Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #5,581 of 36,135
Well, some people prefer things simple - no need to look for a good audiologist, no need send impressions across the world, no need to wait weeks and even months to finally get the final product, no need to worry whether the fit will turn out good or you'll have to go to the previous steps again which adds even more additional expenses and a lot of time wasted.
Also, not to mention that when your family and friends ask you about it and why did you spend so much you'll have to describe to them why instead of just letting them listen to it as you can with universals. Maybe you can't get a good fit with anything but ciems but most people have tons of tips and at least with a few of them the universal iem will fit well and sound good.

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer iems, over ciems, but I also feel that I shouldn't have to sacrifice flare & spice as well,,,

That is why Noble also offers Wizard iems. I'd love to have a larger selection, but I've been really busy as of late, but your post has inspired me to stretch the limits

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 24, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #5,582 of 36,135
I've been going back and forth for months between K10 and Roxannes. I definitely have enough bass headphones, I think i want to try something a little different, bass when it's needed, but uber clarity, nice treble, and excellent mids. I don't know why this has been so difficult to decide. I almost bought the Noble 4 yesterday... But I think I need more bass.

Sorry for the long post of rambling

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #5,583 of 36,135
More bass than K10s and Roxannes? Have you tried the SE846? I currently have those and have bought K10s as an upgrade and for a custom fit, but the SE846 will be sticking around in my collection because it's bass performance is epic, but not bloated ever. I'm looking forward to comparing the K10 sound with them.

Sep 24, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #5,584 of 36,135
More bass than K10s and Roxannes? Have you tried the SE846? I currently have those and have bought K10s as an upgrade and for a custom fit, but the SE846 will be sticking around in my collection because it's bass performance is epic, but not bloated ever. I'm looking forward to comparing the K10 sound with them.

More bass than the 4C, from what I read. The K10 has more bass ability than the 4C.

Incidentally, I also have both the K10 and the SE846. The K10 is the one I always reach for. I keep the SE846 around for when I want to have a higher baseline bass performance. I feel like the 846 definitely has the subwoofer feeling at all times, but I find that I prefer the lack of extra emphasis in any one part of the sound spectrum, which is why I still prefer the K10. The K10 can definitely hit just as hard and just as deep as the SE846, it just gets more out of the way when not called for and let's the other parts of the spectrum shine.

If you like a constant bass presence, you might prefer the SE846. Sometimes I am in the mood for that, and that is when I will reach for the 846.

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #5,585 of 36,135
On their way to California !

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5,586 of 36,135

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I have the 8s and some other heavy bass phones that I love. I was looking to diversify a little, something lighter in the bass department. I was going to order the Noble 4,but I was worried they would be too light. Now I'm back on the K10 kick. Thinking bass will be there when I need it.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #5,587 of 36,135
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I have the 8s and some other heavy bass phones that I love. I was looking to diversify a little, something lighter in the bass department. I was going to order the Noble 4,but I was worried they would be too light. Now I'm back on the K10 kick. Thinking bass will be there when I need it.

Aahh. I understand. That's exactly why I chose the K10s - more neutral / balanced and resolving than the 846, but still with plenty of punch when needed (based on everything I've read)

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #5,589 of 36,135
Aahh. I understand. That's exactly why I chose the K10s - more neutral / balanced and resolving than the 846, but still with plenty of punch when needed (based on everything I've read)

That's what I have read everywhere. These will be my first custom, I suppose that's why I'm being super cautious. Universals you can sell a but easier, obviously. Plus, I've yet to read anything negative about the K10. I'd love to see them compared to my Ref1, which is my favorite IEM. I know there sound signature is a little different, just not sure how much.

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #5,590 of 36,135
That's what I have read everywhere. These will be my first custom, I suppose that's why I'm being super cautious. Universals you can sell a but easier, obviously. Plus, I've yet to read anything negative about the K10. I'd love to see them compared to my Ref1, which is my favorite IEM. I know there sound signature is a little different, just not sure how much.

I'll be able to let you know soon enough, as I've demoed the smooth and crystal clear sounding K10, own the SE846 (with SCS), and will be reviewing the Ref. 1 in due time. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #5,591 of 36,135
I'll be able to let you know soon enough, as I've demoed the smooth and crystal clear sounding K10, own the SE846 (with SCS), and will be reviewing the Ref. 1 in due time. :wink_face:

Lol... I heard that rumor about the Ref1!! Seriously, I'm looking forward to your review... see how they compare, should be very interesting.

Sep 24, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #5,592 of 36,135
Lol... I heard that rumor about the Ref1!! Seriously, I'm looking forward to your review... see how they compare, should be very interesting.

I'm looking forward to it and should be very interesting as well.  I will try to use as many sizes-fit-all tips and cables that will be in my possession (not very many, but more than the stock) to create the review.  Probably will take me a full day to create...I'll try to make it succinct, but you know how I write. 
normal_smile .gif

Sep 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #5,595 of 36,135
  Well, some people prefer things simple - no need to look for a good audiologist, no need send impressions across the world, no need to wait weeks and even months to finally get the final product, no need to worry whether the fit will turn out good or you'll have to go to the previous steps again which adds even more additional expenses and a lot of time wasted.
Also, not to mention that when your family and friends ask you about it and why did you spend so much you'll have to describe to them why instead of just letting them listen to it as you can with universals. Maybe you can't get a good fit with anything but ciems but most people have tons of tips and at least with a few of them the universal iem will fit well and sound good.

Yes I agree as well, able to have choices is a good thing. IEM certainly is much less hassle than buying an CIEM. Maybe in one day when the technology is advanced enough we can have CIEM much more easily. 

However, have you consider to use molded-tip for your IEM? I've been using one for mine for a couple of years and they are very good. Mine is made directly by the audiologist so you don't need to send it somewhere multiple times for fit and wait long long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back