Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 17, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #5,882 of 36,120
It's surprising how little I can find on the Noble 3. I'm interested in buying the universal one but there aren't enough reviews (4~5). The v shape sounds exactly what I'm looking for but I'd love to see them in comparison to W4R, FA3EXB, Shures and whatever plays in their league.
Unfortunately it seems like quite a few people have fitting issues with the universals...

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #5,884 of 36,120
It's surprising how little I can find on the Noble 3. I'm interested in buying the universal one but there aren't enough reviews (4~5). The v shape sounds exactly what I'm looking for but I'd love to see them in comparison to W4R, FA3EXB, Shures and whatever plays in their league.
Unfortunately it seems like quite a few people have fitting issues with the universals...

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #5,886 of 36,120

Really impressive art work !! Yet noticed with previous products line.
Not to forget that sound remains the first criteria. K10 is often reviewed against Roxanne or SE5 but those two are to Bass ahead for Classical, more suited for Musicians Live.
I was wondering how the K10 compares with the Fitear C435 for Classical Music. Neutral signature, soundstage (left to right speaking of an Orchestra), sections placement, violins rendering, voices...

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #5,887 of 36,120

Nahh, the Prestige CAN be made out of solid wood....   but the above photo is a MIXED wood ("Wizard Wood") which is a mix of acrylic and wood fused together.  Essentially a piece of "punky" wood, or knotted up wood, is placed it in a container coupled with acrylic and pressure is applied. The acrylic is injected into the pores of the wood, and fusses to the wood, filling up gaps and crevices etc etc.  It actually converts a block of wood, that has no value due to the fact it has deteriorated over time and exposure, into a beautiful block of wood.

Basically anything that is solid, and is softer than steel we can build into a CIEM.

So a solid block of acrylic, wood, carbon glass or a mixture of those elements we can make a Prestige with.

John - Is the Northeastern Maple K10 posted by Brannan ~12 hours ago considered a "Wizard Wood" unit, and therefore a Prestige unit? Clearly the one in your email quoted here is a "Wizard Wood" unit, but less clear if the one with a much smaller chunk of wood in it is or not. Thanks!

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #5,888 of 36,120
  John - Is the Northeastern Maple K10 posted by Brannan ~12 hours ago considered a "Wizard Wood" unit, and therefore a Prestige unit? Clearly the one in your email quoted here is a "Wizard Wood" unit, but less clear if the one with a much smaller chunk of wood in it is or not. Thanks!

Seems to be a "standard" k10 Wizard design.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #5,889 of 36,120

Really impressive art work !! Yet noticed with previous products line.
Not to forget that sound remains the first criteria. K10 is often reviewed against Roxanne or SE5 but those two are to Bass ahead for Classical, more suited for Musicians Live.
I was wondering how the K10 compares with the Fitear C435 for Classical Music. Neutral signature, soundstage (left to right speaking of an Orchestra), sections placement, violins rendering, voices...

Soundstage, placement and locationing is superb with the K10. I'm rather fond of Keith Jarrett's Köln concert and I can pinpoint the guy coughing in the audience.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #5,890 of 36,120
reading through some posts and pages here...

It feels like attending art exhibiton
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #5,891 of 36,120

That is a wizard design ciem, not a prestige. The definening feature that indicates that it is not a prestige is that the shell does not contain wood as well. It is in fact a full acrylic shell, not a wood mix.

The face plate is a Wizard Wood, but not the shell

Other examples of the same concept are below

The face plates are all examples of wizard wood, but they are not prestige ciems as the shells are full acrylic

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 17, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #5,893 of 36,120

Nice Toyota.  You look to be an adventurous man. Hunting down wood for your Noble line?

If you've ever lived in Texas, you're basically required by law to own a truck at sometime in your life. 

It was great seeing Brannan and co. at RMAF. Brannan mentioned he had something new up his sleeve, and the Prestige didn't disappoint. Aesthetically, they're bleeding edge innovators.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back