Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #6,751 of 36,135
I am not entirely sure but I think I am having some minor channel imbalance issues with my unit (K10U). It's noticeable on some tracks. Can someone tell me how one tells whether there's an imbalance or not? Of course, I am still in the ''burn-in'' stage process, so maybe that has to do anything. 

Of course, if you would like us to test your K10U for channel imbalance we would be more than happy to, but please keep in mind that each of our IEMs and CIEMs is tested a minimum of three times at varying stages of the build process. Naturally, no two sides are going to be perfectly balanced, so we have a tolerance that, in our research, is at or above those set forth by competing companies.

Please feel free to PM myself of FullCircle to discuss this topic further.

Nov 22, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #6,753 of 36,135
Run a linear sine sweep.

While doing so, you should-
Try different insertion depths.
Try different tips.
Try switching the earpieces to opposite ears, if possible.
Try the same on different IEMS.

If you're using an iPhone, I recommend AudioSigGen (free).

Software that can generate a sine sweep is also available on PC and on Android.

You can also find one or generate one on Audiocheck.net

Be aware that most IEMs have slight channel matching issues which will sound pretty drastic via a linear sine sweep, but will be practically unnoticeable when listening to music, but you say it's audible in music so....

Joker also mentioned recently in response to one of my posts that you can also try converting a couple of tracks to Mono and listening that way for channel imbalances.

If its a serious channel imbalance, I sincerely hope Noble will, at the least, look into it. AND if there is an issue, I would expect them to refund you return shipping if it's a manufacturer defect and still under warranty, you know cuz they pride themselves on doing the right thing for their customers, *ahem*.

And lastly, if an imbalance is confirmed swap the cable and do the same steps... U may find the culprit is the cable

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 22, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #6,754 of 36,135
And lastly, if an imbalance is confirmed swap the cable and do the same steps... U may find the culprit is the cable

+1
Swapping cable sides, if possible with the Noble cable and IEM design (not sure), might also test this without trying an entirely different cable, if you don't have another cable on hand.

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #6,755 of 36,135
Does anybody here gym with the K10 customs? Experiences?

I'm looking for a workout IEM and don't really want to put my K10s at risk.

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #6,756 of 36,135
Does anybody here gym with the K10 customs? Experiences?

I'm looking for a workout IEM and don't really want to put my K10s at risk.

imo, you'd have to be too rich or too stupid (or both)to do such a thing.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #6,758 of 36,135
  I am not entirely sure but I think I am having some minor channel imbalance issues with my unit (K10U). It's noticeable on some tracks. Can someone tell me how one tells whether there's an imbalance or not? Of course, I am still in the ''burn-in'' stage process, so maybe that has to do anything. 

This may be unique to me and my Hifiman HE6 since it has its own personal setup, but I also had this issue and discovered my desktop dac was wrongly configured (it's an audio-gd, so there were jumpers). So I also had to swap out my sources and amps before pinpointing the problem.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #6,760 of 36,135
So I am confused, are you rich and smart or poor and stupid
biggrin.gif

Yes 
atsmile.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #6,762 of 36,135
So I am confused, are you rich and smart or poor and stupid
biggrin.gif

My wish list is huge
I buy another earphone
To enjoy the sound

I have some money