Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 7, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #9,647 of 36,121
I appreciate your responses.
Fb, which earphone do you listen to more often? I agree, the AKG's can sound beautiful with strings, brass, piano, vocals--do you hear the similar sweetness with the k10's?

Well I listen more to full size headphones now, I think k3003 has something very unique in its crystal clarity feel. However, I may still sell my k3003 and keep k10u only due to its all rounder capability.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #9,650 of 36,121
Definitely more controlled than k3003, but there are still people who find the k10 treble slightly piercing. Nonetheless if you enjoy the k3003, you should find the k10's treble alright
smily_headphones1.gif

TBH I've never heard a better Treble than the K10... I don't hear piercing treble with it at all, though I honestly believe that its *borderline* sibilant.

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #9,652 of 36,121

Dexter - The desiccant packs are easy to use. Just put them in your case and let them keep the air dry around your CIEM's. 

Here's a link to the ones I ordered, which are nice and small and fit easily in a Pelican case, and a picture of them from the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BL79JDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In terms of how you use them, just check them once in a while as they have a little window that shows a different color if they are saturated. If they are you just pop them in an oven for a bit to dry them back out, and the indicator color changes back These ones come in packs of four so you'll have backups. As for how long they last, I'm not sure yet as I haven't had mine change color yet. It also depends on the humidity of where you live, how often you open/close your case, and how long you leave it open. 

Cheers 
Dude, you are my hero. TY

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #9,653 of 36,121
IMHO, one of the benchmarks for treble is the Westone W60. It falls behind the K10 in many areas but is still a top shelf universal. In the area of treble, I find it special. To the same extent I found the bass of the SE846 special. Luckily, the K10 does it all sublimely well.

I love my K10 and would not go back to my W60 but that is one area where it is really magical. I know a couple K10 owners also own the W60 IEM too. I could never get a good fit with the 3003 due to my small ears but even with holding them in my ears, I felt the W60 treble was far better than the 3003. YMMV.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #9,654 of 36,121

Actually it's more like this:

And they are a lot of work to make, and lots of people want them, and very few can make them... So... 

This being my first time buying CIEMs, I've gotta say the wait thing is an "interesting" experience. I find myself counting every single day. You'd think audiophiles are the most obsessive and impatient people on the planet (No comments from Brannan please, thanks). But it is a little crazy right? It's a huge chunk of change, and you've got nothing to show for it for months. For me, I probably spent a month researching which CIEM to buy, like hours every day, for a month. So in my mind, it's like that month is factored into the waiting period as well.

Anyways, God bless audiophiles, an impatient and crazy group of people that are crazy enough to endure what must be the acid-test for patience. And God bless the Nobles of the world who respond courteously to our constant badgering which must seem like 5-year-olds in the back of a car. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #9,655 of 36,121
  This being my first time buying CIEMs, I've gotta say the wait thing is an "interesting" experience. I find myself counting every single day. You'd think audiophiles are the most obsessive and impatient people on the planet (No comments from Brannan please, thanks). But it is a little crazy right? It's a huge chunk of change, and you've got nothing to show for it for months. For me, I probably spent a month researching which CIEM to buy, like hours every day, for a month. So in my mind, it's like that month is factored into the waiting period as well.

Anyways, God bless audiophiles, an impatient and crazy group of people that are crazy enough to endure what must be the acid-test for patience. And God bless the Nobles of the world who respond courteously to our constant badgering which must seem like 5-year-olds in the back of a car. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Well, when you think about it, you're specifying all of the details of the device, one that's built by hand by skilled technicians. Not shocking that it takes so long. That doesn't make the wait any easier. Consider paying $60k for speakers and having to wait almost 3m for them.

Apr 8, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #9,656 of 36,121
IMHO, one of the benchmarks for treble is the Westone W60. It falls behind the K10 in many areas but is still a top shelf universal. In the area of treble, I find it special. To the same extent I found the bass of the SE846 special. Luckily, the K10 does it all sublimely well.

Westone uses new dual tweeter as far as I understand.

Apr 8, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #9,657 of 36,121
Sent my impressions out during the latter part of March. Noble must've received it around March 23 (give or take a few days). Like with the others in this thread, the wait is killing me. Hopefully, I could get it before my out-of-the-country trip on May 26, because I'd love to test it out during my flight.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #9,659 of 36,121
Getting another set of impressions done today for K10's after receiving my 4C's and loving them so much.  You're all a big group of enablers and wallet killers.  I hate you.  That is all.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #9,660 of 36,121
First of all I would like to thank Brannan for quickly replacing my defective Noble 4. Secondly, I owe an apology to Noble Audio for the disparaging remarks. My Noble 4 replacement sound fantastic.

Listening to them now confirms that the others arrived defective. Again thank you Noble Audio for your great service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back