Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 17, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #3,556 of 36,055
Does anyone know when lot #2 of the wizard design iems will be available. I think I need a "dress" pair to go with my "everyday" pair.

I have about five sets of Wizard IEMs here in addition to the ones pictured a few pages back, it is shaping up to be a big lot with a variety of configurations notably the 5, 6, and FR. They all look fantastic, but haven't been photographed yet.

I am heading out of town this weekend and then returning early next week to gear up for AXPONA. Will try to post them before the show, so look for them next Tuesday or Wednesday. Shipping probably the following week.

I'll post something here once the site has been updated.

Apr 17, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #3,557 of 36,055
I have about five sets of Wizard IEMs here in addition to the ones pictured a few pages back, it is shaping up to be a big lot with a variety of configurations notably the 5, 6, and FR. They all look fantastic, but haven't been photographed yet.

I am heading out of town this weekend and then returning early next week to gear up for AXPONA. Will try to post them before the show, so look for them next Tuesday or Wednesday. Shipping probably the following week.

I'll post something here once the site has been updated.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. Looking forward to seeing them and maybe getting a new pair of 6's.

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #3,558 of 36,055
I purchased a set of Noble 6's when they came out and I have no complaints with the build quality or the SQ.  The cable is lighter than the Magnus cable I purchased as part of my 4.Ai. Part of this is due to the heavy plug.  I like the heft and tactile aspect of the Magnus but the standard Noble cable is fine. I suppose if you want a heavier cable you could aways swap out the Noble cable with a Magnus. I know this is likely heresy but I have purchased aftermarket IEM cables costing hundreds and I honestly didn't hear a meaningful difference in the SQ.

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #3,560 of 36,055
  Hello everyone, I'm planning to purchase my first CIEM, the Noble K10. I've never gotten impressions of my ears done before, so I have a few questions to make sure I know the Audiologist does everything correctly.

When getting the impressions done, what parts of the ear should be included? Which way should I bite the block? Does anyone have any tips on how to get the BEST results? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you

here you go Travis, print off a copy & hand to your Audiologist... let me know if you're in UK, we have a top lady we use.

http://nobleaudio.com/support/impressions-instructions/

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #3,561 of 36,055

When getting the impressions done, what parts of the ear should be included? Which way should I bite the block? Does anyone have any tips on how to get the BEST results? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit

and some associated discussion here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/1530#post_10176492

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,562 of 36,055
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit

and some associated discussion here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/1530#post_10176492

Highly recommend reading that first link.  I feel that following it made the difference in getting a good fit - esp. knowing that when I open my mouth past a certain point my jaw muscles begin to clench which could be counter-productive.  I practiced before getting impressions done so I could hold a bite block without clenching.

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3,563 of 36,055
I see very few comments on the universals, and more specifically the build quality.

The customs may be better, but for those of you considering the universal nobles-
My 2 cents:

I'm sorry but has anyone else been disappointed in the build quality of the Noble universals?

They feel like they're made of cheap plastic and the plastic molds just look like they're not top notch either. The cord feels "cheap" and doesn't look great. The eartips also seem to be pretty cheap Chinese mass manufactured, and semi usable.

For $350+ headphones....it's kinda disappointing.

I have $100-200 headphones that feel like they're better built than the nobles. Ex: etymotic plastic etc.

The case is nice though. Maybe the drivers ate up all the cost of production
smily_headphones1.gif

No, I'm very happy with my N6 iems. They look quite nice and I have no issues with the build quality. I don't know what your problem with the wire is. I love it, might not look durable to you but I think it's quite durable. Like the magnus cable. Probably one of the best wires I've had on any iem.  

Apr 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #3,566 of 36,055
It had been a long time that I dint in headfi.

I like k10, I guess I can use it for several year.
Any one had experience other cables behind sliver widow?
Sliver widow improve the details into another level :)
Btw, am I have a small ear? The earphone almost reach the eardrum compare to my 8a.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3,567 of 36,055
I gave a measured answer to your post and Head-Fi'ers will speak their mind for bad or good no matter what I say or do.

lastly, if you don't like our products what do you really expect me to say?... choosing another brand is all I can recommend if you see that as condescending so be it.
I think a headfier should be able to speak his mind without a MOT, so someone who obviously can not be detached and subjective, jumping at his throat in a condescending manner.

The Wizard's answer on the other hand was much more measured and informative.

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,568 of 36,055
Just a quick update- I've had my K10's for about 2 months now and I'm still greatly enjoying them! They are perfect for my commute on the DC metro (if you've never been, I recommend you 'surf' the metro.  Stand up, don't hold onto railings.  It's fun).  I can almost completely isolate myself from my surroundings.  It's kind of profound listening to Vivaldi (classical sounds amazing on the K10's) and watching the morning commute chaos unfold around me.  

One problem I have experienced is that people notice the K10's.  They don't know what kind of headphones they are, and when they ask questions, I can't hear them.

I plan on writing a review after I can get my hands on a better source (to evaluate how well they scale), but I can tell you that they sound amazing straight out of an iPhone.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3,570 of 36,055
I think a headfier should be able to speak his mind without a MOT, so someone who obviously can not be detached and subjective, jumping at his throat in a condescending manner.

The Wizard's answer on the other hand was much more measured and informative.

I'm not always that cordial

But the poster did (in his own way) voice several concerns I had originally as well for the shell

The cable on the other hand, I really can't agree with. Just by counting the number of wires braided alone would indicate superior strength when compared to most cables issued as standard in the industry. Most cables are 3 braided with a solder point splitter.

1) the cable we use is 4 braided
2) the cable we use does not have a soldered splitter

4 braids = stronger
No solder point = one less point of failure

Yes the shell is somewhat dull. But as I said before, I had a very shiny demo to begin with, as I had requested the shell to be shiny. ( mirror finish to be exact). When I complained about how easy the demo would shatter the supplier looked at me like I was an idiot, and explained to me that in order to get the shine I wanted, a less durable plastic had to be used. He said if I wanted durable, then I had to accept a duller finish..... I opted for durability

Folks.... The thing is, I've been doing this pert near 10 years. I spent about 6 years learning, researching etc etc. part of that learning was done by doing repair work. There is/was a company out there that used a housing made of plastic that would break very easily. I didn't want to have such a product.

So we ended up with a shell, made up of a strong plastic, with redundant mechanisms to secure the face plate (glue & screws). The stem is fairly short, and stubby. Not much leverage can be placed on it, thus eliminating broken stems.

The socket is slightly recessed, thus forming a better looking junction point between cable and the IEM

Even so, the standard format IEM is not jaw dropping gorgeous

The IEM is practical, it certainly isn't luxurious.

It is a BMW 318, not an Alpina BMW. Faulting it due to the fact it is a 318 is obtuse... As it is, what it is..... If one wants Alpina level workmanship, the Wizard design is the way to
go.

The shell housing is still made of durable plastic, the difference is, it is sanded and lacquered yielding a mirror level finish.

Cheers

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back