Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 27, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #948 of 36,036
  Really? It's the first package I ever paid for that ever had this fee, and I ordered from Korea, Thailand, etc before. Never encountered such a "brokerage fee."

Not to turn this into a similar saga with deliveries from Heir Audio, but since Noble uses UPS, you'll get hit with the fee that UPS imposes based on the selected method of delivery and insured value.  USPS/EMS doesn't charge these fees.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #949 of 36,036
When you are married, you do not need to pull out as fast.

SRSLY bro TMI.

Not to turn this into a similar saga with deliveries from Heir Audio, but since Noble uses UPS, you'll get hit with the fee that UPS imposes based on the selected method of delivery and insured value.  USPS/EMS doesn't charge these fees.

They all have their gimmicks.

Even with the Tralucent T1 that puts out 1W, I have to listen at slightly higher volumes, mainly to flesh out the upper mids and help bring those harmonics in a bit.

Interesting. I listen at high volumes so I'd not notice I think... I'm still waiting for my 6.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #951 of 36,036
  You should meet my wife..

I don´t need to, I have a similar rare case with me 
deadhorse.gif
 I need to be alert and always be prepare to plug the phones really quick (or was the other way around hehehe)

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #954 of 36,036
This thread indeed moves fast. x.x"

Back to Noble IEMs, man N4's sound is awfully addicting.

It indeed does (the thread) and I can be very serious for a few seconds. I will still gamble all my horses on that Noble carries a certain house sound although my next few sentences may contradict this..

I can only compare the N4 and N6 to a few IEM's that are very present in my memory and I won't bring up the new cross country bicycle I just received for X-mas.

The N4 I very much consider to be an almost true upgrade compared to my Etymotice 4ER S/P. Right now, I can't say that the N4 are better or similar regarding the pin point accuracy/imaging that is the stronghold of the Ety's.  The N4 do IMO very much surpasses my Etymotic 4 in other areas, sound stage and bass extension/impact, probably upper treble and sense of airiness as well.

The N6 I consider to be an upgrade from the Westone W4. Both of them are on the warmer side of town and they do IMO have many things in common but the N6 basically takes the W4 to the cleaners!

Now, the price difference is an important issue for many/some, right? Or am I wrong about this, would't be the first time, ask my mistress..

Anyway.. to me at least. The N4 has a strong value since it surpasses my Ety4 S/P by quite a margin that the around $200 difference I don't think it is a bad decision to choose the N4..

The value of the N6 vs. the W4 is more tricky since we are dealing with a relative much higher difference of money. I will repeat myself and say that I clearly prefer the N6 over the W4 but the N6 comes with a much higher price that is an individual take if it is really worth it. 

I will leave with this you tube clip since it is a popular thing to do on HF. "Maestro" 

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #955 of 36,036

The value of the N6 vs. the W4 is more tricky since we are dealing with a relative much higher difference of money. I will repeat myself and say that I clearly prefer the N6 over the W4 but the N6 comes with a much higher price that is an individual take if it is really worth it. 

I'd actually say the N6 is adequately priced. It isn't a value iem, don't get me wrong. However given how its performance stacks up with the likes of the TG334 and others in the range, it's fairly priced. Diminishing returns tends to kick in viciously after $4-500.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #956 of 36,036

I'd actually say the N6 is adequately priced. It isn't a value iem, don't get me wrong. However given how its performance stacks up with the likes of the TG334 and others in the range, it's fairly priced. Diminishing returns tends to kick in viciously after $4-500.

I do very well understand the diminishing return thing and I agree, since it's my life in a clam shelve :)  So I don't question that at all but I would still like other people beyond you and I to have an option if they by accident entered this thread. Seriously, it could happen.. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #957 of 36,036
  My question was ignored yesterday but I'm really curious about the Noble 3. Does anybody have impressions on it?

BASS, lots of it depending on music genre.

I don't really have much experience with IEMs. I usually stick to cheap earphones; the only IEM of note I used for a while was a Shure SE310. I've been looking for a fun sounding phone to pair with my DX50 and the N3 looked interesting. Unfortunately, the dap broke before I could try the pair, so I've been listening through a Yulong D100 MKII. I tried to listen through my old Zune, but the hiss was pretty loud. These are pretty sensitive phones.

I only listened to them for a few hours last night and as I was typing this, so I'm still going through "brain burn-in" / getting past new toy syndrome. So far, I've enjoyed listening to trip-hop/electronica (Massive Attack, Thievery Corp, Gotan Project) and E.S. Posthumus. The N3 really flesh out that lower end (surprising amount of sub bass) so I imagine N3 will be ideal for similar genres that have this frequency emphasized. I also tried listening to some avante garde (Unexpect, Diablo Swing Orchestra) and prog metal (Between the Buried and Me, TesseracT). I'm still a bit unsure of the compatibility of N3 with these genres (for me) right now. N3 border on almost too much bass here for my preferences. I'll have to listen to these for a little longer as I'm definitely not accustomed to the clarity of a multi-driver IEM combined with this particular bass response.

On a different note, I'm digging this form factor. I was initially worried about the comfort of these IEMs as I'm used to wearing a smaller bud. These seem to be a nice fit so far as they disappear when listening to music (blue tip with bar in the middle is my pick) and provide good isolation. I've had fit issues with various earphones (too shallow/deep insertion, coming loose, etc.), but I can barely feel the N3. I'll have to shelve my fullsize cans for now. To think these IEMs were meant to suffice in my portable needs... they've only encouraged curiosity in the higher tiers.
wink.gif

Anyway, this is just my initial impression. I'm not sure how helpful it is, but I'm sure someone more qualified to give an analytical view will chime in soon.

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #960 of 36,036
I do very well understand the diminishing return thing and I agree, since it's my life in a clam shelve :)  So I don't question that at all but I would still like other people beyond you and I to have an option if they by accident entered this thread. Seriously, it could happen.. 

Well I am for one, the type that will look for the best within what I feel is reasonable for my budget and lifestyle. I have an asg2 coming in within a couple weeks and I have a feeling that although it won't do everything as well as the noble 6,it fits me better financially. If I made more and had less debt, I would keep the noble 6 and be done with upgrading. It is basically everything I am looking for (wish it was a tad smaller but no biggie).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back