Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 21, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #10,998 of 36,082
May 21, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #10,999 of 36,082
I think I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of K10's (just waiting for my bonus to be paid), however I have a couple of questions:

- I have a pair of JH16's that fit me really well, however would I need to get new impressions done anyway or could they use my existing CIEMs?

- I can't see any options in the customisation menu to have different shell colours on the left and right (except for the canals), I take it this isn't possible as standard?

- If I choose to have a Wizard reprint, can I just choose pretty much any of the photos posted on Noble's Twitter/Instagram, or is there a limit to what you can have done?

May 21, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #11,001 of 36,082
  I think I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a pair of K10's (just waiting for my bonus to be paid), however I have a couple of questions:

- I have a pair of JH16's that fit me really well, however would I need to get new impressions done anyway or could they use my existing CIEMs?

- I can't see any options in the customisation menu to have different shell colours on the left and right (except for the canals), I take it this isn't possible as standard?

- If I choose to have a Wizard reprint, can I just choose pretty much any of the photos posted on Noble's Twitter/Instagram, or is there a limit to what you can have done?

Under shell options using personal design, you have a choice of color left and right match, color left and right different. Best thing is just contact Brannan and get everything figured out.

May 21, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #11,002 of 36,082

I'm sure Branan or John will chime in with more specific answers... but I'll say regarding point number one: you probably want new impressions made. I have actually had it done in the past using an existing CIEM, but was warned that it could jeopardize my CIEM in the process. Which is one thing if you sent in a JH5 or other less expensive model, and quite another thing when sending a JH16.

Bottom line, even if it CAN be done, it's not advisable. 

May 21, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #11,003 of 36,082

Best to get a new set of impressions. 

And regarding designs, I'd go ahead and get your impressions and send them in and then worry more about finalizing your design. The timing of delivery is based upon when they receive your impressions, so if you send them in and get in the queue then you'll still have time to tweak your design while you're in line. 

And feel free to reach out directly to Brannan regarding design options - he's very responsive and highly helpful. Once you get towards a design that you like you can also have him send it to his creative team and have them provide feedback. I had two finalist designs and the team in China gave me good feedback on what would work best, and they were spot-on. 

Cheers and good luck! 

May 21, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #11,004 of 36,082
I also just did my first K10/BTS conference call, using my BTS as a wireless headset. Worked well! 

May 21, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #11,005 of 36,082

Good way is to go to the Lookbook on their website, then you can send them a picture for a reprint.  Reprints will never look exactly like the picture you send in, since everything is an original of sorts.  But you can give them the idea of the design you want.

May 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #11,006 of 36,082

A - Jh16 idea, bad idea

B - Different she'll colors left / right... From a self proclaimed artists perspective, that is also a bad idea, we humans are programmed to expect to see things symmetrical. , shoes, same, ear rings same, eye glasses, same, socks, same

Etc etc.... When pairs do not match, we humans often have a negative response, even if it is a slightly negative response, it is still negative nonetheless

So I avoid non matching shells etc etc

C - there are only a few wizard designs that will not be repeated (viscous zero has one). Odds are high if u have a wizard design in mind, it can be done as a reprint

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #11,007 of 36,082
Thanks for the responses, I'll best go get another set of impressions done then! Interesting to hear your thoughts on matching shell colours, my existing CIEMs have different shell colours and I quite like the aesthetic however I understand it is a very personal thing. Some of the wizard designs are stunning though so I think I will end up going for one of those anyway.

May 21, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #11,010 of 36,082

But what would his choice be for headphones?

Only a Prestige would do for Mr. Van Gogh. He'd probably paint the shell himself. 
biggrin.gif

Also, any thoughts on the K10 stock cable? The reviews I've read say it is very good however has anyone had any good experiences from aftermarket cables?

Yeah, they are solidly built, and definitely one of the best stock cables amongst the IEMs I own. They also come with a straight plug, which is a (pleasant) rarity nowadays. It's a shame that they also have memory wire, my one true enemy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back