Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 23, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #5,566 of 36,116
  Just ordered a pair of 3C !

... I almost feel miserable to go for the low-end with no customization, all clear acrylic... I just hope they will receive the same attention and care as the beautiful gold-plated high-end ones I've seen in this thread.

Of course they will, its not like you are buying a $5 pair of CIEM's.

Sep 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #5,567 of 36,116

... I almost feel miserable to go for the low-end with no customization, all clear acrylic... I just hope they will receive the same attention and care as the beautiful gold-plated high-end ones I've seen in this thread.

Congrats! I love a clear CIEM. Please post pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #5,568 of 36,116

Of course they will, its not like you are buying a $5 pair of CIEM's.

$450 is no small amount of money to drop on a pair of IEMs, and the guys at Noble would give you the same effort no matter what you bought, for what my experience is worth.  And, I know I would have loved to have had the same transparent acrylic options for my universals, and would have gladly paid a little extra for it *cough cough cough*.  I'm sure you'll love your CIEMs when they get to you!

Any of you guys have recommendations for a good pair of thin and/or deep(er) ear tips?  Right now, I'm using Noble's smallest set of blue-barreled silicone tips with my N5s, and they certainly aren't bad, and neither are the medium foam ones, but I'm willing to spend $20 more for something that fits me a little better than 'not bad'.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Noble's set of tips, but me being a bit of a perfectionist is starting to show.  I can't for the life of me get the double-flanges to even remotely fit my ears, and have a feeling triple-flanges wouldn't fare much better.

If anyone needs me, I'll be surfing this right here nonstop for the next forty-eight hours. 
etysmile.gif
  And man, do I type too much.

Sep 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #5,569 of 36,116

Clear is an excellent choice. More importantly, if they make you smile, that's all that matters bro!! Hope you enjoy them!!

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #5,570 of 36,116
  ...Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Noble's set of tips, but me being a bit of a perfectionist is starting to show.  I can't for the life of me get the double-flanges to even remotely fit my ears, and have a feeling triple-flanges wouldn't fare much better....

That's the reason why I'm getting a CIEM instead of an universal set. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #5,577 of 36,116
  Has anyone had the Noble wizard logo on the faceplates of their earphones in blue as opposed to gold?  I was curious how it looks and so it would be great if someone could post a picture

A lot of people as it also glows in the dark https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio/photos_stream
Here's the most recent 

[size=12.8000001907349px]but could it be that you're asking about Wizard's signature and not the logo?[/size]

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #5,578 of 36,116
  Has anyone had the Noble wizard logo on the faceplates of their earphones in blue as opposed to gold?  I was curious how it looks and so it would be great if someone could post a picture

Mine is in turquoise.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #5,579 of 36,116
  That's the reason why I'm getting a CIEM instead of an universal set. 

I fully agree with you, Nevin, and would add that universal form in an expensive iem is a considerable step down in fit and quality, including in sound, and I wonder at the people who would shell out mucho bucks on a gazillion dollar iem and wouldn't go the extra length to have them custom fitted.
Then again, not that my ear channels are small but  the entrance is and I could not though I tried many, find a tip that could fit and stay in my ear.
When I went to the audiologist, it only cost me $35, and he did a great job. That was over two years ago.

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #5,580 of 36,116

I fully agree with you, Nevin, and would add that universal form in an expensive iem is a considerable step down in fit and quality, including in sound, and I wonder at the people who would shell out mucho bucks on a gazillion dollar iem and wouldn't go the extra length to have them custom fitted.
Then again, not that my ear channels are small but  the entrance is and I could not though I tried many, find a tip that could fit and stay in my ear.
When I went to the audiologist, it only cost me $35, and he did a great job. That was over two years ago.

Well, some people prefer things simple - no need to look for a good audiologist, no need send impressions across the world, no need to wait weeks and even months to finally get the final product, no need to worry whether the fit will turn out good or you'll have to go to the previous steps again which adds even more additional expenses and a lot of time wasted.
Also, not to mention that when your family and friends ask you about it and why did you spend so much you'll have to describe to them why instead of just letting them listen to it as you can with universals. Maybe you can't get a good fit with anything but ciems but most people have tons of tips and at least with a few of them the universal iem will fit well and sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back