Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 19, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #7,441 of 36,096
I think I will have the answer when Layla comes out so I can A/B/C it against my Roxanne and K10U.  However, in terms of bass and treble extension, I have a feeling that the K10 will still be on top.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #7,442 of 36,096

Instagram and Facebook aren't intended to be design resources. Rather, they are a means to share a selection of our work with a community of people in effort to increase brand awareness all while keeping within the overall aesthetic established by each platform. The content that we post to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter is tailored specifically to each platform and none of these platforms really lend themselves to being a design resource for CIEMs. That being said, we acknowledge the potential usefulness a design resource or gallery may have and so we are working on it right now.

In the meantime, please feel free to reach out directly, we would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

Personally, I prefer the approach you guys currently have. Being able to communicate directly to ensure the color is the way you want it, prior to ordering it. It prevents creating an environment where the customer becomes unhappy as the "color" didn't quite match. I'm very grateful for this, as I would have probably disappointed with the end result had I not been in direct contact with Brannan.

Id rather see time spent on more high res photos, than on a glitchy flash page. ( I need more backgrounds for my desktop at work )

For the amount of customization, this was a very smooth process. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #7,443 of 36,096
Here's an idea: why not just let us buy material samples, then maybe give discount/refund on order?  Paint shops does it, and even computer keyboard makers does it with their key switches.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #7,444 of 36,096

Personally, I prefer the approach you guys currently have. Being able to communicate directly to ensure the color is the way you want it, prior to ordering it. It prevents creating an environment where the customer becomes unhappy as the "color" didn't quite match. I'm very grateful for this, as I would have probably disappointed with the end result had I not been in direct contact with Brannan.

Id rather see time spent on more high res photos, than on a glitchy flash page. ( I need more backgrounds for my desktop at work )

For the amount of customization, this was a very smooth process. 

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, colors and materials not matching photos or the finished product is a big issue and it is the primary reason why we don't render/offer design mock-ups. In our case, we mix every color ourselves on an order by order basis. So while we have mixed our Amber color hundreds of times, there will be some slight differences from set to set.

Photography like the new product photos and line-up shots requires a lot of time and coordination, so it is not something that we can produce on a regular basis. If we could do something like that twice a year, I would be very happy. If you would like full-res versions of any of those photos, let me know and I can send you a download link.

Other than that, we have hi-res photos of most CIEMs that we have built under Noble, most of which have not been released.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #7,445 of 36,096
  Here's an idea: why not just let us buy material samples, then maybe give discount/refund on order?  Paint shops does it, and even computer keyboard makers does it with their key switches.

Time is a very scarce resource and producing/offering material samples would not be effective from a time (or financial) perspective. Furthermore, if we had the time to facilitate distribution of material samples to individual customers, there are other things I can think of that we rather spend the time on.

Don't feel slighted however, our distributors and dealers don't have material samples either! 
wink_face.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #7,446 of 36,096
Thanks and that make sense.  BTW, how often do you guys get material submissions for CIEMs from client?

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #7,447 of 36,096
  Thanks and that make sense.  BTW, how often do you guys get material submissions for CIEMs from client?

My pleasure!

We very rarely receive physical materials from customers. Material requests are more common, however accommodating these requests is often difficult as working with and obtaining radioactive metals, moon rock, etc... is not exactly easy.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #7,449 of 36,096
Nice, I didn't realize that Noble is a sub-contractor of Aperture Science.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #7,450 of 36,096
  I think Noble would do much better if they moved manufacturing to Orange County California. That way I could stop by on a daily basis to deliver In N Out burger and make sure things are running smoothly.

Haha, good looking out! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice, I didn't realize that Noble is a sub-contractor of Aperture Science.

Now you know! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #7,452 of 36,096
& now for something completely different... I'm discovering that the advent of a profusion of ear hair is a major hindrance to iem use - my trusty N4's are suddenly struggling to break through the newly sprouted jungle & make a good seal. Anyone know a good Turkish barber?

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #7,453 of 36,096
Hey, what would you guys say to maintaining a gallery of past units here on HF?  I think that having a nice "lookbook" to go through might help people that aren't quite sure what they want.  
smile.gif

On another note, I was wondering the other day, what is the strangest thing someone has ever requested to have inserted into their IEM?  Small mementos?  Locks of hair from the girl they're stalking?  Loved ones' ashes?  
confused.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #7,454 of 36,096
  Hey, what would you guys say to maintaining a gallery of past units here on HF?  I think that having a nice "lookbook" to go through might help people that aren't quite sure what they want.  
smile.gif

Great idea. It would be a valuable resource for new fans on the Noble train. I understand that it's difficult to implement a designer tool that incorporates all of Noble's design offerings (they have a lot!). Your suggestion is the next best thing. 
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #7,455 of 36,096
smile.gif

On another note, I was wondering the other day, what is the strangest thing someone has ever requested to have inserted into their IEM?  Small mementos?  Locks of hair from the girl they're stalking?  Loved ones' ashes?  
confused.gif

1, yes, that's what I want to have done.
2, one of those rare material submission I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back