Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 27, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #916 of 36,062

No hype here.  It's a damn good phone.  PERIOD.  If neutrality is of concern.. the Noble 4/4C/4S is a very well tuned phone.  For the record, I've also owned the 4.A (custom).. I didn't like it.  The 4K dip was glaring (but Heir did an incredible job with the build).. so I ordered the NA 4 with some apprehension, but optimism since one of it's selling points was the elimination of said dip.

Also, I'm not sure how my post constitutes as hype?  I compared the NA4 to phones I've owned for quite a long time (hell, I owned the HE-500 & RE272 twice!).. and phones I've very familiar with and use on a daily basis (JH13 & UERM).. those two customs are incredibly well regarded (and rightfully so, IME)... so again, I'm not sure where you're sensing the hype.  I trust my hearing and have been around this hobby quite long enough to know good from bad (regardless of price).. I've owned budget-fi and I've owned flagship customs/and full sized phones.. I feel I've got a good idea of what performance is to be expected at various price points.  For the NA4's going price, I think it's quite competitive with any of the other 'hyped' phones it competes against.  Only downside so far, I'm not in love with the fit.. but hey, I'm used to customs these days.. so I guess that's kind of to be expected.

ASG-2 comparisons?

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #917 of 36,062
Flysweep  i wonder if you could elaborate on the differences between the Noble 4 and the Fitear F111.

Nice impressions i thought.

Thanks very much.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #918 of 36,062
Of course my Noble 4's were delivered on the 26th and the front office had to sign for it cause I'm away on a job for the next 5 days if all goes well. Oh well at least I'll have a nice present waiting for me when I get back.

Hopefully the K10's come when I'm home so I don't have to wait in anxiety until I get back.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #919 of 36,062
If you could take some pictures....
redface.gif

Here are a few photos comparing my Noble 6's with my4.Ai's and W4R's. I took today off so I could spend it listening and compare these three IEMs.  I appologize for the poor photography and maybe a bit of residual ear gunk. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #920 of 36,062
Can anyone please tell me whether there is a difference in sound between Noble 4c vs Noble 4s. Theoretically they should sound the same since they have same drivers, crossovers etc. However, they are build from different materials so I'm wondering whether there are any differences in sound.

I don't believe anyone has them both. I've got the 4C, as does Kunlun and some other folks. But none of us have the 4S. ljokerl has the 4S, but not a 4C. So it's tough to really nail down any differences, which are likely to be subtle rather than glaring. I'd probably just choose based on shell preference - the comfort and attenuation differences are more of a sure thing compared to any potential changes in sound. 

No hype here.  It's a damn good phone.  PERIOD.  If neutrality is of concern.. the Noble 4/4C/4S is a very well tuned phone.  For the record, I've also owned the 4.A (custom).. I didn't like it.  The 4K dip was glaring (but Heir did an incredible job with the build).. so I ordered the NA 4 with some apprehension, but optimism since one of it's selling points was the elimination of said dip.

Also, I'm not sure how my post constitutes as hype?  I compared the NA4 to phones I've owned for quite a long time (hell, I owned the HE-500 & RE272 twice!).. and phones I've very familiar with and use on a daily basis (JH13 & UERM).. those two customs are incredibly well regarded (and rightfully so, IME)... so again, I'm not sure where you're sensing the hype.  I trust my hearing and have been around this hobby quite long enough to know good from bad (regardless of price).. I've owned budget-fi and I've owned flagship customs/and full sized phones.. I feel I've got a good idea of what performance is to be expected at various price points.  For the NA4's going price, I think it's quite competitive with any of the other 'hyped' phones it competes against.  Only downside so far, I'm not in love with the fit.. but hey, I'm used to customs these days.. so I guess that's kind of to be expected.

I can vouch for this guy really knowing his stuff. Not sure if the "hype" comment was made in jest or what, but FlySweep is not one to be enamored with something in the short term and later move on to something new (which is how the hype often starts). I remember discussing the Heir 4.A with him and even though I loved mine, he just wouldn't back down - it just did not sound right to his ears. That's like anti-hype right there. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #921 of 36,062
Same here,

£9.87 import VAT
£11.00 BrokerageSurcharges
£20.87 Total.

per the UPS invoice stuck on the front of the package (fore Noble 6 by the way)

Difficult to see how that happened considering the paperwork that came with the Noble 6. I'll chase it up tomorrow with UPS. :wink:

Anyway I really appreciate the efforts Brannan went to to minimise our exposure to VAT. I've left the invoice on the coffee table and as far as The Good Lady is concerned that's all they cost!

