

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #8,285 of 36,066
Hey guys,

Recently got my K10's a couple of weeks ago and enjoying them immensely.  Just wondering what you guys use as your DAP to drive them?

I currently have the DX90 and it sounds great but wanted something with perhaps a bit warmer sound.  Tried the X5 but didn't like it too much.

Here's a quick pic of mine:

Love all the user posted pictures in addition to all the glamour shots posted by Noble. Went with a Wizard reprint and they came out amazingly.  The poor lighting doesn't (and my awful phone camera) doesn't do them any justice!

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #8,286 of 36,066
Anybody has an Orange K10? I see a lot of ember but can't seem to find a picture of an orange one. And anybody has a pic of the orange glow in the dark paint job?

I advise against orange glow in the dark, as the glow time for orange is vey short. The colors we offer in glow int the dark are green and blue,

(And that may vary as well depending on stock)

And even then the glow time isn't very long as well, but in the world of glow in the dark green and blue yield the best glow times.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 6, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #8,288 of 36,066

nice piece u got there.

i'll prob spend a great deal of money on cables and new dap while waiting for my k10. the longer the wait the more i'll probably spend.
hope it wont be that long, my 2 months baby gotta eat something...

Don't blow too much on cables - in case your baby eats them 
wink.gif

Hey guys,

Recently got my K10's a couple of weeks ago and enjoying them immensely.  Just wondering what you guys use as your DAP to drive them?

I currently have the DX90 and it sounds great but wanted something with perhaps a bit warmer sound.  Tried the X5 but didn't like it too much.

Here's a quick pic of mine:

Love all the user posted pictures in addition to all the glamour shots posted by Noble. Went with a Wizard reprint and they came out amazingly.  The poor lighting doesn't (and my awful phone camera) doesn't do them any justice!

If you're looking for a warmer DAP than the X5, have you considered the HM801 or Colorfly C4? Not as pocket friendly as the DX90, though, but the C4 has a very organic, almost tube-like sound to it. How about adding an amp? The K10 loves it some juice and you get TONS of options for tweaking the sound just to your liking.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #8,289 of 36,066
I haven't researched those two too much but that's because like you said they are quite large and unwieldy unlike the DX90.  A big reason I really disliked the X5 was because of its weight.

I was really hoping for a all-in-one solution (perhaps the Sony ZX1 or ZX2) since I got tired of lugging amplifiers around.  What amps do you have experience with that you can recommend?

I was looking at either the PHA-2/PHA-3 or perhaps one of the Pico amps.

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #8,290 of 36,066
I advise against orange glow in the dark, as the glow time for orange is vey short. The colors we offer in glow int the dark are green and blue,

(And that may vary as well depending on stock)

And even then the glow time isn't very long as well, but in the world of glow in the dark green and blue yield the best glow times.

The glow in the dark is not highest on the list so its fine. Im in search of the k10s in peach ember and orange to compare because its rather hard to visualise through the option page.

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #8,291 of 36,066
Howdy,

a question to all of the owners of the Kaiser 10 Universal, how comfortable are they? Can you wear them for hours without noticable pain (like the westones)? Or are they thick like the Shure SE846/JH Roxannes and after an hour or so your ear canals start hurting? I'm asking this because I have small ear canals and a thick earphone like the Shure SE846 is painful to wear after less than an hour or so (regadless of the tips used, I've tried plenty)

I will read this thread bit by bit, but I'll appreciate your experiences.

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #8,292 of 36,066
  Howdy,

a question to all of the owners of the Kaiser 10 Universal, how comfortable are they? Can you wear them for hours without noticable pain (like the westones)? Or are they thick like the Shure SE846/JH Roxannes and after an hour or so your ear canals start hurting? I'm asking this because I have small ear canals and a thick earphone like the Shure SE846 is painful to wear after less than an hour or so (regadless of the tips used, I've tried plenty)

I will read this thread bit by bit, but I'll appreciate your experiences.

I had issues with the SE846 regarding fit as well, mainly because of my right ear having cauliflower, as the sizes-fit-all tips never felt exceptional - the Sensaphonnics Custom Sleeves (SCS) took care of any pain, fit, isolation issues, etc., and elevated the auditory experience as well.  The SE846 housing doesn't even touch your ears as a result, and I have found the SCS are more comfortable than acrylic (in my opinion).  If you love the sound of the SE846, the SCS is definitely worth a try.

Feb 6, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #8,294 of 36,066

I had issues with the SE846 regarding fit as well, mainly because of my right ear having cauliflower, as the sizes-fit-all tips never felt exceptional - the Sensaphonnics Custom Sleeves (SCS) took care of any pain, fit, isolation issues, etc., and elevated the auditory experience as well.  The SE846 housing doesn't even touch your ears as a result, and I have found the SCS are more comfortable than acrylic (in my opinion).  If you love the sound of the SE846, the SCS is definitely worth a try.

Will do, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back