Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 25, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #6,826 of 36,110
  been on these forums since very beginning..."read-only" mode...

finally decided to take step into ceim world and was overwhelmed with the possibilities...

been reading reviews, some interesting, some not but one thing came to my mind is how similar lots of ppl here sound to those in photographic forums...there is always this kind of ppl that is interested primarily in the technical side of things rather than the essence...like when you are reading the book and instead of capturing the meaning of the novel you are delighted with the quality of the typeface....or when you are looking at the photograph you constantly seek for noise quality, color rendition, bokeh rather than looking at the picture itself...i am afraid here is the same story - ppl not only try to evaluate the sound (which is completely useless since sound perception is completely individual) but also base their opinion on how "better" iem "A" sounds to iem "B" on freq graphs, number of drivers, crossover complexity and such...

i, too, fell victim of these factors as getting "the best possible" is significant for me (i am musican and music is part of my life)

thus, i've beein thinking of a single most important factor that would differentiate a ciem for me, the one that will measure one ciem above others...this factor i would call a "transparency". but not transparency in the meaning of "sound transparency" but in the meaning of "ciem transparency" that is a good ciem should be transparent to the listener it shouldn't be a barrier between the listener and the music (one aspect of a "barrier-thing" is when ciem articulates the sound so meticulously that you start to pinpoint the instruments distracting yourself from the music itself)

that said, i would like to know if noble accepts 3D models of impressions or they should be sent?

thanks! )

Nicely said!  I personally enjoy the K10's for that very reason.  They don't push any part of the spectrum at you.  They are so coherent top to bottom that you can truly just enjoy the music!

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #6,827 of 36,110
FYI 10% discount across the entire range on the noble website 
etysmile.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #6,828 of 36,110
Nov 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #6,836 of 36,110
Haha
An announcement will be made today regarding Black Friday.

Thank you for your patience.

Just an eager, broke student here xD Today is actually earlier than I was expecting!

Also, I notice that the UK now has a regional site! Nicely done!

PayPal tends to use inflated currency conversion...

N.B. How does one delete posts here? ._.

Also to anyone who HAS a K10 custom, would you mind awfully taking a pic of them IN your ears? I perform on stage, so whilst I want something flashy, It can't look TOO distracting - especially under high lighting!

I've read others here wondering the same thing, so you'd be helping us all out :) Muchos gracias!

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #6,837 of 36,110
Haha
Just an eager, broke student here xD Today is actually earlier than I was expecting!

Also to anyone who HAS a K10 custom, would you mind awfully taking a pic of them IN your ears? I perform on stage, so whilst I want something flashy, It can't look TOO distracting - especially under high lighting!

I've read others here wondering the same thing, so you'd be helping us all out :) Muchos gracias!

Yes, the UK has its own site now. Understood regarding PayPal, in the future we plan to let users toggle between dollars and pounds. The pound prices are there as we want to give people in the UK a point of reference when shopping locally and also for UK based reviews/publications that like to quote prices in local currency.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #6,838 of 36,110
Haha

To my knowledge, you can't really delete these posts completely, only edit, then delete what you've typed, then type in "deleted".  I'll try to get a shot of my K10's in my big ears!

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #6,839 of 36,110
Haha

Here you go. Obviously ignore the cable as the Noble one is far more subtle

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #6,840 of 36,110
Thanks, will do.

BTW, congrats on hitting 2,000 posts just now.

So I did! Didn't notice that. 2001!!!!!!11one

One thing I'd like to note with the K10 is how the highs extend. I've been listening to tons of IEMs and the highs extension on the K10 is exquisite. Not sibilant, slightly rolled off, just enough to enjoy the sound of the cymbals clashing out there. Do you guys find this the same? I can only compare it to how the NT6 renders the highs but being less prone to sibilance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back