Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #3,287 of 36,135
  Well, I've had my Kaiser 10's for almost 4 weeks now. I've been pretty quiet about them because I've wanted to get acclimated before I spout off nonsense. I figured I would post this here, as there's no "K10 Appreciation" thread.

Don't take this as a full "review". Just my impressions, thoughts, etc. 

Reading this Review just makes me want to get a set of K-10s for my own, just need to get to saving up 
biggrin.gif
 at least I have some time to decide on what I want them to look like!
I have to say I do like the wooden face plates can add such character to the CIEM. 

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone interested in my impression taking services. Please check me out on my website aid2hearing.co.uk for details and offer flexible times for appointments.

Though I may be some time before I am ready to get some CIEMs, I will certainly check out your services as you are fairly close to me.

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3,288 of 36,135
Reading this Review just makes me want to get a set of K-10s for my own, just need to get to saving up :D  at least I have some time to decide on what I want them to look like!
I have to say I do like the wooden face plates can add such character to the CIEM. 

Though I may be some time before I am ready to get some CIEMs, I will certainly check out your services as you are fairly close to me.
Great thanks.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #3,290 of 36,135
Yes most definitely can do verification and shopping. Just ask ..

Hi Giselle. Welcome aboard. 
biggrin.gif

Is this just ear-impressions? Will it be expanded upon later to include things like impression verification and shipping? Would be convenient. 
tongue_smile.gif

mate I think you just got mugged off... remember Giselle is a woman and 'shopping' was not a typo, did you really think she'd be 'shipping' ear-impressions when there's credit-cards for verification & shoe-shopping to be done, my Obi-Sister has abused my sensibilities taught me well.
wink_face.gif

moving on... has the Gumpy one spilled the beans yet?

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,291 of 36,135

mate I think you just got mugged off... remember Giselle is a woman and 'shopping' was not a typo, did you really think she'd be 'shipping' ear-impressions when there's credit-cards for verification & shoe-shopping to be done, my Obi-Sister has abused my sensibilities taught me well.
wink_face.gif

moving on... has the Gumpy one spilled the beans yet?

No Gumpy has not, strict NDA requires me to remain silent. Since I am the only one getting it to review outside of Noble, I want to make sure I have a proper fit, then give a review that helps people decide on the purchase.

Apr 8, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,292 of 36,135
Wow you got the great end of a deal there then... Being the only one to have a review unit... Wish i could hear it too :frowning2:

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,296 of 36,135
I received my K10s yesterday. The buying experience, information from Noble, etc. was all top rate. I have had CIEMs before from UE (18 and UERM), JHA (JH16) and Westone (ES5). I could never get a perfect seal and comfort at the same time so I had sold them all and was currently using an IE 800. The fit of the Nobles is perfect. Maybe this is just my lucky time around or maybe Noble has better manufacturing. Either way I am happy that at last I have CIEMs that seal very well and are still very comfortable.

I bought these based on the reviews I read here since I did not have access to any demos. I am happy to say it meets and exceeds all my expectations. The bass is very present as I like it (as you can tell from me liking the IE 800). It is very well controlled and musical. Listening to jazz recordings the bass sounds like I am in the club hearing each note being played. For anyone who does not like the IE 800 bass the Nobles are not as bass heavy as the IE 800 but still have very nice amount. The mids are more than a match to the IE 800 which I thought until now produced the best vocals. I think the Noble mids are a step above the IE 800, a bit smoother but not rolled off at all. Guitars and piano sound very authentic. The highs is where the Nobles are so much better than the IE800 and any other IEM I had ever listened to. Not harsh at all, no sibilance but still very well extended and detailed.

It has been a while since I sold the previous CIEMs I had so I cannot really compare. But from memory these are the best sounding ones I have ever heard.

I did not go for a Wizard design which was a tough choice to make. Maybe I will when a new flagship comes out down the road.

Nabil

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #3,298 of 36,135
Hey, what's going price for a impression? These yahoos are charging me $65 per ear tomorrow. Am I getting ripped, or is that going rate?

I paid $45 for a pair of impressions in Seattle. However, looking around, the rates seem to be very random so shopping around could be in your best interest. One point of interest is to ask if they are familiar with producing impressions for CIEMs as they can be different than impression for hearing aids based on previous advice i received. The Wizard could probably speak to that better, but I chose my audiologist based on price and experience with CIEMs. The audiologist also had an appropriate shipping box and packing materials they provided for me as part of the cost due to their experience with shipping out CIEM impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back