Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 20, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #8,566 of 36,078
  All this talk recently about balanced cables has me reaching for my wallet again....
eek.gif

I really want balanced cables for my Pono to feed my K10's, but there are only two options I can find with a modular system to switch out the source end.  Silver Dragon and DHC offerings.  I think the hybrid copper and silver Symbiote Fusion V2 would be a nice option, but their website says 12 week lead time...  12 weeks!  
confused_face(1).gif

Norne Audio Vorpal is also hybrid copper and silver with a modular system, but no option for Pono dual 3.5mm balanced...  Think they would make a custom adapter for me?  Their price seems more reasonable than DHC also.

Also, check with Ted at Ted's Headphone Lounge.  He might be able to set you up.  Very reasonable prices, good quality, and relatively fast turnarounds.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #8,569 of 36,078

We hope everyone celebrating is having a grand ol' time ringing in the Year of the Sheep/Goat!

Here are a few shots of some festive looking CIEMs for good measure.
 ​

Damn, they are nice!

Baa for the sheep kind.

LOL... it's pretty much all about YOU for the next year...

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #8,572 of 36,078
Not exactly Noble, but the Wizard did build the 8.A in my avatar pic.  Smoke shells, red/blue canals, and wood inlay. If I did it again, would have gone for clear canals, like I have on my Wizard K10.

Thanks. I'm looking for discreet and trying to choose between light and dark smoke.

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #8,573 of 36,078
All this talk recently about balanced cables has me reaching for my wallet again....:eek:

I really want balanced cables for my Pono to feed my K10's, but there are only two options I can find with a modular system to switch out the source end.  Silver Dragon and DHC offerings.  I think the hybrid copper and silver Symbiote Fusion V2 would be a nice option, but their website says 12 week lead time...  12 weeks!  :confused_face(1):

Norne Audio Vorpal is also hybrid copper and silver with a modular system, but no option for Pono dual 3.5mm balanced...  Think they would make a custom adapter for me?  Their price seems more reasonable than DHC also.

As I see it, your best options would be either A) having Ted (Headphone Lounge) or Norne Audio build you an adapter from 2x3.5mm to RSA (or any other more common balanced termination), so you can have your pick of fancy cables or B) learning to solder.

Feb 21, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #8,574 of 36,078
So how does the K10 do with metal? I listen exclusively to metal; thrash, death, black, blackened death, doom, brutal, melodic death, epic, etc.  I haven't heard to many people mention how it does with metal, only other genres that I don't like.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #8,575 of 36,078
So how does the K10 do with metal? I listen exclusively to metal; thrash, death, black, blackened death, doom, brutal, melodic death, epic, etc.  I haven't heard to many people mention how it does with metal, only other genres that I don't like.

Haha glad you reworded that. I love metal but also listen to those other genres you don't like :wink:.

I haven't heard the k10 but from what j have heard and knowing other headphones etc, I would say the k10 would be great across pretty much anything.

I love my iems for metal but I am not here to talk about them

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #8,576 of 36,078

I listen to some metal/industrial (Five Finger Death Punch, Tool, Nine Inch Nails, etc) in addition to many other kinds of music, and I have found the genre of music is irrelevant when it comes to the K10.

As long as you are listening to good recordings they will sound awesome from the K10.

Feb 21, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #8,577 of 36,078
I haven't heard the k10 but from what j have heard and knowing other headphones etc, I would say the k10 would be great across pretty much anything.

if you haven't heard them it is pointless commenting surely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back