Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 22, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #5,986 of 36,082
I have to thank Brannan and Calvin for the great customer service and patience in answering my various queries. 

Ultimately, I ordered my K10 from Calvin at Music Sanctuary (Singapore) and I can testify to the fact that he do provide very very excellent customer service and prompt replies. I will be sending out my ear impression soon and can't wait for it to be completed.

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #5,989 of 36,082

We had a Head-Fier do that recently

He purchased a "Wizard New School" for the K10 CIEM, and a "Wizard Old School" for the NW6.

The universals reached him first, so I have yet to hear his response in regards to the CIEMs.

But he was pleased with the NW6, that much was reported.

I really love the NW6. I will be posting a small comparison with the K10 later and (FITEAR 335dw if anyone is interested).

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #5,991 of 36,082
I wonder if there will be any chance of adding an apple/android remote to the noble cable......

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #5,995 of 36,082
  For those curious, I posted an in-depth discussion about the Noble 4C and the UERM in a separate thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739512/in-depth-comparison-ultimate-ears-in-ear-reference-monitor-noble-audio-4c-wizard-design

This is an awesome comparison!  Very well written and a lot of great impressions.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #5,996 of 36,082
This is my first part of my review of the the CIEMs that I own. First and foremost I would like to note that English is not my primary language and I will try my best to describe the difference I heard in the comparison.

I am not a professional audiophile, I started my hifi journey early this year so bare with me if you disagree with any of my comments. This is only my 2 cents.

I currently own Noble 6 Wizard (N6), Kaiser 10 Prestige Wizard (K10), Jerry Harvey Roxanne (Rox) and Fit Ear 335DW (335).

In this first part of the review I will only be posting about the chassis. I just received my K10 today so I will need some more time before I can give a more precise review.

Build & Custom Quality:

N6
The Noble 6 that I have is a wizard edition. This universal earphone is quite tiny in size compare to the customs even with 6 drivers build in. N6 is very easy to put on and take off. Much easier to wear compare to the Shure 846 I’ve tried in the store. The lightweight and size factor makes this IEM one of the most comfortable universal piece I’ve ever tried. 

K10
The Prestige Wizard build is the best overall. Many people think the wizard design options and exquisite materials are the best that market offers. That is indeed true. I don’t really need to emphasise the masterpiece that Wizard creates because the pictures in the thread says it all. What actually really amazes me is the way Noble carves the piece. I realised this custom piece has a lot less “meat” in its physical volume. I am not sure if this is intended but I can tell the piece is a lot smaller in terms of the size despite with 10 drivers build in. With a smaller body I am quite surprised the seal is just as good or even better than the other customs. What I noticed is that this custom leaves the canal length a little longer than the other 2 customs. I am not sure how much the canal length plays a part but I feel the weight of the ear piece is placed more balanced in my ear with this design. 

Rox
The Roxanne build looks stunningly beautiful with the carbon fibre build in. However I wish the logo size can be a tad smaller. That way the classic texture of carbon fibre can be shown more. The CIEM is the biggest of all but I feel the density is the lightest. The Rox sticks out my ear the most but the comfort factor is on par with the 335. I am not sure if the piece is hallow but despite with 12 drivers it still feels very light. The The new 4 port connector is sturdiest of all and it looks rain proof. The only concern that I have with this design is the hard cap might get in way of glass wearers (with stock cable).          

The 335 custom that I own is the clear acrylic case. The acrylic material on the 335 has a real glass feel and I really like the see thoroughness of it. That is also because the way the drivers are alined nicely and the piping looks well organised. The 335 design is very simple and clean. I really like the Japanese work when it comes to handcraft. I cannot find one single bubble in the piece that I have. The one down side about the build is that the face is made out of plastic. I am not sure if this is for service purposes or for faster production (connector build in) but I wish the whole thing is made out of the same material. The size of this piece is between the K10 and the Rox. I feel my piece is curved relatively round and the way it seals my ear is more on the outer side of my ear compare to the other 2 CIEMs. I also really like the small hook on the bottom top of the piece. It makes taking off CIEMs much easier. 

Conclusion
All these pieces nailed my fittings. Each piece has a different feel sitting on the ear and all of them feels comfortable. The one that stands out is the size of K10. The K10 design shred off a lot of excess body volume and has a great seal on my ear. And Wizard design is just impeccable.

