Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 30, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,831 of 36,040

What, a sample?
tongue.gif

yuh huh.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,833 of 36,040
Got my K10s (the beautiful pink feather ones), and they look even better in person. Feminine, funky, young, but not too flashy, IMO.

Now, to listen and compare after I workout and do college stuff. The sound straight out of my iPhone for one (then two... then three) song(s) was addictive, but that's all I can say for now because I was and still am on the move.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #1,835 of 36,040
Sure you're not talking about yourself? :wink_face:

As per usual, John and the team did a very nice job of your K10s. I hope you enjoy the music they make.

LOL, I would replace funky with demure.

I agree. They aren't just eye candy, that is for sure.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #1,836 of 36,040
OK, seriously, now, in what sense do you actually mean? Do you mean a sample of silicone adhesive or a sample photograph, or what? :popcorn:

Where would you get one to try to stick it on a rig?

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #1,840 of 36,040
  I think he's asking if you can recommend a brand/type of silicone to use?

There are a thousand different brands across the globe, depending on where you live. I'd go for something with a medium modulus of elasticity (silicone is sold according to whether it is high or low modulus of elasticity). If there is a limited range of choice where you live, and you can only choose between high or low, then either will work, but high would be better than low because it is firmer.

Also try to ensure you obtain one with a low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) content.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #1,841 of 36,040
This question is just out of casual curiosity, and it's aimed at anyone, including JM:

Has anyone ever tried amping the humble J3 from its headphone-out?

I know the J3 isn't exactly 'audiophilia' personified, but I'd still be interested to know how it performs when amped. I imagine it'd sound pretty respectable with a Vorz or Portaphile connected between it and a pair of K10s.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #1,842 of 36,040
Got my K10s (the beautiful pink feather ones), and they look even better in person. Feminine, funky, young, but not too flashy, IMO.

Now, to listen and compare after I workout and do college stuff. The sound straight out of my iPhone for one (then two... then three) song(s) was addictive, but that's all I can say for now because I was and still am on the move.

Looking forward to your impressions and how the K10 compare to the UERM and Roxannes.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,843 of 36,040
  This question is just out of casual curiosity, and it's aimed at anyone, including JM:

Has anyone ever tried amping the humble J3 from its headphone-out?

I know the J3 isn't exactly 'audiophilia' personified, but I'd still be interested to know how it performs when amped. I imagine it'd sound pretty respectable with a Vorz or Portaphile connected between it and a pair of K10s.

I tried my J3 with a Cmoy I have on hand before, and preferred that to the HO straight.

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #1,844 of 36,040
Where would you get one to try to stick it on a rig?

I think he's asking if you can recommend a brand/type of silicone to use?

There are a thousand different brands across the globe, depending on where you live. I'd go for something with a medium modulus of elasticity (silicone is sold according to whether it is high or low modulus of elasticity). If there is a limited range of choice where you live, and you can only choose between high or low, then either will work, but high would be better than low because it is firmer.

Also try to ensure you obtain one with a low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) content.

Get at your closest Aquarium / Pet Store. The kind that fish tanks are sealed / repaired with, it comes in a tube made by 3M and others.

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #1,845 of 36,040
Quick question about universals. How long after placing the order do they get dispatched? In the uk if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back