Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #5,627 of 36,066

No that does not mean a sale

I AM DISAPPOINTED. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #5,629 of 36,066
Those ain't looking right... check the two weak spot in front of each impression. 
also the part behind the 2nd bend doesn't look too good.

However at least the whole ear was covered.
My K10 are good. the right one is perfect, the left one is sub perfect because I loose sealing when I move. That's because the lower part of the impression doesn't fit perfectly... That's exactly where the pull-out string of your impressions are placed... I don't know, but I don't thing your impressions are the perfect starting point... sorry.

My first pair of impressions were done in a very similar color, at a hearing aide store, only to be told it wasn't the right material. I went up to Chicago and had Brannan do them. Good luck, hope it's the right stuff..

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #5,630 of 36,066
Got impressions, will be placing order for K10 through my audiologist come Monday.

Will be choosing Wizard design, anybody know how much input we have in this? I really would like to see the Wizard's creativity but in a steampunk theme.

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #5,631 of 36,066
Got impressions, will be placing order for K10 through my audiologist come Monday.

Will be choosing Wizard design, anybody know how much input we have in this? I really would like to see the Wizard's creativity but in a steampunk theme.
To have a maximum input, you should get cogs and gears implanted into your face by a crazed German surgeon to get a FULL steampunk design and match your CIEMs.

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #5,632 of 36,066
To have a maximum input, you should get cogs and gears implanted into your face by a crazed German surgeon to get a FULL steampunk design and match your CIEMs.

Was intrigued so google imaged "gear skin implant".

No thanks :)

Sep 28, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #5,633 of 36,066
  It's the China National Day. The holiday span from 1 week to 10 ten days. So expect the delay effect will last for 2 weeks or so.

Yikes, add that to the already 2-3 week delay and mine could wind up taking over 3 months for delivery.

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #5,634 of 36,066
A thought occurred.  I doubt this is possible, but...

I wonder if you guys could somehow work a silicon wafer into the flaceplate on a CIEM unit.  I can't see this working, as it would be nigh on impossible to shape at all without either destroying the surface, or shattering it entirely, but something like that would definitely make for an interesting pair of earphones.

I see the same problems as with the guys that were wondering if some sort of gemstone could be used for a faceplace.  You'd essentially be trying to round off a piece of glass.  Just a thought... figured I'd share it.  Maybe a small Bismuth crystal?  Would be a lot easier to work with.

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #5,635 of 36,066
Wouldn't that look legit?  Whew.  I will say that Noble's Wizard designs are beautiful in pictures, and gorgeous in person. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #5,640 of 36,066

Users who are viewing this thread

Back