Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #7,501 of 36,116
Got my K10's yesterday! Let them burn in overnight and then listened to them the entire flight to the Bahamas this morning for our holiday trip.

Much, much to write about them but for now let me summarize the K10's performance in one word: Effortless.

So pleased with this purchase and will be back to you my friends soon with my thoughts, but now I'm off to relax a bit with the family.

Cheers everyone and Happy Holidays!

Don't forget to post some pictures!
L3000.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #7,502 of 36,116
  I have unsuccessfully tried to replace my beloved Triple10..... and  tried the SE846 , UE900, FX850...... 

It seems that I love the triple 10 signature.

I also have a TH900 +HPA8  and I love the setup.

I wonder if the Noble 3 would be a right fit out of my Iphone 6  ( no eq).

Thanks

Could you share what you didn't like about the SE846, or other products, this may help to narrow things down a bit.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #7,503 of 36,116
You might be in an enviable spot as far as the health of your wallet. Are you looking for a replacement due to loss of your TF10? Or fit? I ended up having Inearz re-shell a pair of TF10 and they sound better than ever. They retained the signature and the midrange became less recessed and the bass added punch and texture. They are the TF10 at its best...

Myself, I could never get the universals to fit right - and when I did, they looked so bad, I wouldn't want to go out lest I be thought a mutant :p . They are my beater customs - I take them out and about without the worry that a $1K investment might get lost to stolen.

Let me clarify that I only own the Triplefii10 and the TH900 since all the other earphones were returned.
Now taking a look to your profile the healthy wallet might be by your side.

I love the TF10 out of my Iphone 6 with no eq and I get a very good fit with the sony tips. It is just that I have had them for over 4 years and the earphones female connectors wore to the point that the dual connectors do not get a tight fit....
I thought about turning them into customs but I have heard that the treble sparkle is reduced...

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #7,505 of 36,116

You've hit the nail on the head there and proved my point, but you've missed the point of my question.
I'm about to travel overseas for the forseeable future and I do NOT want the hassle of carrying around and charging multiple devices (DAP + DAC/AMP etc) if I can help it. Especially as the only charging facilities I may have for days at a time will be a cigarette lighter in the car.

So I'm asking what DAP's people recommend for the K10's that will be a significant upgrade in terms of SQ over my DX90, WITHOUT having to run an additional DAC/AMP to get the most out of my K10's.

I've tried and demoed the entire AK series, the ZX1, X5 and the DX50. If you like warm rich sound, go for the AK120. If you like a wider soundstage and don't mind a colder sound, go for the AK120II. The AK120II has a colder sound, but has a wide soundstage, clear mids and trebles and a strong bass. It's not overly enhanced. I'm particularly a fan of the AK120II because of its balanced output as well. It's really an all in one DAP. Most of all, I love it's design and solid construction.

The AK240 is good, but its a little too flat for my tastes. I'd suggest the Chord Hugo for the widest soundstage i've ever heard, but you specifically mentioned that you didnt want to use an additional DAC/Amp.

Dec 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #7,506 of 36,116
Dec 21, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #7,508 of 36,116
Dec 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #7,511 of 36,116
The N6 are great and deserve more buzz than they get, I'd say.

I like the N6 a lot (it's my second fav in the lineup behind the K10), but their price puts them in probably the most competitive bracket out there. Many many options to consider at that range.

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #7,513 of 36,116
They have to be hollow to cram in all those drivers! Any CIEM has to be hollow. It's a housing for the drivers and crossovers that produce the sound. Solid acrylic CIEMS would basically be earplugs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back