Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 2, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #8,191 of 36,064

Amazing stuff!
Did an ear impression couple of days ago and now counting the hours it passes...

Yeah, the wait can be quite agonizing at times. It gets even more intense when you know that your K10s will be arriving very soon, and you keep waiting for that one PM/email. 
wink.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #8,193 of 36,064

but did I buy K10 too soon?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread#post_11261170

Well, do consider that the Layla is also a grand more expensive than the K10. Noble's flagship is well and truly amongst the very best performers in the market at this moment in time. The Layla may or may not surpass it, but it still does not detract from the fact that you're getting a bona fide flagship in more ways that one. Don't feel bad at all for your purchase - I'm sure you'll love the K10.

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #8,195 of 36,064
  Mine were BF specials. I did overnight mine to Brannan the day after the sale. I was hoping to be in the first batch and appears I was. They arrived in China December 11th, at that point is when they notify the 6-8 week lead time. Well worth the wait and yes it is very long wait.. well not really.. but ya really.... To pass the time I organized a bunch of my music files and got some new high res flacs ready for when they arrived. Very happy I did that as well.

Good luck with the rest of your wait! It will be worth it :)  

Same here.  Mine were received in China on Dec 10.  Finally got the tracking number and they will be delivered today!  *Cough*  ...  How many sick days do I have?..

I did the same as you with my music collection.  I haven't bought any new hires yet, but I did re-rip all of my CD collection (over 300) to flac.  Just finished organizing it in time...

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #8,196 of 36,064
Any opinions on whether or not i am being realistic that the K10s are good enough to use in place of closed headphones?

I've listened to Shure 1540, Beyerdynamic T5p; have been considering Alpha Dog Primes, McIntosh MHP1000, Audeze EL8, Oppo PM3, etc.

Thoughts appreciated!

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #8,197 of 36,064
Noble rocks!

I am right with you Jim, I have been away from Head-fi for about awhile since I got my 5C and I am still blown away by it. I used to be amazed by the how controlled the bass and highs sounded but I have recently realized that the mids are the star of this IEM.

Also I just recently got my UE18s back from UE which I adored before I got my 5C but now when I listen I just feel like something is missing and I always end up back using the N5C.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #8,199 of 36,064

IMO it depends whether you bought them because you wanted "the best" or because you wanted an amazing CIEM. Which I am sure the K10 still is. I believe that JHA are pushing the envelope of what customers are prepared to pay. Whether they are also pushing the envelope technically I couldn't say as I have not heard either the Rosie or Layla. I won't be bothering. If I can't get amazing sound for £1000 there is something badly wrong.

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #8,201 of 36,064

but did I buy K10 too soon?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread#post_11261170

IMO it depends whether you bought them because you wanted "the best" or because you wanted an amazing CIEM. Which I am sure the K10 still is. I believe that JHA are pushing the envelope of what customers are prepared to pay. Whether they are also pushing the envelope technically I couldn't say as I have not heard either the Rosie or Layla. I won't be bothering. If I can't get amazing sound for £1000 there is something badly wrong.

100% agree!  To me, the K10 is so right for me that I'm really not even curious at this time to try JH's new ones.  There is always going to be "the next great thing", and I've made a conscious effort not to own 15 different phones because I'm chasing that carrot!  On top of that, the price doesn't work for me, though I'm sure the Layla is outstanding.

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #8,202 of 36,064
100% agree!  To me, the K10 is so right for me that I'm really not even curious at this time to try JH's new ones.  There is always going to be "the next great thing", and I've made a conscious effort not to own 15 different phones because I'm chasing that carrot!  On top of that, the price doesn't work for me, though I'm sure the Layla is outstanding.

Yes I do think that as an overall package with 90-95% of Layla's sound, the K10 is the best deal right now.  Much easier to re-cable too.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #8,203 of 36,064
I dislike the practice of JH so I'm not going to even consider them.  Feel sorry for those who waited a year on Roxxane just to realize that new TOTL called Layla is out by when they get one.

Just IMO

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #8,204 of 36,064
  Yes I do think that as an overall package with 90-95% of Layla's sound, the K10 is the best deal right now.  Much easier to re-cable too.

I'd hold off on saying that the K10 is 90% of anything. Hype has a way of exaggerating things.
Here's a review of the Layla that isn't getting much notice: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752454/jh-audio-layla-impressions-thread/45#post_11275859
It'll take time for the real word to get out and things to balance out.

Meanwhile, people's take on the K10 has been pretty steady, I'd say, month after month.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #8,205 of 36,064

Well if Layla came out next year I would not bother. First, I want to buy the best 'to my ears' that is within my budget and Layla is right at the edge of it. Every unit of Laya and Angie that came in Thailand are sold. There were more people reserving the units than there was available for sales. Price comparison wise, Layla is cheaper than Prestige. Its just a tad more expensive than Wizard design.

I will make my judgement when I can get my hands on a demo unit to test it out myself. Maybe I regret getting the K10, maybe not. If that review is on the money, then the superior point of Layla over K10 (mids and space), would be worth the wait since I don't want to end up with multiple CIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back