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #922 of 36,062
Hello Neighbor 
biggrin.gif

If you end up selling (esp. at BF price) let me know.  I'll take you up on it!  The N4 is on my short list and I missed the BF sale.  I had the 4Ai and tried a lot of things (<$700) after that including the ASG-2.  The 4Ai is still my favorite though the ASG-2 was very good except for the mid-bass.

Cheers

Quote:
  I may end up selling the N4 and getting a custom version at the next sale (that hopefully won't come sooner than later).

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #923 of 36,062

lol My post was more of a compliment. I didn't use "hype" in the sense that you're overpraising something that isn't this good - your impressions just got me really hyped in the sense of excited about my Noble 4, which is on its way. The only negative thing about your Noble 4 impressions is that I was very chill and ready to wait calmly for mine to arrive and now I'm a bit too excited. 

And, yeah, I have to agree that I also took the leap of faith and ordered it during the BF sale mainly because of the promise that the 4ai's dip has been fixed.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #924 of 36,062
I really wonder how different the 4 and 6 sound because everything ppl are saying about the 4 holds true for the 6. If that is the case, the 4 is a tremendous value. I guess it is just assumed the 6 has more bass and does everything "better" but the difference is probably marginal.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #925 of 36,062
I really wonder how different the 4 and 6 sound because everything ppl are saying about the 4 holds true for the 6. If that is the case, the 4 is a tremendous value. I guess it is just assumed the 6 has more bass and does everything "better" but the difference is probably marginal.

I briefly heard both the 4's and the 6's. I have to say the difference is not marginal to me.

Maybe I am partial to more bass, but there is a significant difference in the amount of bass between the 4 and 6. The 6 having more bass, of course. The 4's I think could be considered more neutral, maybe. The 4's actually remind me a little of the Ety ER-4S, but with a lot more bass than the Ety's. Still I found I was missing the extra bass and mid-bass when listening to the 4's. The 4's also remind me a little of the Senn HD800's in that they have lots of detailed high frequencies. Not exaggerated or harsh, but that's what I notice most about the 4's. The 6's seem to have an equal amount of detail, but maybe a little smoother Then with the added low end which contributes to more weight and punch. I also watch a lot of movies with headphones and surround sound, so that extra bass really works well for movies especially with the ".1" of a 5.1 or 7.1 movie.

Anyway, I could tell the 4's compared to the 6's immediately in a blind test, no doubt at all. They sound very different. It's a matter of taste, but I prefer the 6's and think they're worth twice the price of the 4's.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #927 of 36,062
Interesting. Thank you. Looks like I made the right choice with the 6. I'm not a "neutral trumps all" type of guy.

Then I'd say u made the right choice as well

Btw, the 5 is even more warmer than the 6, so for folks that like warmth the 5 would be a good choice as well. I use the 6 as my daily driver, the 4 for a change of pace from day to day

Ok I like them all:p

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #928 of 36,062
Then I'd say u made the right choice as well

Btw, the 5 is even more warmer than the 6, so for folks that like warmth the 5 would be a good choice as well. I use the 6 as my daily driver, the 4 for a change of pace from day to day

Ok I like them all:p
How would you position the K10 and 8C vs a4 and 6 in terms of sound signature. Seems like it is from neutral to warm: 4, 6, K10, 5, 8C. Am I right?

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #929 of 36,062
How would you position the K10 and 8C vs a4 and 6 in terms of sound signature. Seems like it is from neutral to warm: 4, 6, K10, 5, 8C. Am I right?

A4?

Really I wouldn't feel too qualified to answer that. Shocking I know, but if you know anything about me, u know I am a straight shooter and I use iems religiously.

That being said I do know the graphs, and I designed them, so I can say some things

A lot of folks give the initial report that the bass of the K10 is tuned down from my original 8 design, but the reality is, it is the more high frequency information being offered by the k10 that gives that impression. So ultimately, when the bass hits it hits with vigor.... It doesn't hit like Thor's hammer but it will bring a smile.

Now to clarify, when I say high freq information I don't mean in dB, I mean the band width of highs are broader than the original 8

With the 8c the highs band width are essentially the same as the original design but boosted a tad in dB

Well it is 2am here, probably 1am where u r time for more sleep

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back