I will be posting my second part of review soon and I will also do a revision on the first part. Stay tuned! *bow

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,997 of 36,082
Very nice part one review!  And wow, what a fine selection of iems you own.  I'm very jealous!

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #5,998 of 36,082
  This is my first part of my review of the the CIEMs that I own. First and foremost I would like to note that English is not my primary language and I will try my best to describe the difference I heard in the comparison.

I am not a professional audiophile, I started my hifi journey early this year so bare with me if you disagree with any of my comments. This is only my 2 cents.

I currently own Noble 6 Wizard (N6), Kaiser 10 Prestige Wizard (K10), Jerry Harvey Roxanne (Rox) and Fit Ear 335DW (335).

In this first part of the review I will only be posting about the chassis. I just received my K10 today so I will need some more time before I can give a more precise review.

Build & Custom Quality:

N6
The Noble 6 that I have is a wizard edition. This universal earphone is quite tiny in size compare to the customs even with 6 drivers build in. N6 is very easy to put on and take off. Much easier to wear compare to the Shure 846 I’ve tried in the store. The lightweight and size factor makes this IEM one of the most comfortable universal piece I’ve ever tried. 

K10
The Prestige Wizard build is the best overall. Many people think the wizard design options and exquisite materials are the best that market offers. That is indeed true. I don’t really need to emphasise the masterpiece that Wizard creates because the pictures in the thread says it all. What actually really amazes me is the way Noble carves the piece. I realised this custom piece has a lot less “meat” in its physical volume. I am not sure if this is intended but I can tell the piece is a lot smaller in terms of the size despite with 10 drivers build in. With a smaller body I am quite surprised the seal is just as good or even better than the other customs. What I noticed is that this custom leaves the canal length a little longer than the other 2 customs. I am not sure how much the canal length plays a part but I feel the weight of the ear piece is placed more balanced in my ear with this design. 

Rox
The Roxanne build looks stunningly beautiful with the carbon fibre build in. However I wish the logo size can be a tad smaller. That way the classic texture of carbon fibre can be shown more. The CIEM is the biggest of all but I feel the density is the lightest. The Rox sticks out my ear the most but the comfort factor is on par with the 335. I am not sure if the piece is hallow but despite with 12 drivers it still feels very light. The The new 4 port connector is sturdiest of all and it looks rain proof. The only concern that I have with this design is the hard cap might get in way of glass wearers (with stock cable).          

The 335 custom that I own is the clear acrylic case. The acrylic material on the 335 has a real glass feel and I really like the see thoroughness of it. That is also because the way the drivers are alined nicely and the piping looks well organised. The 335 design is very simple and clean. I really like the Japanese work when it comes to handcraft. I cannot find one single bubble in the piece that I have. The one down side about the build is that the face is made out of plastic. I am not sure if this is for service purposes or for faster production (connector build in) but I wish the whole thing is made out of the same material. The size of this piece is between the K10 and the Rox. I feel my piece is curved relatively round and the way it seals my ear is more on the outer side of my ear compare to the other 2 CIEMs. I also really like the small hook on the bottom top of the piece. It makes taking off CIEMs much easier. 

Conclusion
All these pieces nailed my fittings. Each piece has a different feel sitting on the ear and all of them feels comfortable. The one that stands out is the size of K10. The K10 design shred off a lot of excess body volume and has a great seal on my ear. And Wizard design is just impeccable.

I will be posting my second part of review soon and I will also do a revision on the first part. Stay tuned! *bow

Great review. looking forward to part 2.

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #5,999 of 36,082
Zap! Just like that it's Friday and here to send you off are an electrifying set Kaiser 10.

The Wizard really outdid himself with these, pairing vibrant yellow lines with blue highlights for faceplates and translucent blue shells with lots of fine cosmetic grade glitter to match.

On that bombshell, take care and rest easy this weekend, folks. We'll see all of you next week!
 ​
 ​
 ​

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #6,000 of 36,082

Zap! Just like that it's Friday and here to send you off are an electrifying set Kaiser 10.

The Wizard really outdid himself with these, pairing vibrant yellow lines with blue highlights for faceplates and translucent blue shells with lots of fine cosmetic grade glitter to match.

On that bombshell, take care and rest easy this weekend, folks. We'll see all of you next week!
 ​
 ​
 ​

Sexyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I mean the CIEM's, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back