Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 19, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #8,552 of 36,115
ALO Tinsel can be ordered with a balanced 2.5, I have one and like it a lot. Has some memory but once on hungs well and sounds great.

Jim

That's nice and weird at the same time, considered they don't post the option on their page and say no to me before.

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #8,554 of 36,115
DrSheep - I apologize, I just checked their website and they do not offer that option any more. I am not sure why but they did when they first came out as I do have one. Collectors item now I guess.

Jim

NP, and you are very lucky.  And to be honest I have no idea why ALO won't do balanced cable...

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #8,555 of 36,115
DrSheep - I apologize, I just checked their website and they do not offer that option any more. I am not sure why but they did when they first came out as I do have one. Collectors item now I guess.

Jim

NP, and you are very lucky.  And to be honest I have no idea why ALO won't do balanced cable...

If you select AK240 on their website, then go to the bottom of the screen where it shows the tinsel or SXC24, and click on the quick view, it shows this:
Cable termination options:
  1. 3.5mm (1/4") is the standard headphone plug that will work with any standard headphone jack.
  2. Mini Balanced is the 4-Pin balanced termination used on The International, Rx MK3 B+, The Island and a growing number of other portable products. 
  3. 2.5mm (4-Pole) is the new balanced termination that is compatible with the Astell&Kern AK240 balanced output. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #8,556 of 36,115
Thanks but that selection is just crazy: you can only select the 2.5mm TRRS from the straight custom plug, and if you pick the angle version, you only have a choice for RSA??  What the hell is ALO thinking?

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #8,557 of 36,115
  Thanks but that selection is just crazy: you can only select the 2.5mm TRRS from the straight custom plug, and if you pick the angle version, you only have a choice for RSA??  What the hell is ALO thinking?

It's a nifty way to sell their adapter?  Nah, they're all straight as well.

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #8,558 of 36,115
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #8,559 of 36,115
  But you can't adapt from single end to balanced...

I was thinking you buy a cable with the "mini balanced, or RSA", which they have on their amps, then have to get an adapter for the AK's.  It doesn't make a lot of sense I guess.

Feb 19, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #8,560 of 36,115
I was thinking you buy a cable with the "mini balanced, or RSA", which they have on their amps, then have to get an adapter for the AK's.  It doesn't make a lot of sense I guess.

RSA is fine, but even that is not an option for the other cables.

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #8,562 of 36,115
  I"m a fan of dark smoke - black shells with wood combo....

Or.....  just go Prestige 100% woodies!

What about 100% woodies with watch parts on the faceplate? I hope your team will make an impeccable design for my Prestige. I'm Paulo Mario from Brazil, did you receive my impressions from Brannan? Best regards!

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #8,563 of 36,115
  Hey Noble,

I just got these on Tuesday, thank you so much for the brilliant work!
Im simply amazed by the appearance (simple from a distance as I requested, but sophisticated from close) and the sound, they are just breath taking...

Also thanks to the Wagnus team who had to deal with a couple of my impatient emails asking for the ETA.
Hope they cut me some slack tho, I was basically a drooling dog waiting for his one and only bone :)

Anyhow, my sleepless nights are finally over and it sure was worth the wait.
Thanks again for all the excitement and keep up the noble work!

Respect, from the city of Tokyo

Oooh, so those blue CF K10s are yours. They are really pretty, pal! But yes, as beautiful as they are on the outside, it's how they sound that truly takes your breath away. Enjoy!

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #8,565 of 36,115
All this talk recently about balanced cables has me reaching for my wallet again....
eek.gif

I really want balanced cables for my Pono to feed my K10's, but there are only two options I can find with a modular system to switch out the source end.  Silver Dragon and DHC offerings.  I think the hybrid copper and silver Symbiote Fusion V2 would be a nice option, but their website says 12 week lead time...  12 weeks!  
confused_face(1).gif

Norne Audio Vorpal is also hybrid copper and silver with a modular system, but no option for Pono dual 3.5mm balanced...  Think they would make a custom adapter for me?  Their price seems more reasonable than DHC also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back