Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 3, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #2,341 of 36,042
Read the reviews, guys - at least I'm not the only nutter hailing the K10 as the 8th wonder of the world. 

We're all mad in here.

Mar 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #2,342 of 36,042
Man you're like the Katalyst of my K10 Kravings, your review was so eloquent and moving and after a long look at similarly well written to others, quite viable. Then there's something inside me that's haunting my dreams to let me give the SE5way a chance, I think I'll end up trying out the SE3way universal version (that's if I'm not completely floored with the Kaisers and wouldn't want to put another single thing in my ears at first impression, which is quite possible lol) with the K10 in some intimate listening tests with Joni Mitchell and Joanna Newsom sitting on my lap ;3. Very exciting developments all around in any case!

Mar 3, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #2,343 of 36,042
Stop it, please. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need an upgrade from the 8.A.
wink.gif

You do need the UPGRADE:wink:

To me, the K10 sounds like the best of the LCD2v2, The HD800 and the HE500 in one.

Yep, that good.

Lol that's going a little too far is it? 
wink.gif

I do agree K10's signature is actually similar to HE500 (didn't think of it until you mentioned it), a little close to LCD 2, not much. HD800 is quite different to my ears though.

No doubt K10 is good. :) 

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2,348 of 36,042
Hehe, looks like Noble Audio is definitely where my eyes and ears will be going soon. Everything I've read so far is wonderful, especially the tenacity of Dr. Moulton. 

I have an HE-6 right now, but I've been looking for an IEM to match its prowess (with much less finickyness, at that!). The big elephant in high end audio is once you acclimate to a certain level of sound quality, there's no going back...

In terms of IEMs, the best I have to my name are a pair of Brainwavz B2's. I'm not moving too fast, am I? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #2,353 of 36,042

And this is why, Sorensiim, your reviews will not be taken seriously by me 
redface.gif

That's fair enough, there are reviewers that I know I don't agree with, so I don't give too much weight to their opinions.

That being said, the K10 really does sound like the best of all three to me. Crazy levels of detail and layering like the HD800 with a neutral-but-slightly-warm signature somewhere between the HD800 and the HE500 with the speed and bass slam of the LCD2v2. You are, off course, entitled to your own opinion but there you have mine. Off course the K10 can't match the crazy vast soundscape of the HD800 - we're comparing CIEMs to full-size open headphones - but I still think the analogy holds up.

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #2,355 of 36,042

Users who are viewing this thread

Back