Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #2,611 of 36,055
Im really starting to like the k10s now after having an extensive AB with Roxanne. K10 makes you really sing and I fully agree with what Kunlun said "Music comes alive with this tuning and the Kaiser has a way of making drawing you into your music."

Roxanne sounds dark to me and the highs are laid back leaving me wanting for more which makes the k10's highs very very impressive for me.. The extension and especially the decay is really addicting.

Long live Noble

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #2,612 of 36,055
Im really starting to like the k10s now after having an extensive AB with Roxanne. K10 makes you really sing and I fully agree with what Kunlun said "Music comes alive with this tuning and the Kaiser has a way of making drawing you into your music."

Roxanne sounds dark to me and the highs are laid back leaving me wanting for more which makes the k10's highs very very impressive for me.. The extension and especially the decay is really addicting.

Long live Noble

Agree. Roxanne's treble is really lacking compared to K10. It's either too sibilant (low bass gain) or too laid (high bass gain) back. JH13 FP does much better in the treble area.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #2,613 of 36,055
Agree. Roxanne's treble is really lacking compared to K10. It's either too sibilant (low bass gain) or too laid (high bass gain) back. JH13 FP does much better in the treble area.

I just ABed these two a while ago..i'd rather pick the 13's highs and I do find more clarity in the mids on my 13Fp than Roxanne at 11 o' clock
I dont know how much more improvement will the Rox have in burn in but im a little disappointed coz the upper mids are off for me and the k10 impresses me on this. Im convinced on the k10. But for now, I'd rather pick the 13fp over Rox as it burns in

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,614 of 36,055
I just ABed these two a while ago.. I do find more clarity in the mids on my 13Fp than Roxanne at 11 o' clock
I dont know how much more improvement will the Rox have in burn in but im a little disappointed coz the upper mids are off for me and the k10 impresses me on this. Im convinced on the k10. But for now, I'd rather pick the 13fp over Rox as it burns in

Me too, I pick JH13 FP over Roxanne after burning in for 2 weeks..the sound didn't change much. I really want to stop believing this burn in thing, but there are just people keep telling me to burn in them properly before making comments..*_*

JH13 FP's mid range is more forward and neutral than roxanne. JH13's treble is more extended than Roxanne giving it high level of detail, clarity and resolution. JH 13's lower treble is more linear than the lifted one in Roxanne which can make the sound harsh/thin on some songs.

K10 to my ears is even a little more neutral and musical than JH13 FP.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2,616 of 36,055
Me too, I pick JH13 FP over Roxanne after burning in for 2 weeks..the sound didn't change much. I really want to stop believing this burn in thing, but there are just people keep telling me to burn in them properly before making comments..*_*

JH13 FP's mid range is more forward and neutral than roxanne. JH13's treble is more extended than Roxanne giving it high level of detail, clarity and resolution. JH 13's lower treble is more linear than the lifted one in Roxanne which can make the sound harsh/thin on some songs.

K10 to my ears is even a little more neutral and musical than JH13 FP.

Well for me, the thickness of the vocals of Roxanne makes it more intimate or forward than the 13. while the 13's vocals would sound very thin next to Roxanne. The highs of 13 has just more presence but I do find the highs of Rox a little more detailed and extended it's just that it's laid back and lost a lot of spark for me which k10 grabs this to both lol

Yeah MUSICAL!

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #2,618 of 36,055
Well for me, the thickness of the vocals of Roxanne makes it more intimate or forward than the 13. while the 13's vocals would sound very thin next to Roxanne. The highs of 13 has just more presence but I do find the highs of Rox a little more detailed and extended it's just that it's laid back and lost a lot of spark for me which k10 grabs this to both lol

Maybe that's due to different bass settings, but generally I find the vocals on 13 FP are more forward for me because it has more upper mid presentation, roxanne might have thicker vocals when the bass is turned up. I used a TWAG V2 cable on my JH13, so maybe it's not fair to compare, but JH13 FP to my ears has significant more treble extension, overall it's more transparent. I do understand your point about Roxanne being more detailed, because of the lift at 8K Hz. It throws the instruments even more forward than JH13 FP (that has better depth). But it lacks of micro detail and treble smoothness (not warmth) compared to JH13 FP. Roxanne has very similar mid and treble presentation compared to my old JH16 non-FP which didn't really impress me.

Anyways:wink: K10 is much better on vocals than both of these two. 
redface.gif

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #2,619 of 36,055

you may want to ask the Wizard about burn-in with BA's... you might be surprised by the answer.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #2,620 of 36,055

you may want to ask the Wizard about burn-in with BA's... you might be surprised by the answer.

Sounds interesting. :) I just haven't experienced much from burn-in at all. Maybe they did change a little, I just didn't listen hard enough to notice them :)

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #2,623 of 36,055
Since i can't get a CIEM. Which Noble Universal sounds nearest to K10 ? 

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #2,625 of 36,055
Maybe that's due to different bass settings, but generally I find the vocals on 13 FP are more forward for me because it has more upper mid presentation, roxanne might have thicker vocals when the bass is turned up. I used a TWAG V2 cable on my JH13, so maybe it's not fair to compare, but JH13 FP to my ears has significant more treble extension, overall it's more transparent. I do understand your point about Roxanne being more detailed, because of the lift at 8K Hz. It throws the instruments even more forward than JH13 FP (that has better depth). But it lacks of micro detail and treble smoothness (not warmth) compared to JH13 FP. Roxanne has very similar mid and treble presentation compared to my old JH16 non-FP which didn't really impress me.

Anyways:wink: K10 is much better on vocals than both of these two. :xf_eek:  

I used a hybrid twag v3 before it made the presentation very thick and I went back to the stock cable. I also read that the frequency response of the Rox is like the non fp versions of 16 or 13 maybe..

I do find Rox is more forward sounding than k10. K10has a slight lift on vocals but still not ur face type of vocals and still not as forward like Roxanne. The clarity for me is just not there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back