Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 19, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #6,602 of 36,055
  Are we still posting the music we're listening to on our Noble products?

Totally mad about the new (and last) Röyksopp album!

Love this song!!! Thanks so much

Nov 19, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #6,603 of 36,055
I notice a few of you have the K10 and the Audeze LCD-3F. How do you think they compare? Obviously the comparison is a little unfair but, for example, the bass on my Unique Melody Miracles was much better than on any other headphones I've heard (including the Fostex TH900) and the soundstage was surprisingly large so I think there may be a comparison to be made.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #6,604 of 36,055
  Really?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/540#post_10051569
I know that Noble is having pretty good sales judging by all the photos of new ciems but I wonder how many people are actually holding off just for this Black Friday as last one Noble was still a new company and I think a lot of people weren't ready to shell out the cash but know things are different.

I am glad to be wrong then.
beerchug.gif

I should've checked this thread before ordering them last week :)

Nov 19, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #6,605 of 36,055
Tried the K10 today.. Any chance there'd be a K12 any time soon with a bit deeper (not more) sub bass?

Apparently, they easily go lower than 20Hz, the generally considered lower threshold of human hearing, give or take a couple dB.

Not that I doubt it, actually. But, it's a claim unsubstantiated, as far as I've seen.

Generally though, you'l see many large manufacturers claim extension down to like 5Hz in the specs, which they don't substantiate either. To be fair. But then again you don't see the head of say, Sony headphone division personally say it. Also to be fair.

What was your source?

Good question.

Hm901. Tried it both single ended and balanced from my twag cable.

Nov 20, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #6,606 of 36,055

I should've checked this thread before ordering them last week :)

You ordered the K10s? Nice!

Generally though, you'l see many large manufacturers claim extension down to like 5Hz in the specs, which they don't substantiate either. To be fair. But then again you don't see the head of say, Sony headphone division personally say it. Also to be fair.
Good question.

Sony claims that the XB1000 produces a FR between 2 Hz -30 kHz. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #6,607 of 36,055
I just ordered a pair of k10 universals and cant wait to have my first listen and 'taste' of a Noble product. I do have a question about them however, do i need to supply my own tips? Do they even need tips, i'm a bit confused. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #6,608 of 36,055
  I just ordered a pair of k10 universals and cant wait to have my first listen and 'taste' of a Noble product. I do have a question about them however, do i need to supply my own tips? Do they even need tips, i'm a bit confused. 

Awesome!

Yes, you need tips. All our universals ship with four different kinds of tips (soft silicone, hard silicone, double flange, foam) in three different sizes (small, medium, large).

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #6,609 of 36,055

Awesome!

Yes, you need tips. All our universals ship with four different kinds of tips (soft silicone, hard silicone, double flange, foam) in three different sizes (small, medium, large).

Sweet! Cant wait to receive them!. Any information about shipment to Australia? (Addicted to Audio)

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #6,610 of 36,055
I am seriously considering ordering a pair of the K10's but I wonder if someone could please confirm that where it says on the order page that you can go for the Wizard Re-print, does this mean that you can upload a picture of a previous Wizard design from say their Facebook page and have your K10's done in that same design?

Nov 20, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #6,611 of 36,055
  I am seriously considering ordering a pair of the K10's but I wonder if someone could please confirm that where it says on the order page that you can go for the Wizard Re-print, does this mean that you can upload a picture of a previous Wizard design from say their Facebook page and have your K10's done in that same design?

Yep, that's more or less what it is. They will do their best to re-create the same Wizard design of your choice.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #6,612 of 36,055

Awesome!

Which tip is recommended ideally? I guess I'm asking which one the K10U was tuned with by the Wizard or should be the "default" sound of the K10U.

Nov 20, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #6,613 of 36,055
Which tip is recommended ideally? I guess I'm asking which one the K10U was tuned with by the Wizard or should be the "default" sound of the K10U.

I would recommend the following:

JVC Spiral Dot
Aurisonics Sure seal
Ortofon ear tips

Tips with shorter stems seems to bring out the best from the Kaiser 10 universal IEMs.

Nov 20, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #6,615 of 36,055
anyone has a picture of the universal pair? still deciding on universal or custom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back