Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #7,486 of 36,082
You've hit the nail on the head there and proved my point, but you've missed the point of my question.

I'm about to travel overseas for the forseeable future and I do NOT want the hassle of carrying around and charging multiple devices (DAP + DAC/AMP etc) if I can help it. Especially as the only charging facilities I may have for days at a time will be a cigarette lighter in the car.

So I'm asking what DAP's people recommend for the K10's that will be a significant upgrade in terms of SQ over my DX90, WITHOUT having to run an additional DAC/AMP to get the most out of my K10's.

It's largely dependent on your personal listening preference. Although this is not a DAP recommendation thread, the new AK players are very good, and have both single ended and balanced outputs. The balanced out on my AK100 does seem to have a larger soundstage and more impactful bass when driving the K10. The AK units also have better battery life compared with the DX90. You can search the various DAP threads for more in depth impressions.

Dec 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #7,487 of 36,082
You've hit the nail on the head there and proved my point, but you've missed the point of my question.

I'm about to travel overseas for the forseeable future and I do NOT want the hassle of carrying around and charging multiple devices (DAP + DAC/AMP etc) if I can help it. Especially as the only charging facilities I may have for days at a time will be a cigarette lighter in the car.

So I'm asking what DAP's people recommend for the K10's that will be a significant upgrade in terms of SQ over my DX90, WITHOUT having to run an additional DAC/AMP to get the most out of my K10's.

I got to demo the K10Us on a nodded AK120 from mezzo audio, and I have to say that if you want the best sound in a portable setup, that would be the way I'd go. I personally use an AK100II player (no Noble IEMs yet though) and I'm finding them a joy to use on the go.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #7,489 of 36,082
I got to demo the K10Us on a nodded AK120 from mezzo audio, and I have to say that if you want the best sound in a portable setup, that would be the way I'd go. I personally use an AK100II player (no Noble IEMs yet though) and I'm finding them a joy to use on the go.

Almost exactly where I want to go in my portable setup. My K10 are on the way and I have the AK100II in my mind to pair with them.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #7,490 of 36,082
Bottom like is that the K10 works great with the AK and DX line, and with the AK100 selling for $425 new on Amazon, it is getting a lot more accessible now.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #7,491 of 36,082
Hi Any luck finding an image for this?  Or is the image posted by mscott58 close enough?  Details again:  Kaiser 10, [Customization Method: Personal Design] , [Shell: Color,Dark Smoke] , [Faceplate: Carbon Fiber,Black & Silver,Standard Logo]

(keeping this in the forum instead of email for future reference).

Anil

PS:  Really beautiful pictures above.  I assume they are one-off?  Can you add some keywords mentioning what kind of shell and face plate were used (hepful when people are looking through the gallery)?

I think Darin ended up with a pair of CIEMs that had that configuration. Brannan would have those photos, PM bangkokkid and ask for said photos

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #7,495 of 36,082
The AK100 II is the better model to get, not the original AK100, if you're after better sound quality (and the balanced output).

Not always, as the SQ from a Wolfson is warmer.

Dec 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #7,497 of 36,082
  Great catch! Hadn't even noticed. I think I'm not the first, as looking through the Noble Instagram feed there's a pair on 9/10/14 that also appear to be on the left face-plate. Thanks

I know this is going back a few days in the thread, but I wanted to chime in that my K10s (serial number 11) have the Wizard signature on the left monitor, although it is on the shell portion at the edge of the faceplate and not on the faceplate itself.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #7,498 of 36,082
I have unsuccessfully tried to replace my beloved Triple10..... and  tried the SE846 , UE900, FX850...... 

It seems that I love the triple 10 signature.

I also have a TH900 +HPA8  and I love the setup.

I wonder if the Noble 3 would be a right fit out of my Iphone 6  ( no eq).

Thanks

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #7,499 of 36,082
  I have unsuccessfully tried to replace my beloved Triple10..... and unsuccessfully  tried the SE846 , UE900, FX850...... 

It seems that I love the triple 10 signature.

I also have a TH900 +HPA8  and I love the setup.

I wonder if the Noble 3 would be a right fit out of my Iphone 6  ( no eq).

Thanks

You might be in an enviable spot as far as the health of your wallet. Are you looking for a replacement due to loss of your TF10? Or fit? I ended up having Inearz re-shell a pair of TF10 and they sound better than ever. They retained the signature and the midrange became less recessed and the bass added punch and texture. They are the TF10 at its best...

Myself, I could never get the universals to fit right - and when I did, they looked so bad, I wouldn't want to go out lest I be thought a mutant 
tongue.gif
. They are my beater customs - I take them out and about without the worry that a $1K investment might get lost to stolen.

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #7,500 of 36,082
Got my K10's yesterday! Let them burn in overnight and then listened to them the entire flight to the Bahamas this morning for our holiday trip.

Much, much to write about them but for now let me summarize the K10's performance in one word: Effortless.

So pleased with this purchase and will be back to you my friends soon with my thoughts, but now I'm off to relax a bit with the family.

Cheers everyone and Happy Holidays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back