Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 22, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #11,072 of 36,062
OK. I admit I have never had a dedicated DAP other than an iPod but for me, the fact that apparently the DAC and amp of the iPhone measure very well backs up my sense of listening to excellent SQ.

The latest ipod touch has better measured transparency than 'high-end' audiophile DAPs. Especially more so under various loads. 

Plus the ipod touch can play lossless via third party software as well, if that matters to you!

May 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #11,073 of 36,062
Woot, just got my shipping notice for K10U. Probably won't partake of Savant just yet.

May 22, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #11,075 of 36,062
I think phone companies are starting to understand sq is a priority to their customers

The cameras have improved greatly, so SQ improvements make sense also. Eventually they will even prevent Souffle's from collapsing.
wink_face.gif

May 22, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #11,077 of 36,062

Can you elaborate more? specifically what did you not like?

Exactly. Would be great to know how long you've burned them in, what equipment you're running them off of, etc. 

The K10's reflect the source they're playing - they can't make something bad sound good, but they do scale incredibly well as you feed them good stuff. 

Cheers 

May 22, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #11,078 of 36,062
Hey guys, listening to my new k10s. Just wanted to say they are good but not as good as I was expecting. Definitely not worth their asking price.

I had the same initial experience (first 30 minutes to 2 hours or so). After more time, I realized that I was expecting they would be make-my-head-explode good by way of producing songs in a completely new light (extremely tangible mids or twinkling highs, etc.). Then I discovered through more listening that they were presenting all the songs very, very well - not falling short in any manner - and that the level of my satisfaction with them was a function of the source quality. Shortly after, as has been said countless times, I began to just enjoy the music I love, not paying any particular attention to one part of the spectrum, but still being able to pick out the palpable bass, the clear mids, the extremely well put together overall presentation of the music. For sure, the jump from other IEMs (ER-4S, UE900) was not as huge as the price tag would suggest (according to my expectation), but the improvements across the board really add up to a thoroughly enjoyable upgrade that I personally think is worth the price.

May 22, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #11,079 of 36,062
Hey guys, listening to my new k10s. Just wanted to say they are good but not as good as I was expecting. Definitely not worth their asking price.

I do not think that BA headphones burn in but I do think it can take time to adjust, assess or "get into" your new 'phones. My question is, how long have you listened to them for?

May 22, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #11,080 of 36,062

Too bad they are disappointing.  Hopefully they are universals and you can sell more easily?

May 22, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #11,081 of 36,062
  Exactly. Would be great to know how long you've burned them in, what equipment you're running them off of, etc. 

The K10's reflect the source they're playing - they can't make something bad sound good, but they do scale incredibly well as you feed them good stuff. 

Cheers 

Burned in?  Really :p 

I really didn't know what to expect when I got my K10's.  All the audiophile terms mean dick all to me.  All I knew was that everyone was raving about them like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I still don't know a damn thing about audiophile terms, but I love the sound and prefer them to the other iems/ciems I've tried.  That makes it worth it to me.  

May 22, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #11,082 of 36,062
  Burned in?  Really :p 

I really didn't know what to expect when I got my K10's.  All the audiophile terms mean dick all to me.  All I knew was that everyone was raving about them like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I still don't know a damn thing about audiophile terms, but I love the sound and prefer them to the other iems/ciems I've tried.  That makes it worth it to me.  

The whole burn in thing has been done to death, some believe in it some don't. There is also the topic of brain burn in. IMHO, its a term, the body gets use to things, sound, smell etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back