Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #678 of 36,115
K10s are now in my ears. These things are amazing.

First things I noticed:
1. Both the stem and the body of the CIEMs are longer than any of my previous CIEMs. Notably longer than the Hidition NT-6 Pro.
2. Those lows, bro! mad lows!
3. The design is even more stunning up close.

Currently listening to them with my AK120, First track was Porcelain Heart by Opeth, and illustrated the beauty of these babies.

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #679 of 36,115
K10s are now in my ears. These things are amazing.

First things I noticed:
1. Both the stem and the body of the CIEMs are longer than any of my previous CIEMs. Notably longer than the Hidition NT-6 Pro.
2. Those lows, bro! mad lows!
3. The design is even more stunning up close.

Currently listening to them with my AK120, First track was Porcelain Heart by Opeth, and illustrated the beauty of these babies.
More impressions more impressions! :p how's the kick drum?

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #680 of 36,115
More impressions more impressions!
tongue.gif
how's the kick drum?

Very good. Metal is one thing I really like to listen to with these things xD

edit: These things really stick outta my ear xD

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #681 of 36,115

Very good. Metal is one thing I really like to listen to with these things xD

edit: These things really stick outta my ear xD

I am really enjoying the kick drum on these things.  They don't hit quite as hard as the 8.A, but the overall all-around presentation of everything together is very addictive.  As for sticking out, yeah, they really do! I mentioned in my review that they stick out a few millimeters than my 8.As.  How else do you think they'd get 10 drivers in each ear? Isn't it really freaking crazy to think that we're listening to 20 miniature speakers in our ears right now?  I was blown away that you could have 3 in each ear (6 total) when the Shure E500 first came out...  My, times have changed!

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #682 of 36,115

I am really enjoying the kick drum on these things.  They don't hit quite as hard as the 8.A, but the overall all-around presentation of everything together is very addictive.  As for sticking out, yeah, they really do! I mentioned in my review that they stick out a few millimeters than my 8.As.  How else do you think they'd get 10 drivers in each ear? Isn't it really freaking crazy to think that we're listening to 20 miniature speakers in our ears right now?  I was blown away that you could have 3 in each ear (6 total) when the Shure E500 first came out...  My, times have changed!

I agree! They're slightly warmer than the JH13s, but less than the MH335DW. Soundstage is a smidge less than the JH13s while much wider than the 335s. SQ wise I actually really like them! And yes thinking about it, 20 speakers in your ear sounds crazy, even with today's standards.

I really hope Noble keeps raising the bar like this, coz this is amazing! I'll keep burning in and I'll report on progress after a week or so :)

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #685 of 36,115
Do the 8C fit in normally without sticking out like the k10?

If the 8C are anything like the 8.A (and they should be, having the exact same drivers), it will vary on a person-by-person basis, but I have fairly large ears and they stick out a little bit (from completely flush at the lowest point to about 2 mm at the highest point).  If your ears are smaller, they'll probably stick out a bit further.  This is why it's important that you get a full-shell impression.  I generally wouldn't worry about it; you don't notice it day-to-day, and honestly I only notice it when I'm trying to sleep on my side with them in (which I don't generally do with my acrylic CIEMs in my ear, as my ear canal shape changes enough in that position to make them uncomfortable; silicone is much more forgiving here].

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #687 of 36,115
Today.. I received a package and inside was a very cool looking box...

All I was truly fixated on in this exact moment was the "Noble" name and I immediately thought "it can't be true that the universals I ordered, already showed up without receiving an Email with tracking # etc."

So I rapidly ripped open the box, eagerly anticipating to stuff the goodies into my ears...

What a disappointment... utter letdown... I can't even express it in words.... I should  have posted a picture of my face but I'm not really into selfies...

Instead this was what I saw and immediately realize that had completely forgotten.. that I had purchased a pajama as a X-mas gift, not for myself, very important that I point this out.. but it was for someone else that it hopefully will suit better, please don't tell my wife!

I know, not funny to most of you guys but it is actually a true story and of course a little later I noticed that the logo was upside down...
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #688 of 36,115

All I was truly fixated on in this exact moment was the "Noble" name and I immediately thought "it can't be true that the universals I ordered, already showed up without receiving an Email with tracking # etc."

So I rapidly ripped open the box, eagerly anticipating to stuff the goodies into my ears...

What a disappointment... utter letdown... I can't even express it in words.... I should  have posted a picture of my face but I'm not really into selfies...

Instead this was what I saw and immediately realize that had completely forgotten.. that I had purchased a pajama as a X-mas gift, not for myself, very important that I point this out.. but it was for someone else that it hopefully will suit better, please don't tell my wife!

I know, not funny to most of you guys but it is actually a true story...

Wow, Noble really is diversifying! I had no idea they launched a clothing line too. The Wizard is so talented. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #690 of 36,115

I know, not funny to most of you guys but it is actually a true story and of course a little later I noticed that the logo was upside down...
tongue_smile.gif

^Hahah story of my life. Still hoping those universals will come in soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back