Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #421 of 36,057
  I'm trying to decide between the custom K10 & the Universals 6 (cost no object). I listen to Jazz & Classic music & natural presentation is important to me, as well as sound quality and most important - not a grain of harshness or thinness in the highs.

are those two iems close to those criteria? whose closer?

I'd also like to know if you think the sound quality difference between the two (6 & 10), is so big that it would worth the extra hassle of making impressions, sending them, waiting, taking risk of miss-fit, having to send back (i live in israel), etc..

I'll appreciate if i could get an answer before the discount ends.

thanks

I haven't had the pleasure of the 6, but as I have said before (and most likely will again), the K10 is utterly amazing. Only downside is that you will need to get impressions done and there will be a wait while they build it.

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #424 of 36,057
  Quote:
  The K10 still has PLENTY of kick, trust me - But a more neutral tuning than the 8. You won't get a bass boost, but when the bass is in the music, it will hit you HARD. The 8 is still the king of electro to me though and damn nice with rock (Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Rammstein)... Hard to go wrong with either.

Thanks for the input.

Sounds good. I was originally going with the K10, might stick with it.

Damn first world problems!

I found a solution!

Here's my Peli 1020 with my 8.A (old Heir Audio version) and the K10! 
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #427 of 36,057
I'm trying to decide between the custom K10 & the Universals 6 (cost no object). I listen to Jazz & Classic music & natural presentation is important to me, as well as sound quality and most important - not a grain of harshness or thinness in the highs.

are those two iems close to those criteria? whose closer?

I'd also like to know if you think the sound quality difference between the two (6 & 10), is so big that it would worth the extra hassle of making impressions, sending them, waiting, taking risk of miss-fit, having to send back (i live in israel), etc..

I'll appreciate if i could get an answer before the discount ends.

thanks

Shalom,

I have the Kaiser 10 and I've had a week with a prototype of the Noble 6 and I listen to a lot of classical.

For just sound quality, you've got the good kind of problem here, because both the Kaiser and the Noble 6 have incredible treble if you want full, bright, smooth and non-fatiguing.

I would say that if you want a flat, natural sound and avoid possible long-distance re-fits with a ciem, then go with the Noble 6. It's going to be very popular as the word gets out about its sound.

If you want a richer sound and all the benefits of a custom fit, go with the Kaiser 10. It's better technically, giving you a supreme level of refinement, but the Noble 6 is just plain excellent, so go with the one that has the tuning and fit you want.

Both will sound great with classical.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #428 of 36,057
  The K10 still has PLENTY of kick, trust me - But a more neutral tuning than the 8. You won't get a bass boost, but when the bass is in the music, it will hit you HARD. The 8 is still the king of electro to me though and damn nice with rock (Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Rammstein)... Hard to go wrong with either.

RAMMSTEIN?! you got my attention!

btw i tried heir 8.0 with rammstein as well, and dayum! now i'm wondering how well can rammstein sound with K10.

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #429 of 36,057
Yes, that is technically a Wizard design, but it could be replicated as those features can be found on the web site/order form

Clear canal
Amber shell
Amboyna face plate
Gold nugget

Special instructions

Gold nugget in canal and shell
Face plate two tone amboyna

Be warned, two tone amboyna is rare and we do not have a lot of that in stock

Does the picture of K10 shown on your website has the amboyna faceplate as well?

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #430 of 36,057
Does the picture of K10 shown on your website has the amboyna faceplate as well?

The K10 found on the product page of the noble website is:

Shell - Amber + Gold Nugget
Canals - Clear + Gold Nugget
Face plate - Amber + Gold Nugget

No amboyna was used to build that particular set of K10 CIEMs

Now when you say "Your WebSite" I assume you mean the Noble web site, but if youer are talking about the Noble Face book page, the design is

Shell - Amber - Gold Nugget
Face Plate - Two tone amboyna

Two tone amboyna is rare and we have a very limited amount of that type of wood.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #431 of 36,057
Wondering if the Noble 4 still has kick to it in the bass region, I don't particularly need a bass-emphasized sound but I'd like some punch and depth to the bass. Thinking along the lines of the GR07 here.
Would they be more bassy than the Heir Audio 4.Ai or similarly balanced?
Thanks

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #432 of 36,057
  Wondering if the Noble 4 still has kick to it in the bass region, I don't particularly need a bass-emphasized sound but I'd like some punch and depth to the bass. Thinking along the lines of the GR07 here.
Would they be more bassy than the Heir Audio 4.Ai or similarly balanced?
Thanks

It definitely has some kick. Not majorly emphasized, but plenty adequate for most listeners. I only spent limited time with the 4.Ai but from memory I'd say the 4C has both more and better lows. Slightly more impact and presence, maybe just caused by the increased clarity/definition. A neutral CIEM for sure, but not boring, dry, or soft sounding at all.  

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #433 of 36,057
The K10 found on the product page of the noble website is:

Shell - Amber + Gold Nugget
Face plate - Amber + Gold Nugget

No amboyna was used to build that particular set of K10 CIEMs

Now when you say "Your WebSite" I assume you mean the Noble web site, but if youer are talking about the Noble Face book page, the design is

Shell - Amber - Gold Nugget
Face Plate - Two tone amboyna

Two tone amboyna is rare and we have a very limited amount of that type of wood.

Sorry for the confusion. You were right I was refering to noble's website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back