Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #4,413 of 36,088
I was thinking, would it be possible to make Noble universals from transparent plastic?

Quote:

Wiz, have you ever done a clear body so just the internals show? If so, do you have a picture?

We have not done a clear shell, clear faceplate, CIEM yet. We have however done clear shells in combination with other acrylic colors and woods, as well as clear faceplates in combination with various acrylic shell colors.

May 31, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #4,414 of 36,088
I am confused!  I just ordered 8C's and selected clear everything (faceplate, shell, etc.), is it possible this has not ever been done?  Since these were options on the order page I assumed it was no big deal.  Can I assume the comment about clear being more brittle was on the order of urban legend?  If true, then I will definitely change my order, I want my 8C's to last a long, long time.  Cosmetics (clear, black, neon orange, whatever) are of no importance to me, durability and lifespan are VERY important.

May 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #4,415 of 36,088
  I am confused!  I just ordered 8C's and selected clear everything (faceplate, shell, etc.), is it possible this has not ever been done?  Since these were options on the order page I assumed it was no big deal.  Can I assume the comment about clear being more brittle was on the order of urban legend?  If true, then I will definitely change my order, I want my 8C's to last a long, long time.  Cosmetics (clear, black, neon orange, whatever) are of no importance to me, durability and lifespan are VERY important.

Clear shells are in fact the strongest out there as there's no color agent mixed in. The deeper the color, the more color pigment you have to add and thus weakening the shells to some extent. 

May 31, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4,416 of 36,088

We can do all clear, it's no problem. We haven't done it because nobody has asked us.

May 31, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #4,417 of 36,088

Day Two... only 48hrs left to get to see & hear the K10 & Hugo at the Newport Beach Show...
tongue_smile.gif

if you're going to the show be sure to see our host Brannan for a chance of securing a pair of N4's for free...
bigsmile_face.gif

May 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #4,418 of 36,088

Day Two... only 48hrs left to get to see & hear the K10 & Hugo at the Newport Beach Show... :tongue_smile:

if you're going to the show be sure to see our host Brannan for a chance of securing a pair of N4's for free... :bigsmile_face:

I'm all about free stuff... I shall pop in Tommorow.. It's hot out here in the Valley, I thought you CA guys always bragged about your temperate climate..

May 31, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #4,424 of 36,088

Day Two... only 48hrs left to get to see & hear the K10 & Hugo at the Newport Beach Show...
tongue_smile.gif

if you're going to the show be sure to see our host Brannan for a chance of securing a pair of N4's for free...
bigsmile_face.gif

Will Noble have a booth at Rocky Mountain CanJam this year?  Thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back