Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #2,326 of 36,046

P.S. In regards to the obvious quote, Tupac, in all you would say that both the Kaiser and the Earsonics are technically similar; with the EM32's tuning being slightly more bass and lower mid oriented? And if you don't mind me asking, how do the Earsonics compare to your 5ways?

I tend to use this word carefully because of the complicated relationship between "technical ability" and "sound performance". Because sometimes you will hear people say A is technically superior than B, however B performs music better than A.  I don't see it that way, I think if a earphone doesn't have technical ability, it certainly don't perform well to my ears. However here I don't mean "technical" as how bright the treble is, how clear the instruments are presented, how wide is the soundstage or how much the bass can bloat your ears, rather than how well balanced, how linear the sound is, and how each frequency range integrated well with the others (providing the drivers are technically functional), which IMO can bring me closest to the music.

So, IMO I think SM3 is technically better than JH16 when JH16 seems to be technically superior with better bass impact/deepness and instrument clarity, obviously no one will agree with me here. Anyways.

To my ears, yes, K10 is on the same level as EM32, they do well in different areas. I would put it this way, K10 is more versatile, it can cover more genres of music, while EM32 can make certain genres exceptionally enjoyable, especially on the music that requires great dynamics. This is what Ear sonics good at IMO..

As far as SE5 vs EM32, they actually share some similarities in terms of note attack and decay, but SE5's mid and treble are more linear with more coherent presentation. Although EM32 has more bass emphasis, SE5 has greater bass capacity and it goes deeper, giving me a better experiences on bass heavy songs. SE5' soundstage is slightly larger. The resolution, dynamics are about the same on both. While SE5 is slightly on the warmer side of neutral, EM32 is warmer than SE5. As I mentioned in the other thread, EM32 can sometimes make you think it's trying to exaggerate micro details. SE5 perform micro detail more effortlessly in this regard. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2,327 of 36,046
Okay, I really appreciate you taking the time to consider that, and your post answered a lot of concerns! If only there were a way to demo the other two, between them all, I'd be able to identify my preferred sound sign more. But anyways, my appreciation for such a magical product really goes out to Noble, so far my customer service experience has been top notch and I can't expect anything less than relief and bliss once they arrive with a grand fit!

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #2,328 of 36,046
  I tend to use this word carefully because of the complicated relationship between "technical ability" and "sound performance". 

Not to single out this post, or post-er, but whenever I hear this usage of technical ability,, or its variants, I am reminded of a famous Mark Twain quote  

""Apparently, Wagner's music is better than it sounds."

I always interpret this usage of 'technical ability' to mean something like it doesn't sound as good as the measurements tell me it should.  Or, that it is 'neutral', but loses the soul and emotion of the music, or lastly,  I prefer a highly colored sound which this lacks......

All this in the context of being exceedingly happy with my N6, and wondering what awaits with a K10.  All this talk of bass makes me worry, since good bass (tight, articulate, but with weight, body, and power, that blends in with the rest of the frequency range) is very expensive, and many people have never heard it in their speaker systems of their headphones.....

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #2,330 of 36,046
Hey guys,

I've just naively stumbled into the world of portable hi-fi, and noble audio is a very exciting prospect for me. To get some perspective, I'm wondering if anyone can articulate the signatures of noble's different models in terms of full-sized models? That would absolutely help me in my search as i decide. I'm currently perceiving, probably incorrectly, that the 8c is somewhat an audeze-like signature whereas the k10 is something more neutral like an hd-800. Thanks in advanced for your help!

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #2,331 of 36,046
I have not heard K10 but I demoed HD800 with high quality amplification for quite a long time; if I consider what I read about K10 so far, I don't think K10 is like HD800.

I think, maybe, 4C can share similarities with HD800 sound signature rather than K10 but then again, I am talking about sound signature similarities.

I didn't hear many high end cans so I can't really match K10 with something but I am sure some other fellas can help you in here.

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #2,332 of 36,046
  I have not heard K10 but I demoed HD800 with high quality amplification for quite a long time; if I consider what I read about K10 so far, I don't think K10 is like HD800.

I think, maybe, 4C can share similarities with HD800 sound signature rather than K10 but then again, I am talking about sound signature similarities.

I didn't hear many high end cans so I can't really match K10 with something but I am sure some other fellas can help you in here.

I was going to say this. I'm waiting on my K10 still but I've heard the HD800 and by what I've read from reviews I don't think the K10 will sound like the HD800. I think the K10 will be warmer, a little more bassier, but still leaning on the neutral side.. whereas the HD800 is very neutral. Again, this is just my thoughts from impressions so far from the users here.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #2,333 of 36,046
an ode to the departed, Bye Bye Blackbird

Pack up all my care and woe
Here I go, singing low
Bye-bye, 8C

Where somebody waits for me
Sugar's sweet and so is he
Bye, bye, N6

No one here can love and understand me
Oh, what hard-luck stories they all hand me
Make my bed, light the light, I'll arrive late tonight
K-10, toot-a-lou

Here I go, sing a little bye, N6
Bye Bye, 8C

You'd better make my bed
And light the light, I'll arrive late tonight
K-10, bye-bye

confused_face.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #2,335 of 36,046
  an ode to the departed, Bye Bye Blackbird

Pack up all my care and woe
Here I go, singing low
Bye-bye, 8C

Bye, bye, N6

Make my bed, light the light, I'll arrive late tonight
K-10, toot-a-lou

Here I go, sing a little bye, N6
Bye Bye, 8C

You'd better make my bed
And light the light, I'll arrive late tonight
K-10, bye-bye

confused_face.gif

I'm sorry but I bust out laughing at the thought of someone tirelessly working on a poem  for their precious CIEM who left them for another
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #2,336 of 36,046

I'm sorry but I bust out laughing at the thought of someone tirelessly working on a poem  for their precious CIEM who left them for another
biggrin.gif

Well, not quite, my friend... I think you missed the musical reference:

http://www.paulmccartney.com/albums/songs/27313-bye-bye-blackbird-live

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #2,337 of 36,046
Hey guys,

I've just naively stumbled into the world of portable hi-fi, and noble audio is a very exciting prospect for me. To get some perspective, I'm wondering if anyone can articulate the signatures of noble's different models in terms of full-sized models? That would absolutely help me in my search as i decide. I'm currently perceiving, probably incorrectly, that the 8c is somewhat an audeze-like signature whereas the k10 is something more neutral like an hd-800. Thanks in advanced for your help!

To me, the K10 sounds like the best of the LCD2v2, The HD800 and the HE500 in one.

Yep, that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back