Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 7, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #9,616 of 36,096
There are a lot of options/materials that can be used for the studio monitor, for example the gun metal brushed aluminum baffle can be made of carbon glass, or even recess carbon glass panels into the cabinet....

Or wizard wood panels, died wood, metric or anodized aluminum veneers.... Really the possibilities are virtually limitless.

Custom stands can also be built as well

Prestige, on steroids

Richard Branson ought to commission you to build a Wizarded Prestigious Cabin on an island. And send in the crew of MTV for the best final ever episode of Cribs.
devil_face.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #9,617 of 36,096
Richard Branson ought to commission you to build a Wizarded Prestigious Cabin on an island. And send in the crew of MTV for the best final ever episode of Cribs.:devil_face:

A cabin, I don't think I'd be qualified, but if he wanted some audio gear, i'd be honored.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 7, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #9,621 of 36,096
There are a lot of options/materials that can be used for the studio monitor, for example the gun metal brushed aluminum baffle can be made of carbon glass, or even recess carbon glass panels into the cabinet....

Or wizard wood panels, died wood, metric or anodized aluminum veneers.... Really the possibilities are virtually limitless.

Custom stands can also be built as well

Prestige, on steroids

You are truly a master of your craft Wiz, I have no doubt we are in for many years of amazing products. I have a feeling your business will grow and thrive, that Brannan dude aint too bad either, keep those pants up young Jedi.
beerchug.gif

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #9,622 of 36,096
3 months? :eek: ... Apparently my impressions arrived in the lab last day of Feb... So the whole 6-8 weeks (excluding weekends so really minimum of roughly 8 weeks) has been recovered after Chinese New Year?

Or should I expect to wait longer than the end of April?

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #9,624 of 36,096
3 months?
eek.gif
... Apparently my impressions arrived in the lab last day of Feb... So the whole 6-8 weeks (excluding weekends so really minimum of roughly 8 weeks) has been recovered after Chinese New Year?

Or should I expect to wait longer than the end of April?

If your impressions arrived at our labs towards the end of February, CNY won't have much (if any) influence on the build of your CIEMs.

Apr 7, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #9,626 of 36,096
Congrats on you beautiful new CIEM's!

Regarding the case, I upgraded to a larger Pelican case which holds my K10's, Fiio X3/ALO Rx stack and a desiccant container (to help keep the IEM's dry).

I was just about to ask which pelikan case you guys use. 
the case that came with K10 is almost perfect with AK240 but with braided dhc cables, it sadly wont fit.
Was thinking of 1050 but its bulky. Maybe I'll try 1040 to see if it fits.

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #9,627 of 36,096
I was just about to ask which pelikan case you guys use. 
the case that came with K10 is almost perfect with AK240 but with braided dhc cables, it sadly wont fit.
Was thinking of 1050 but its bulky. Maybe I'll try 1040 to see if it fits.

I tried the 1040, but if I closed it wrong it risked catching the cable or putting pressure on the K10's. Very quickly switched to the larger 1050 as the risk was not worth it.

I also have an engraved tag on the bottom with my contact info just in case I leave it somewhere.

And the desiccant pack works well and most audiologist recommend them for when you're storing hearing aides, so figured it would be good for CIEMs as well (which Dr. John agreed with).

Cheers

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #9,628 of 36,096
Liking the contact info idea xD Might also wanna say they have no resale value as custom fit :smirk:

I once had to wait over 6 months for a £400 guitar... I've got this patience thing down xD. Still... If they could arrive before the end of April :D:smirk::D:D

I have exams to prepare for anyway so best not to be distracted.......

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #9,629 of 36,096
I tried the 1040, but if I closed it wrong it risked catching the cable or putting pressure on the K10's. Very quickly switched to the larger 1050 as the risk was not worth it.

I also have an engraved tag on the bottom with my contact info just in case I leave it somewhere.

And the desiccant pack works well and most audiologist recommend them for when you're storing hearing aides, so figured it would be good for CIEMs as well (which Dr. John agreed with).

Cheers

I've never considers using desiccant packs, which is interesting. Is that to prevent moisture from causing rust on the internal parts? Can you describe your procedure for using the desiccants? I'd like to do this as well. I guess what I'm wondering is, how long do the packs last before you gotta swap them out?

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #9,630 of 36,096
  I get antsy when I order batteries for my bike lights and it takes 3 days to get here from about 30 miles away. I cant imagine how I would react having to wait 3 months for something as bad ass as a set of noble CIEM's.

Simple: You want these you gotta wait --- Or you can get another $400 for rush service, but given shipping back and forth, etc etc I doubt it is possible to get them faster than a month. That's the "price" of audio art - I'm fine with it (though it is excruciating at times).

I waited 10 weeks to get my speakers (Avantgarde Duo Mezzo)... I was sooo antsy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back