Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #8,956 of 36,116

You mentioned 'well rounded' in your original post, that is why I put the 4 forward. But yeah, it isn't a bass headphone if that is what you are used to. But it isn't anaemic either. It's interesting how the brain can adapt to different headphones. My 'reference' 4 is still immensely enjoyable to listen to. I can't wait to hear what the K10 will bring! Good luck in the search.

You're right I did. I guess I mean well rounded as in, "not bass all the time even when not required basshead heavy". I do listen to a wide range of music but at the same time I mostly listen to electronic stuff like Deep House, Prog House, Future Garage, IDM, and more chill stuff like Bonobo and The Cinematic Orchestra. I want those to sound fun and lively in regards to the low end since that's 90% of my listening and acoustic/classical/jass stuff is maybe 10%. If only we could all just get K10's as our first pair we wouldn't have anything to discuss :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #8,957 of 36,116
When I get my K10s, I am probably not going to take the 2pin cable out very much, if they can comfortably fit in the provided case with the 2 pin in, I don't see much of a reason to constantly take the pin in an out.  Doing this might prevent the pins from becoming loose.

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #8,958 of 36,116

Actually, may favorite of the rest of the Noble IEMs that I've tried is actually the Noble 4. It is well balanced, detailed and has enough clarity and sparkle at the top end. In a vacuum, I could get the 4s and live happily ever after. (Un)fortunately, along came the Kaiser 10, and as they say, the rest is history..

Frankly speaking, before the K10, I was looking to upgrade my IEMs. After getting the K10, I'm looking to upgrade my source/cables/amps instead. 
smile.gif

Then the K12 comes along.. then need a new source/cables/amps.... then K14.... the never ending journey! Enjoy the ride! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #8,959 of 36,116

I apologise for the less than stellar experience you had with our demo unit.

The demo unit was taken over from the previous distributor of Noble in Singapore and the unit already had loose sockets from abuse by the time we took over ownership of the demo units.

Noble and ourselves assure you that unless the sockets are badly abused, they do not become loose easily.

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Like I mentioned, I like the sound coming out of the K10U. It is just the connection part that worries me a little because I do quite a bit of cable swapping on my iems and the last thing I want is a loose fitting cable.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #8,960 of 36,116
So going for the clear shell route will just resort to me getting yellowish shells in a few years. Might just pick the Wizard Reprint option, then.

But I have a question first, the designs posted on the Noble Facebook site can be applied to the 4C right? I liked one particular design but the unit used was the K10, so I was wondering if I can use the design for the 4C. Will I get the exact design on the pic (the Noble logo and Wizard signature, etc.)? Oh, and will the Moon and dots (start/meteors, I guess) glow in the dark?

EDIT: Got the answers. Thanks!

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #8,961 of 36,116
Then the K12 comes along.. then need a new source/cables/amps.... then K14.... the never ending journey! Enjoy the ride! :)

You bring up a good point. The K-10 has been out for almost two years now, do we know if there is any new ones in the making? May be an upgrade to K-10, or may be another new model w/ 12 or more drivers?

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #8,962 of 36,116
You bring up a good point. The K-10 has been out for almost two years now, do we know if there is any new ones in the making? May be an upgrade to K-10, or may be another new model w/ 12 or more drivers?

If my memory is correct, I believe Dr. Moulton mentioned something fantastic in the works that will not make current line obsolete. Maybe he can share more :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #8,963 of 36,116
Originally Posted by Somphon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then the K12 comes along.. then need a new source/cables/amps.... then K14.... the never ending journey! Enjoy the ride! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, haha. I've actually found the perfect IEM, for now, as the K10 fits my preferences quite well. That's not to say that I'm against trying something new; I'm just very contented with what I have, and I'm no longer on the lookout for the next best thing. If it comes, it comes, but I sure hope it'll be a 12 driver from Noble. 
cool.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #8,964 of 36,116
  When I get my K10s, I am probably not going to take the 2pin cable out very much, if they can comfortably fit in the provided case with the 2 pin in, I don't see much of a reason to constantly take the pin in an out.  Doing this might prevent the pins from becoming loose.

That will make a big difference!  I think I've switched cables twice, and sockets are good and tight.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #8,966 of 36,116

Yea I doubt if I got an expensive new cable I'd be able to tell any difference anyway between the stock.

Maybe a tiny bit of sq difference. I use a custom to get a different length and lose the memory wire.

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #8,968 of 36,116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back